Will Taylor Swift outsell Britney Spears in pure sales?

Aethereal

Will Taylor Swift outsell Britney spears in TEA album (units)?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Will she?

Just now, Aristotle said:

She doesn't. :rip: Midnight was exceptional. 1989 might entertain that figure though. Her next studio will probably make 2M-2.5M pure sales. 

Her pure album sales according to Chartmasters:

'reputation' - 4.7M

'Lover' - 3.6M

'folklore' - 3.9M

'evermore' - 2.2M

'Midnights' - 4.0M

The only exception here is 'evermore'. :lakitu:

• Like 2

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aethereal

• Cruel Summer

• suburbannature

• EmailMySwift

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor will have like 18 studio albums by the time she does. So I guess she will.

So it's "Bash Britney" season again

with these recent threads, huh

1 hour ago, Aristotle said:

https://chartmasters.org/best-selling-artists-of-all-time/

CM inflates the single/song tracks equivalents so I converted the digital single song sales myself. 

Chartmasters heavily underrates Britney's receipts

especially when there are true receipts from 20 years ago, saying she has more sales than what CM has her now :deadbanana4:

(also Tay is consistently getting updated, while Brit's last1 was 2019)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Rev8 said:

especially when there are true receipts from 20 years ago, saying she has more sales than what CM has her now :deadbanana4:

i-wanna-see-the-receipts-receipts.gif 

Yes. It's not if, it's when. 

1 minute ago, Aristotle said:

i-wanna-see-the-receipts-receipts.gif 

F30Tle6X0AAWH4a?format=jpg&name=large

Britney's Hollywood Walk Of Fame document^, which states: over 54 Million Albums (her first 3 albums) - in 2003

CM's current assessment of her first 3 albums - 53,7 Million Albums - in 2019

I don't even look for receipts how Chartmasters leaves out some numbers, but there have been loads of receipts that have came out thru-ought the years showing that they either ignore or are oblivious to some particular stats.

That's why u can't trust them to compare artists to one another (especially not for older acts, where receipts are gone or hard to find)

Several users already told u they are bad news tho

arianakiss-arianagrande.thumb.gif.9916a99345294a16fbf3c19785a00466.gif

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

So it's "Bash Britney" season again

with these recent threads, huh

And since 2019 Britney wouldn't have moved many units, so that's fine. 

• Like 1

I've been lurking pop forums for a long time and their pure sales numbers are on par with the mainstream Classic ATRL stats, only somewhat more conservative.

Check Mariah album sales if you don't believe me. 

Their streaming units are questionable, however in general even the "legit" streaming units are still questionable for many reasons. 

They’re really not. They’ve openly admitted to just estimating sales figures and with a margin of error in millions. And their Asian sale estimates are even worse. 

37 minutes ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

Taylor releases like 3 albums per year so of course she will

Britney can start releasing 10 albums per year and Taylor would still outsell. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Britney's Hollywood Walk Of Fame document^, which states: over 54 Million Albums (her first 3 albums) - in 2003

I don't even look for receipts how Chartmasters leaves out some numbers, but there have been loads of receipts that have came out thru-ought the years showing that they either ignore or are oblivious to some particular stats.

That's why u can't trust them to compare artists to one another (especially not for older acts, where receipts are gone or hard to find)

The public reports are known to inflate the sales a bit when they report the total not country-wise, such as "BOMT" sold 30M copies WW, so the fact they are so close just proves the accuracy. Those missing numbers can apply to Taylor too.

Also Britney was a not strong catalog seller after the early 2000s, she had extraordinary opening weeks. 

Edited by Aristotle

12 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

They’re really not. They’ve openly admitted to just estimating sales figures and with a margin of error in millions. And their Asian sale estimates are even worse. 

They have Mariah at +150M pure album sales, just like it used to be said. 

@Rev8

Actually Britney's first 3 albums have her at 61.4M with LPs. 

6 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

And since 2019 Britney wouldn't have moved many units, so that's fine. 

Not sure why u had to reply to a comment in Parentheses :deadbanana4:

but not surprised u missed the point entirely.

Also, not sure what triggered u to respond that way to a comment that was actually dismissing a Information Source

4 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

The public reports are known to inflate the sales a bit when they report the total not country-wise, such as "BOMT" sold 30M copies WW, so the fact they are so close just proves the accuracy. Those missing numbers can apply to Taylor too.

Also Britney was a not strong catalog seller after the early 2000s, she had extraordinary opening weeks. 

I think that was the Army's claim at the time

and I think it might've come exactly from CM, confusing album units to pure units

The missing numbers for Taylor can apply for her really early stuff (like..2nd album at most?) but stans were already starting to save everything in late 00s/early 10s

so chances of receipts going offline/deleted, was much smaller

but it's not about Taylor's stats here - It's about the fact that Chartmasters' stats for older artists, are largely untrue and missing.

1 hour ago, shyboi said:

I didn't even know Britney's sales, that's very impressive! I wonder why was she selling so much 

A phenomenon 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

They have Mariah at +150M pure album sales, just like it used to be said. 

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. They THEMSELVES have openly admitted to guesstimating sales with a margin of error in the millions in addition to having no sources for Asian sales and excluding millions as a result.

They're not a good source. It's fun stan fodder, but not something to take seriously.

8 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. They THEMSELVES have openly admitted to guesstimating sales with a margin of error in the millions in addition to having no sources for Asian sales and excluding millions as a result.

They're not a good source. It's fun stan fodder, but not something to take seriously.

By the time Taylor outsells Britney in TEA according to those CM figures, how much left of Britney's numbers do you think there will be from "millions lost due to large margin error"?

3 million? 4 million? All the big markets are reported based on official sale estimators. :rip: There wont be a radical difference. They don't differ much from stans estimates either or  Mediatraffic. 

CSPC-Britney-Spears-album-sales-breakdow

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rihannasbe$tfrnd said:

No and her sales aren’t impressive. Streaming needs to be recalibrated because we don’t know how many times Becky Sue who bought X album played it on her cd player yet nowadays we have Karen Susan streaming Taylor’s album all day and they’re counting that as sales … :thing:

Exactly why streaming shouldn’t count towards sales figures.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Easily, if it actually hasn't happened already.

Her catalog alone sold ~3M in 2022 alone. With a new album, her current tour + catalog, she can easily add another +5M to her album sales by the end of the year.

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/1-in-4-albums-sold-last-week-speak-now-taylors-version-1235373410/

Britney 89 million single sales. :ahh:

Give me a break. She is barely at 40. 

1 hour ago, Rev8 said:

Chart masters probably doesn't count the free ones. 

• Like 1

Wow. Taylor Swift fans are worse than Arsenal fans. If there's ever a zombie invasion, I'mma assume it started w/ one of y'all

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Yes, Taylor will release a LOT MORE albums in the coming years.. Britney, i don't think she really wants to comeback to music industry.

By the time Taylor outsells Britney in TEA according to those CM figures, how much left of Britney's numbers do you think there will be from "millions lost due to large margin error"?

3 million? 4 million? All the big markets are reported based on official sale estimators. :rip: There wont be a radical difference. They don't differ much from stans estimates either or  Mediatraffic. 

CSPC-Britney-Spears-album-sales-breakdow

Again, not referring to any specific pop girl numbers but your source.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.