• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• Seffers

• rl231

• EnterTheAttic

rRr4fG4.png?width=1410&height=1086

Welcome castaways to your 8th results show! The judges (and a few guests!) - 7 in total - have ranked your entries, and I will now reveal their comments and rankings.

After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked against all castaways, and finally the overall rankings after this round. The top 3 will each win individual immunity.

With that said, here are the intros:

Contestants Song
Alldeezy Years & Years - King (0:00 - 0:16)
Armani Beyoncé - Partition (0:00 - 0:21)
Aurora iamamiwhoami - fountain (0:00-0:48)
blackoutbaby Miley Cyrus - FU (feat. French Montana) (0:00 - 0:22)
EnterTheAttic Natalia Kills - Controversy (0:00 - 0:35)
fiercE Who See & Nina Žižić - Igranka (0:00 - 0:16)
gardendreams Ariana Grande - Honeymoon Avenue (0:00 - 0:37)
Golden Hour Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (0:00 - 0:25)
Kyuti Lorde - Team (0:00 - 0:36)
MusicLoverDude Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away with Me (0:00 - 0:15)
Seffers Beyoncé - Blow (0:00 - 0:18)
Titsanny LOONA / ODD EYE CIRCLE - ODD Front (0:00 - 0:42)
ZORBIT Sex Metal Barbie - In This Moment (0:00 - 0:35)

Next are the rankings...

@rl231

59bc1da891d08_ezgif.com-resize(1).thumb.

1. Honeymoon Avenue - The definition of an EARWORM. Well done!

2. fountain - Very intriguing and unique, loved the intro. 

3. Team - Bonafide classic and an awesome pick. 

4. King - British production is there, and I’m a sucker for that stuff. I think the intro really helps the song out. 

5. FU - This drew me in because of that passion, that force behind Miley’s vocals, solid pick.

6. Partition - Pretty fun and nice - just others that were better here for me.

7. 24K Magic - This one was good (for me), and I definitely have a soft spot for this one. However, there are others that are stronger.

8. Run Away with Me - I’m a sucker for a sax, but I feel like there were stronger intros this round.

9. Controversy - The spoken word really ruined it for me. The other half was great, but the spoken word dragged it down.

10. ODD Front - I think it dragged a little too long, but I did like the build up!

11. Blow - Great song, meh intro though.

12. In This Moment - oh no…

13. Igranka - I listened to this and immediately wanted to turn it off…

@luckystrike

ezgif-2-f4b36e15a4.thumb.gif.2987ccf55b766a210d91a5df70178baa.gif

1. Team - The way her voice transforms into the beat is so ******* legendary, definitely came to mind when I saw the theme and it’s a clear example of an attention-grabbing intro.
  2. Honeymoon Avenue - Charming and grandiose, introduces the song and album in a very classy and gorgeous way, as if you’re walking into a very regal ceremony.
  3. Partition - Obviously makes you want to chant along, and then the beat slaps you in the face as your ***** hits the floor, mother.
  4. Run Away With Me - Play this in a room full of gay people and you will hear a collective gasp, that’s how you do an intro.
  5. Fountain - I had never heard this before but it was quite stunning! It definitely grabbed my attention, very ethereal sounding.
  6. Sex Metal Barbie - Not really a genre I gravitate towards but definitely made me curious to hear the full thing, the production was very cool!
  7. FU - I had this ranked lower but she did eat a little, it’s very dramatic and transitions well into the verse, maybe I just wish it was longer so it had even more of an impact on me.
  8. Controversy - I feel like the second half was cool, but the first half with the spoken word doesn’t really captivate me.
  9. Blow - I don’t think there’s anything special about this, she sounds stunning which she always does, and I guess the moans in the background are a fun touch, but there’s a lot of stronger entries here.
  10. ODD Front - It was cutesy but it didn’t have a lot going on, just a quite normal build up that didn’t sound very special or groundbreaking to me.
  11. King - It’s a nice intro to a good pop song but I don’t really think it has any special qualities.
  12. 24K Magic - It might be only me but I found the auto-tune use here extremely annoying, sorry.
  13. Igranka - If anything, the intro made me want to pause the song.

@supaspaz 

AnrR4z8.thumb.gif.2a67c9de082e771f6be80d

1. Team - A banger from the first second, with that menacing a cappella delivery. The gradual transformation of the intro – layer in some more vocal tracks, then a simple beat, before melting them together – is genius.

2. Run Away With Me - Actually iconic.

3. Honeymoon Avenue - Absolutely stunning, from the furiously orchestral strings to the flourish of harmonies. It perfectly establishes a vibe for the song.

4. Fountain - Takes its time to build your anticipation on an epic sonic journey. If anything, it could have gone on a bit longer.

5. Partition - Call-and-response is always a good strategy.

6. ODD Front - Deceptively effective. By the time the clapping and oohs kicked in, I was totally on its wavelength.

7. 24K Magic - It’s distinctive and sets up a nice contrast with the first chorus. Considered entirely separately, however, it’s not as strong, because that first chorus is when the song really gets me going.

8. Controversy - The voicemail doesn’t add much for me, but the switch-up into the music definitely grabbed my attention.

9. King - Slinky and seductive, but nothing special.

10. Blow - Weak choice. It immediately gets overshadowed by the instrumental groove that follows.

11. FU - Unfortunately, I find this one kind of annoying and a turn-off.

12. In This Moment - More loud than interesting.

13.  Igranka - Background noise.

@Rotunda

HQIwSrH.thumb.jpg.6400c9737b3b2923bbc194

1. Honeymoon Avenue - Excellence
  2. Run Away With Me - An iconic intro 
  3. Fountain - Very pretty, quite nice
  4. Partition - Yes mother
  5. Team - I don’t have the attachment to this some girls have 
  6. Odd Front - Sure 
  7. Igranka - Sure [2]
  8. 24K Magic - The last few seconds of the intro are strong 
  9. Blow - It’s not really a highlight of the song 
  10. FU- good in an unserious kind of way 
  11. Controversy - The voicemail thing has been done better 
  12. In This Moment - It is an intro yes
  13. King - It is an intro yes [2]

• Haha 2

Just now, Hey Dude said:

No one sent Toxic's intro?

:suburban:

well...they couldn't lol, it was from 2013 to 2017

Just now, Hey Dude said:

No one sent Toxic's intro?

:suburban:

Toxic is from 2003 and the prompt said 2013-2017

@EriKills I can't escape the koolaid of your album in Survivor. Even after my elimination in Choose the Album, Then the Song Natalia followed me here.

• Haha 1

@Staryu

dog.thumb.png.e07016bf597ee19fb3e029b4a5

1. Team - I've always LOVED this intro so much, the way she fades into the production, mesmerizing. 

2. Partition - She pulls you in with the audience participation for sure. 

3. Run Away With Me - The funky yet sexy saxophone definitely lures me in.

4. Fountain - Love the etherealness, it's very pleasant and left me wanting more.

5. Honeymoon Avenue - Beautiful start with the strings

6. FU - Miley's vocals kinda ate.

7. Blow - Her sultry vocals are alluring.

8. Controversy - This was unique but I don't really love voice recordings, I'm not a nosy ***** idc about her business.. but I would stick around to hear a bit more I guess.

9. Sex Metal Barbie - This was interesting, very loud, not sure if I'd want to hear more or not tbh. 

10. King - Love this song but the intro is just nice, doesn't really slay or stand out.

11. ODD Front - Same as King, it's cute, but doesn't really draw you in that much.

12. 24k Magic - The massive autotune is a turn off to me but the last few seconds are nice.

13. Igranka - This left me wanting no more. 

@Tom Vercetti

fwjYnCl.thumb.gif.4de677afae35ef4408d12b065305319c.gif

1. 24K Magic - Firstly, I want to say that the intro is talkbox effects, not autotune. They’re two different things. Secondly, as an appreciator of Zapp & Roger’s output, I believe this is an effective intro for this throwback palette and it sticks out to me the most. 

2. Team - The vocal and production fusion has always been clutch. This entry really works because the intro has always been one of the most memorable moments of the song and that’s what these entries should strive for. 

3. Honeymoon Avenue - The instrumentation, doo ***’d vocals, & the arrangement strings together well. Definitely mood setting and lays down a memorable preview of what’s in store for the rest of the song. 

4. Fountain - I find the beat/production of this song captivating. One of the standouts in that department. The one small criticism I have is, it’s not very distinct from the first verse. Beside that, it makes me want to dwell in the rest of the song.  

5. ODD Front - Something about the instrumental really captures my ear. It’s very playful and cheery. 

6. Partition - It’s all about when the beat hits. The audience call is okay. 

7. Run Away with Me - It’s recognizable to say the least. I do wish the horn sounds were more appealing to me however. 

8. Controversy - Not exactly sure the quality of the phone calls sells the intro but the beat change gave it some life. 

9. Blow - Very standard introduction. Nothing special nor bad about it. She sounds good though. 

10. In This Moment - This intro doesn’t get me hyped up to hear the rest but i’ll give it some brownie points for providing some non-generic instrumentation. 

11. King - It’s just a normal pop instrumental intro.  

12. FU - One of the weaker intros for me. The dramatic singing doesn’t provide personal anticipation for the rest of the song. 

13. Igranka - The production itself is already giving dated. Wasn’t able to find any connection to this intro. 

@Element

Screenshot2023-06-23at1_39_37AM.thumb.pn

1. Ariana Grande - Honeymoon Avenue - Loving this choice! It’s pretty lengthy but she uses up every second effectively. The combination of the violins, the scatting, and the subtle traffic sounds? Really creative, unique, and draws you in immediately.

2. iamamiwhoami - fountain - Absolutely beautiful and magical. It’s a great representation of the song to come, and I think it’s quite effective at pulling you in!

3. Lorde - Team - Very haunting and memorable. I can’t think of any other intro that sounds like this. I think most people would be very curious to see where the song goes after hearing this. This definitely benefits from having some strong lyrics too.

4. Beyoncé - Partition - Definitely a unique intro for an iconic song! The combination of the spoken words + the powerful beat drop are a successful mix no matter where/when you’re listening to this!

5. Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away with Me - Gay rights!! This call to action is almost like a dog whistle to which every single homosexual would respond.

6. Years & Years - King - I have a soft spot for this song and the intro especially. The effervescent synths capture my attention like a call to the dancefloor every time. It’s not the strongest/most unique of the round, but it works for me and my truth yup.

7. Miley Cyrus - FU (feat. French Montana) - I forgot about this song tbh. She was serving DRAMA in the first 20 seconds huh? I enjoy it and it goes a pretty good job at grabbing my interest.

8. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic - I’m on the fence here. I feel like there are certain settings where I’d be into the intro, and others where I would be hitting the skip button.

9. Natalia Kills - Controversy - I’m a bit torn on this one. I think that it hits the marks of being a unique and memorable intro for sure. I don’t know if it necessarily draws me in to listen to more of the song though. The first 20 seconds are a bit grating and might turn some listeners off. The percussive component is more exciting IMO.

10. LOONA / ODD EYE CIRCLE - ODD Front - It’s kind of giving fun it’s kind of giving annoying

11. Sex Metal Barbie - In This Moment - There’s nothing that remarkable about this to me. It’s kind of a standard rock intro. I don’t even mind it but it just doesn’t engage me at all. Like I would probably blink and miss it.

12. Beyoncé - Blow - It’s honestly a bit bland and understated for what is a very fun song to follow.

13. Who See & Nina Žižić - Igranka - This was a bit jarring and annoying. I also didn’t feel like it was really special or exciting. A generic dance/electropop intro.

Ranked from high to in the middle. I guess I'll take that?

REDO!!!!!!!!!

These are the people who just missed the top 6...

Spoiler

7. blackoutbaby - Miley Cyrus - FU (feat. French Montana) - 8.29

7. Titsanny - LOONA / ODD EYE CIRCLE - ODD Front - 8.29

9. EnterTheAttic - Natalia Kills - Controversy - 8.71

10. Alldeezy - Years & Years - King - 9.14

11. Seffers - Beyoncé - Blow - 9.57

12. ZORBIT - Sex Metal Barbie - In This Moment - 10.29

13. fiercE - Who See & Nina Žižić - Igranka - 12.14

And for the remaining 6, the top 3 are...

Spoiler

In 1st, with a 2.29, is...

Ariana Grande - Honeymoon Avenue submitted by @gardendreams!

AND

Lorde - Team submitted by @Kyuti

AND LASTLY, in 3rd is...

iamamiwhoami - fountain submitted by @Aurora

Congrats to the three of you! You three are safe at this next Tribal Council.

Everyone will be attending Tribal Council where one of you will vote someone out of Hex! You must cast your vote with a parchment and, if you haven't done it, you MUST include a bootlist with everyone left in the game. Votes are due at 8 PM EST on Monday, November 20th, and you may not cast votes for gardendreams, Kyuti, or Aurora. Everyone else is fair game - good luck!

Edited by rl231
  • Thanks 1

We've attached scores to your rankings, so here are the overall and cumulative rankings!

OVERALL RANKINGS

1. gardendreams - 10

1. Kyuti - 10

3. Aurora - 9.5

4. Armani - 9

5. MusicLoverDude - 8.5

6. Golden Hour - 8

7. blackoutbaby - 7.5

7. Titsanny - 7.5

9. EnterTheAttic - 6.5

10. Alldeezy - 6

11. Seffers - 5.5

12. ZORBIT - 5

13. fiercE - 5

CUMULATIVE RANKINGS

1. Golden Hour - 8.86

1. MusicLoverDude - 8.86

3. Kyuti - 7.95

4. fiercE - 7.89

5. blackoutbaby - 7.81

6. gardendreams - 7.48

7. Aurora - 7.22

8. Seffers - 7.22

9. Armani - 7.16

10. Titsanny - 7.06

11. Alldeezy - 7.06

12. EnterTheAttic - 6.89

13. ZORBIT - 5.77

The judges who ranked Miley low are haters confirmed.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

iamamiwhoami - fountain submitted by @Aurora

@fountain @Aurora congrats!  :clap3:

I like to think I might have helped introduce some people to the genius that is iamamiwhoami, and I consider that to be the greatest achievement of all. :clap3: Thank you for seeing what I see in this beautiful intro, judges!

Congrats to everyone else as well—Honeymoon Avenue and Team are definitely worthy of sharing the top spot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.