Charli XCX unfollows Rina Sawayama | Charli speaks out beef ended

Sugden

6 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

i feel like charli herself has just absolutely nosedived after CRASH.

well even throughout the era she was in a vicious cycle of, “idgaf, i’m such an internet troll, i love making people mad, i’m the best at everything” one moment - and then literally crying on instagram and talking about, “my mental health and i’m taking a social media break” the next. 

love her so much, but she’s losing it personality wise. i only pay attention to the music these days because she’s become arrogant and ego-driven. not sure what’s going on and i hope things turn around for her. 

• Like 5

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Archetype

• Espresso

• Windy Day

• brooklyndaddy

57 minutes ago, robattack332 said:

The cool people in life 

Chjdj this high school ass take, pls grow up

OT: Charli gives me bad vibes and Crash was extremely mid

• Like 1

Both of them are my faves and it's really sad to see Charli acting like a literal brat rn. She should've sit down and eat her food quietly because she's 100% wrong on this one

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, playboi said:

100%

Her documentary completely ruined her for me.

She's typically the type of person I avoid IRL, extremely vain and insecure at the same time

That's exactly it. I enjoy some of her music but as a person she's hard to like.

41 minutes ago, BANKS said:

well even throughout the era she was in a vicious cycle of, “idgaf, i’m such an internet troll, i love making people mad, i’m the best at everything” one moment - and then literally crying on instagram and talking about, “my mental health and i’m taking a social media break” the next. 

love her so much, but she’s losing it personality wise. i only pay attention to the music these days because she’s become arrogant and ego-driven. not sure what’s going on and i hope things turn around for her. 

she’s been that way for many years now 

it did get worse but she was always sarcastic and superficial, over time she worked out how to make it her ~online persona~

i hope she can find peace but i don’t see it happening for many years

wasn’t Charli having a Twitter meltdown when someone called her mother and she thought they were calling her old? :deadbanana2:

like i said, loser vibes :rip:

• Haha 1

Both are so annoying and make basic music. But anyway siding with Charli XCX on this one because Rina does anything for headlines.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

5 hours ago, _love_pop_girls_ said:

Rina sucks and has an unlistenable, annoying voice. Charli on the other hand is amazing and can actually make good music.

the irony when Rina actually has an amazing voice while Charli needs heavy production to sound decent :deadbanana2:

Edited by Sabrina Carpenter
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

asian on asian crime fighting over white d****, both have recently mid off but... rina is less insufferable, yes she started it but charli is unnecessarily overreacting and smell like a stunt coming off from her.

9 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

throw them in the ring. last main flop pop girly standing wins!

Charli wouldn't stand a chance I fear :nicole:

john-wick-4-donnie-yen.gif

• Like 1

First Roisin, now Charli, is this a Question for the Culture curse for the UK indie/alt girls? :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

Not at all surprising if Rina's gonna be cussing out her boyfriend's bandmate on stage like Glastonbury :michael:

I like Rina but for a while now her, idk quite how to say this, she's seemed a little less sincere and a little more... ambitious I guess? HTG had bops but, as lots of people noted, it was a pretty safe album. It took a while for me to figure it out but then I realised that it gave me taylor swift vibes. Not so much in terms of the music itself (idk any ts music besides like three or four of her biggest hits) but in that it seemed like a calculated attempt to reach a much broader, less alt pop audience.

Her calling out MH at Glastonbury also struck me as a pretty distasteful publicity stunt. We don't know what your average music label exec gets up to but guaranteed it's worse than whatever MH is doing/has done. But nobody cares about avg label execs. People do care about MH and her calling him out about masters specifically was obviously just her trying to have a TS 2.0 moment by capitalising on his controversies.

Idk maybe it's genuine. But it all seems too convenient. Also Beg 4 U was the worst song on Crash so :cm:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

I think Crash era went to Charli's head. She was at that UK award show talking about "women did their part...we released albums this year" but stays attacking her fellow female artists. She's a hypocritical egostical weirdo these days. Crash was NOT really the tea, especially for her standards. Back to the drawing board Miss XCX.

But iirc this was in reference to the fact that no women were nominated for artist of the year and the brit's excuse was that not enough women had released albums that year and she was just calling bs on that.

She is being weird these days but I do think women should be able to express feminist views without their personal lives being brought into it. Also idk of any other fellow female artists she's attacked recently but I also haven't been paying attention so :sats:

44 minutes ago, fromily said:

Not at all surprising if Rina's gonna be cussing out her boyfriend's bandmate on stage like Glastonbury :michael:

I like Rina but for a while now her, idk quite how to say this, she's seemed a little less sincere and a little more... ambitious I guess? HTG had bops but, as lots of people noted, it was a pretty safe album. It took a while for me to figure it out but then I realised that it gave me taylor swift vibes. Not so much in terms of the music itself (idk any ts music besides like three or four of her biggest hits) but in that it seemed like a calculated attempt to reach a much broader, less alt pop audience.

Her calling out MH at Glastonbury also struck me as a pretty distasteful publicity stunt. We don't know what your average music label exec gets up to but guaranteed it's worse than whatever MH is doing/has done. But nobody cares about avg label execs. People do care about MH and her calling him out about masters specifically was obviously just her trying to have a TS 2.0 moment by capitalising on his controversies.

Idk maybe it's genuine. But it all seems too convenient. Also Beg 4 U was the worst song on Crash so :cm:

even with everything that you mentioned, considering what we've heard and know about the Chocolate chanteurs, it's very likely that rina is the victim and charli is siding with racists and whatnot so...

I need Marina to make Radioactive 2.0 aka her best song EVERRRRRRR and add Rina Sawayama on the song :WAP: :WAP:

• Like 2

all these think pieces and we don't even know what this is about :rip: rina called out matty weeks ago and they only unfollowed each other last night. 

7 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

even with everything that you mentioned, considering what we've heard and know about the Chocolate chanteurs, it's very likely that rina is the victim and charli is siding with racists and whatnot so...

idk anything about the 1975 except that they're mid and problematic so I was a bit confused by the 'chocolate chanteuses' but eventually big brained my way over to google so i get it now :toofunny3: IA that it's messy for charli to date a guy in a band whose frontman has done racist sht (not aware of anything bad about the bf specifically, besides obvs tolerance of frontman) but from what I know I just don't think that Rina's situation is actually all that bad by industry standards.

Charli's been around a lot longer and is also mixed race (although now obvs white passing) and has seen a lot of industry sht go down. I'm sure that's at least partially informed her stance on the issue but it could well be that she's boy crazy and making bad choices. Or maybe her and rina were never that close in the first place? Kind of hoping we never know because the alternative will just be a social media notes app post bloodbath :skull: 

i’m team charli cause rina’s music is awful :rip:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 10

now I know how kids whose parents divorced feel like  :chick3:

• Like 2

Rina has been an annoying little SJW brat lately on stage and focusing on dumb **** when she should maybe be focusing on her music and delivering a good album after that Sawayama reject compilation album.

Matty said dumb **** but he is a not a racist/misogynist he has a very dark sense of humor which is not everyones cup of tea. Why can't everyone leave small fry alone and focus on people who are ACTUALLY racist and misogynistic and hurt people on the daily? Ya'll have too much time on your hands and Rina also needs to just do her right now and not let it destroy herself & her relationships with others.

Edited by Black Sunflower
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 22

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.