HDD: "1989 (Taylor's Version)" 1,586,516; beats Midnights, 10 albums top 40

Squall

7 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

Just one note, that Drake earned his 13th a few weeks ago and she’s about to tie him again.

Corrected, thank you! I was going off the Wiki article for the BB200 which hasn't updated his count yet.

• Like 1

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squall

• Enrique523

• Cruel Summer

• PoisonedIvy

25 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Debut maybe depending on how many hardcore Swifties take pity on her

Debut doesn’t need pity. It has some quality gems that just need exposure. 

I listened to Tim McGraw when it first came out and it immediately converted me into a fan.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I need Midnights to stay on top though.

Having a re record sitting on top is a bit weird.

Rep TV can snatch that spot though. Her dark, night time album rep and mid as top 2 are cool and well deserved.

Edited by chiliam
  • Confused 1

One of One.

She's incomparable.

Congrats to Taylor and the Swifties.

I love how she brings excitement to the charts. 

TS11 is going to be even more exciting. I wonder if she'll switch up genres...

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Multiple blonde legends selling 1M album/book units...

This week was wonderful.

ad7c1c48a82bce8f967df7d552dfa076.gif

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If she drops rep this time next year, 1M is in the bag. The vault tracks are going to be insane, I just know it. Bad Bitchlor really was taking it in that era sonically.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, PurrKaty said:

If she drops a large vault with debut due to it being her first album I would not be shocked if it debuts over 1M. If it has the same 1-5 vault tracks then I can still see it making this list tbh but not over 600k.

Debut TV should be a triple album tbh. All those songs she wrote for debut that didn’t make it onto the album! Plus the country stuffs she wrote after Red that never got to see the light of day because she wasn’t going to release any more country albums.

Edited by bxtbxt9797
  • Like 1

Yeah, the Vault tracks for Debut TV have the potential to be truly insane, she wrote MANY amazing songs during that time.

• Like 1

The most exciting part of the last 2 TVs are their respective covers. The possibilities are endless with Rep and the way she's going to approach the innocence of Debut will be very interesting to see.

Edited by dumbsparce
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

Assorted fun facts:

• 6th million-plus debut (runner up: Eminem, BSB, *NSYNC with 2 each)
  • 10th 500k+ pure sales debut (she's already the only artist in history with 9, not sure who runner up is)
  • 13th #1 album, the most among women and tying Drake for third place among all artists (#1 Beatles with 19, #2 Jay-Z with 14)
  • 13th consecutive #1 studio album, extending lead (#2 Jay-Z with 11)
  • 13th consecutive #1 debut for a studio album (slightly different record from above; same runner-up)
  • 64th cumulative week at #1 for Taylor, first among women and third among all artists (#1 Beatles with 132, #2 Elvis with 67)
  • Biggest debut and biggest pure sales week of the 2020's so far
  • Biggest vinyl week of the Soundscan/Luminate era
  • 334 cumulative weeks in the top ten if 1989 TV, Midnights, and Lover all stay top ten as expected; most among women and solo artists, second overall (#1 Beatles with 382; this is the first notable Beatles record she's likely to eventually break)

Pretty sure the 500k sales runner up is Eminem 

3 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

Quick recap of the biggest debuts this decade:

1. 1,587,000 - 1989 (Taylor's Version), Taylor Swift *Official Billboard figure forthcoming Sunday
  2. 1,578,000 - Midnights, Taylor Swift
  3. 846,000 - Folklore, Taylor Swift
  4. 839,000 - 30, Adele
  5. 716,000 - Speak Now (Taylor's Version), Taylor Swift
  6. 613,000 - Certified Lover Boy, Drake
  7. 605,000 - Red (Taylor's Version), Taylor Swift
  8. 521,500 - Harry's House, Harry Styles
  9. 501,000 - One Thing at a Time, Morgan Wallen
  10. 497,000 - Legends Never Die, Juice Wrld

How many more spots in the top ten will she take?

insta-tay.thumb.gif.08c3c625d5cb44b0da69

This list is ******* WILD. 5/10 top albums of the decade. She is pop music.

1 minute ago, on the line said:

This list is ******* WILD. 5/10 top albums of the decade. She is pop music.

Isn’t it? And that gap from #2 to #3 when #3 is herself :gaycatx:

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

Isn’t it? And that gap from #2 to #3 when #3 is herself :gaycatx:

And she's only going to add to the list. The decade end could be 9/10 albums literally lol

In 2021 people thought the last artist to debut at 1 Million would be Adele. In 2024 Taylor could debut 3 years in a row with 1.5 Million+.

• Thanks 3

She really is untouchable. :clap3:

HDD usually predicts lower than the actual figures, so 1989 TV has the record on lock for sure..

I agree with the comments above, she better give us an album full of vault tracks for Debut TV, it's one of my favorite album of hers.

This is so insane. She not only beat out OG 1989, but potentially even midnights. Insane. Congrats Taylor. :heart:

3 hours ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

Debut doesn’t need pity. It has some quality gems that just need exposure. 

I listened to Tim McGraw when it first came out and it immediately converted me into a fan.

I mean, I agree that it has many excellent gems, but it’s still gonna need help. Even with the massive Taylor renaissance, it’s still far (far [far]) behind every other album on Spotify. The hype will be minimal compared to Reputation TV unless She manages to get everyone super excited about the fact that it’ll be the final chapter of the TV project. 

• Like 1

Why is everyone going on about Mixtape vault tracks. It already has more than enough fillers and the unreleased songs I heard arent that good.

And more importantely first weeks are obviously mainly pure sales so the number of vault tracks doesnt matter at all. It will do a cute 500k or so first week, but not many weeks in the top 10

The way white girls eat up this over priced **** like Starbucks, it’s truly astonishing 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 31

Rep TV will do anywhere between 800k-1M

Self Titled / mixtape will prob cap at 500k

and that's amazing!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.