Swifties are divided over the silence of Taylor/Taylor Nation about the late Swiftie

Kayseri Mantisi

This makes me realize not every country is ready for such a huge demand

I hope fans stop crying if she didn't visit their countries in the future

Personally, I'm glad that she doesn't hold a concert in my country too. There are reasons why she picks more proper countries, so the fans who will watch the concert get sorted in some ways

My experience in Japan was so pleasing. No crazy fans, no one pushed me in the lines, no one yelled and made such infuriating gestures

Edited by Safe&Sound
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 21

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Edu

• on the line

• Dear Reader

• byzantium

3 minutes ago, discotraxxx said:

what a despicable behavior the way the press/PR is releasing details about her personal relationship with a famous player in his words while her team choose to ignore a death of a fan at her concert through the entire weekend. what a mastermind...

this woman needs a time to think about herself, her relation with media and audiences

lvKRsAu.gif

that interview was done weeks ago  and is releasing today cause of eagles chiefs game

1 minute ago, Safe&Sound said:

I hope fans stop crying if she didnt visit their countries in the future

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Summer_Olympics 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Safe&Sound said:

I hope fans stop crying if she didnt visit their countries in the future

The yearly Carnival in Rio moves more people than The Eras Tour dates here. Let’s not lol 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, campelo said:

The first artist in history to be honored at Christ the Redeemer is a foreigner who, faced with the death of her own fan (Brazilian) on the way to her own show (in Brazil), did not move a finger to help her family and did not even mention her name. Maybe there will be some lessons from all this.

Her response to all of this has been so tepid and weird. This is what happens when you are so obsessed with how the world views you and your brand that you have to make sure everything you say goes through your PR team before you post it online. I understand wanting to get all the details and taking your time, but stuff like this requires a quick, thoughtful response and that is something she could have done. Many other popstars have done it in the past. Of course it is not her fault a fan died, but how she is handling it is her fault. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Selegend said:

I think there's ways she could help and not be considered guilty. She has a team of experts, it was possible to make a donation alongside some document that would make it clear that they're doing it with goodwill and that they believe t4f is the one to blame. Anyway, this is all so sad. And distancing herself from it was a mad move. 

Well if you *think* maybe you should wait until you *know*

7 minutes ago, Safe&Sound said:

I hope fans stop crying if she didn't visit their countries in the future

Personally, I'm glad that she doesn't hold a concert in my country too. There are reasons why she picks more proper countries, so the fans who will watch the concert get sorted in some ways

My experience in Japan was so pleasing. No crazy fans, no one pushed me in the lines, no one yelled and made such infuriating gestures

Girlie there are far more bigger concerts than The Eras in Brazil :hoetenks: get a grip with your xenophobia 

• Like 8

I love how ATRL gays love to play manager/music executive sitting from the comfort of their own little home. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Redstreak said:

Well if you *think* maybe you should wait until you *know*

i hope Taylor's team tried to know tho. Do u think they did? it doesn't seem like it but i truly hope so. 

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

T4F aside (because they're 100% responsible and should actually pay for the funeral and everything, the least they could do), I feel like Taylor is only avoiding it because any sort of financial compensation could be used against her and considered an admission of guilt. Now I'm not really a law ****** and stan goggles are definitely off, but this is sooo unlike her though. The only logical reason I can think of is her & her team avoiding a potential lawsuit. Yall really need to stop throwing around Travis Scott comparisons cause it's not the same circumstances at all. 

That said, it's still really terrible and I hope Taylor approaches the girl's family privately at least. :katie:

this is the most logical response. it is considered an admission of guilt if taylor compensates for this.

9 minutes ago, discotraxxx said:

what a despicable behavior the way the press/PR is releasing details about her personal relationship with a famous player in his words while her team choose to ignore a death of a fan at her concert through the entire weekend. what a mastermind...

this woman needs a time to think about herself, her relation with media and audiences

lvKRsAu.gif

She released a statement did she not? She also stated she’s not in a state of being able to talk about it on stage. She performed a song that was clearly dedicated to the fan. Just because she doesn’t have the space to grieve publicly doesn’t mean she’s not grieving this loss.

I would offer her an ounce of empathy considering she’ of all people, would have this be weighted down on her. Surely this isn’t an incident any decent human would take lightly. If her team is doing the best they can to devise any form of contact or payment towards her family, I’d rather do it in a way that is meaningful than to be something half assed. Taylor has always been generous to her fans, why would we expect any less this time around?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Safe&Sound said:

not every country is ready for such a huge demand

your way to say the artist is to big for a country big as brazil underlying the idea "third world country" makes me laugh

we had the olympics and many big festivals for the last 10 years without any death case inside venues and periodt.

we receive these anglo cash grabbers always with kindness

theres no excuse

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There were 1 million people on BEP / The Rolling Stones new year's concert in Copabacana (Rio) years ago.

Some of you are just xenophobics. Brazil is one of the biggest music markets in the world right now. Too big and too important to not care about at all.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Selegend said:

Taylor and her team are wrong for not looking for ways to help Ana's family. 

It's probably cuz the news are very N/A outside Brazil, and if she starts talking more about it or sending money and suff, international media will start posting more about it and that would stain a little bit the huge 'the eras tour'. 

But the thing is: it wasn't taylor and her team fault, face the possible international news and HELP. It costs nothing for them. They were so wrong for doing nothing. 

I'm disappointed. Love Taylor, love this tour. But this is a disappointment (to say the least) and basically everyone in Brazil feels the same.  

I just hope Sao Paulo tour starts fresh next weekend, cuz Rio has been a nightmare. But with them being silent, this don't look like happening. 

The death was so tragic and sad and Taylor and her team silence is so disappointing. 

About the company (T4F) involved in this: they're the one to blame. But Taylor has all the money in the world and she + her team should've helped. It's empathy. 

It's not cuz it's not her fault that she couldn't help. 

10 minutes ago, Selegend said:

I think there's ways she could help and not be considered guilty. She has a team of experts, it was possible to make a donation alongside some document that would make it clear that they're doing it with goodwill and that they believe t4f is the one to blame. Anyway, this is all so sad. And distancing herself from it was a mad move. 

Even if solutions like the one you suggested are deemed viable, these things take time. It has been less than three days since the incident happened and less than a day since the revelation that the family encountered difficulty with getting the girl’s body back home. It would be deeply uncharacteristic of Taylor to simply do nothing. I am confident that within a few short days, we will hear more about her working to contribute and help the family in any way she can, or that she will have done so privately. I am sure that she is actively trying to do what she can already. Any genuine assessment of this situation and of her character would lead someone to believe that she will try to make things as right as she can. It should still be stated that this never should have happened, and T4F as a promoter have done the worst job imaginable in handling their responsibilities both leading to and following this tragedy. I would hope that she can pick up and assist where they have failed.

i was all against people making jokes and blaming taylor and her team for what happend with Ana 

taylor herself was looking for ways to help, she was looking if everyone could have water, she was worried and still put out an amazing show from what i saw online

all of her brazilian fans were behind her back and supportive. just attacking t4f (the company) 

but all the decisions made after it has been a mess and has lacked humanity. that's it. 

i still hope she and her team will do something more vocal and i'm sure most of her brazilian fans won't use the annoying "now it's loo late" card. we will support her action! 

but it is weird rn and it's sad atm. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, campelo said:

Girlie there are far more bigger concerts than The Eras in Brazil :hoetenks: get a grip with your xenophobia 

1 minute ago, discotraxxx said:

your way to say the artist is to big for a country big as brazil underlying the idea "third world country" makes me laugh

we had the olympics and many big festivals for the last 10 years without any death case inside venues and periodt.

we receive these anglo cash grabbers always with kindness

theres no excuse

Then why they didn't apply same regulation as those events in this tour?

From the responses here, I hope most of you are never in a foreign country working with a local team you cannot trust and requiring local legal help.  

Like she has only been in the country for  4 days and has already been adjacently involved in two investigation, gotten sick, and ridiculed by the media and online.  Sometimes I feel like people here forget that celebrities are humans.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Even if solutions like the one you suggested are deemed viable, these things take time. It has been less than three days since the incident happened and less than a day since the revelation that the family encountered difficulty with getting the girl’s body back home. It would be deeply uncharacteristic of Taylor to simply do nothing. I am confident that within a few short days, we will hear more about her working to contribute and help the family in any way she can, or that she will have done so privately. I am sure that she is actively trying to do what she can already. Any genuine assessment of this situation and of her character would lead someone to believe that she will try to make things as right as she can. It should still be stated that this never should have happened, and T4F as a promoter have done the worst job imaginable in handling their responsibilities both leading to and following this tragedy. I would hope that she can pick up and assist where they have failed.

i hope you're right!!! :heart2::heart:

i'm sorry it's just cuz the pessimism has taken over brazilian fans. it's truly looking like this tour is cursed here i'm not even kidding. 

i will have faith on taylor! 

3 minutes ago, kexin said:

@discotraxxxseeing that you disliked my comment a second i posted, I believe you did not read my reply at all 

im god awful in english. but yeah I could read before the dislike

im a latino but no lea michele. we can read the basics

thanks

kHlvcCe.gif

• Thanks 1

Just now, discotraxxx said:

im god awful in english. but yeah I could read before the dislike

im a latino but no lea michele. we can read the basics

thanks

kHlvcCe.gif

love latinos

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, latingrl2005 said:

People here are acting real dumb. This is an active criminal investigation. Any comments or attempts to give money to the family can be seen as an attempt to pay them off. Taylor's team is in a foreign country and will need to be get legal help there.

Pretty much this. The average user here is acting emotionally which is totally fair. But I'm sure legal counsel has taken place. I hope Taylor helps the family in the future, but for now it's only been like 48 hours. Ultimately, T4F should be held responsible as well. I also hope Taylor pushes for no more general admission.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Villas said:

I don’t understand why her team is tooking so long to do something

Because it's a criminal investigation.

They probably did an autopsy. They need to know the cause of death. No one knows if she had a heart condition, drank alcohol and had any drugs in her system. So until thos information is not known, no one e can start making statements.

Edited by latingrl2005
  • Like 2

It's very disappointing how overlooked brazilian fans are. If a tragedy had struck on the US, I'm 100% sure her response would've been completely different. 

Saying nothing other than an insta story is clearly a PR move to distance herself from the tragedy. I understand she is not at fault but I will be very disappointed if she doesn't do anything, it's goes against everything she usually stands for.

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.