Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

rehceeb

1 hour ago, Love Again said:

All this ranting will not be remembered anymore once the lead is out and the era is on it's legs. You guys are never satisfied regardless, that's why I don't respond to it :deadbanana2:

I know i'm ranting but at the same time is there anything wrong with what i said? I'm not a pessimistic person in general, i just genuinely don't understand the choices Dua and her team made so far.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cain

• KatyPrismSpirit

• katara

• unclefloprry

2 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

I know i'm ranting but at the same time is there anything wrong with what i said? I'm not a pessimistic person in general, i just genuinely don't understand the choices Dua and her team made so far.

I don't understand some of the choices either and I'm not saying ur not allowed to criticize it or question it, but my point is is that it's all a waste of energy because we know that once the lead is out and the era is going we're not gonna care about all of this because we'll be fed constantly. I'm just more a ''light at the end of the tunnel'' person when it comes to this

• Like 1

Nov 9th is not too late.   It's like a week later than "Don't Start Now" in 2019.   Everyone calm down.

Nov 9th is literally good. That’s literally only a week from now and she has yet to officially announce it, interviews perhaps, do longer snippets. Shes coming and it will be worth the wait.

I think the release roll out is fine especially considering they had problems along the way AKA the war and the EMAs cancellation.

We also have to take into account that even if the context is similar to the release of DSN this time they have a much bigger fanbase to deal with so they are taking their time to create an interactive and engaging scenario with the website, the WhatsApp groups, etc.

It’s part of the build up and a nice way to stimulate fans to gather around and be an active part of the whole thing IMO.

And still, even considering all that, as many have already said, Dua plays the long game, we all know she is much more about consolidating than being brainless, so it’s going to be fine if the quality is there.

It does not matter if this comes out this or next week. Knowing her, the song won‘t fully peak before Feb/March :rip:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

What is she doing on WhatsApp? Is it just the same thing she’s texting everyone about?

57 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

You sure about that? I already found November 2/3 to be a bit too far but November 9 is WAY too late. I don't want to be too pessimistic but they really should've released Houdini last Friday already, it would've had way more time to rise and impose itself in the charts before the Christmas takeover. We'll see what happen but i really think it's a bit too late.

I also don't understand why they started teasing the era SO EARLY :rip:

Something changed last minute behind the scenes, i'm 100% sure of it now. There's no way she and her team thought it was a good idea to start teasing the new era a whole month before dropping the first single. It's not the 00s anymore, long teasers just end up annoying the GP and they lose interest before the single is even out. The title of the song is also pretty risky, if it end up flopping we'll hear "it magically disappeared from the charts" jokes until the end of times :toofunny3:

Ok, rant over. I'm probably gonna be totally on board once the single is out, i just don't understand many of the decisions they've taken so far.

I don't get why y'all are so scared about the "Christmas takeover", it'll smash in Europe and LatAm so there's nothing to fear.
it will smash later in North America

the Christmas freeze hasn't been a thing in years. also Dua's singles always peak super late

The Christmas freeze scare is overblown. It will be good to have the song out now because radio will be eager for new things to play in January.

Edited by mystery
  • Like 1

Dua's always been a slow burner. Don't get too caught up with the first weeks

I'm more cautious about the sound. I hope it's really a breath of fresh air and she switches up. I want her to surpass the expectations that disco is all she can do.

Is she following DSN footsteps? 

excited regardless 

although we have to wait a week im glad we have a date!

hope we get an extended snippet before the end of the week :angelo:

2 hours ago, RadioactiveLights said:

Dua's always been a slow burner. Don't get too caught up with the first weeks

I'm more cautious about the sound. I hope it's really a breath of fresh air and she switches up. I want her to surpass the expectations that disco is all she can do.

Her first album is right there. People who still believe that clearly never listened ot it.

Interesting single name, I'm intrigued

What is everyone talking about :skull: this will peak next year it truly doesn’t matter when she releases it

2 minutes ago, Cain said:

What is everyone talking about :skull: this will peak next year it truly doesn’t matter when she releases it

The meltdowns in March when it's 10 points away from #1 :jonny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.