Taylor Swift become first Female artist to surpass 100m monthly listener on Spotify

FolkLover1989

Just now, byzantium said:

Don't bother.  Some people refuse to engage with facts when it counters the narrative they have made up in their head. 

:rofl:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aethereal

• byzantium

• Klein

• Michael196

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, byzantium said:

Don't bother.  Some people refuse to engage with facts when it counters the narrative they have made up in their head. 

Chartmasters cannot have 100% exactly accurate numbers since they do not have access to the DATA. I think Taylor's overall CSPC is getting an extra 15M album units from streams. (using strictly 1500 streams = 1 album unit without taking into account the revenue)  That would put her her at around 140M units overall but she will never pass Madonna in either sales, units or impact. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

2 hours ago, Aristotle said:

Chartmasters cannot have 100% exactly accurate numbers since they do not have access to the DATA. I think Taylor's overall CSPC is getting an extra 15M album units from streams. (using strictly 1500 streams = 1 album unit without taking into account the revenue)  That would put her her at around 140M units overall but she will never pass Madonna in either sales, units or impact. 

And those 15M comes from where exactly? A gut feeling? 

Edited by Klein
  • Like 2

Just now, Klein said:

And those 15M comes from where exactly? A gut feeling? 

Taylor has nearly 10M EXTRA albums units from her digital sales in Chartmasters. (this applies to other artists too especially Rihanna and Katy)

So probably a minimum 15m albums units inflated from streaming as a safe assumption which is only 20% of 75M streaming album units.

Rihanna also has a great chunk of her streaming album units inflated but she has less overall streams than Taylor so less inflation. 

This formula is putting acts like Mariah and Madonna in a disadvantage because they are not strong digital single sellers and streaming forces.

And even if hypothetically CM numbers are completely to be trusted, the 1500 streams=1 album unit has a lot of flaws in many markets but I don't want to get into that.

3 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

Taylor has nearly 10M EXTRA albums units from her digital sales in Chartmasters. (this applies to other artists too especially Rihanna and Katy)

So probably a minimum 15m albums units inflated from streaming as a safe assumption which is only 20% of 75M streaming album units.

Rihanna also has a great chunk of her streaming album units inflated but she has less overall streams than Taylor so less inflation. 

This formula is putting acts like Mariah and Madonna in a disadvantage because they are not strong digital single sellers and streaming forces.

And even if hypothetically CM numbers are completely to be trusted, the 1500 streams=1 album unit has a lot of flaws in many markets but I don't want to get into that.

Ok then where is the 10M extra units coming from? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Klein said:

Ok then where is the 10M extra units coming from? 

I stand corrected it is around 8M extra units from digital sales. (this is including some free downloads but they wont make a big difference anyways)

For streaming it was mainly an assumption. For digital sales:

56M studio album sales

10.3M "other" album units

110K album units form physical sales

16.2M album units from digital sales (162 million)

76M album units from streaming

Which is around 158.5M compared to 166.6M in CM figure.

Gives 8 million album units less than CM, because CM divides the single sales with a number smaller than 10. 

800px-US_album_equivalent_unit.png

Edited by Aristotle

28 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

I stand corrected it is around 8M extra units from digital sales. (this is including some free downloads but they wont make a big difference anyways)

For streaming it was mainly an assumption. For digital sales:

56M studio album sales

10.3M "other" album units

110K album units form physical sales

16.2M album units from digital sales (162 million)

76M album units from streaming

Which is around 158.5M compared to 166.6M in CM figure.

Gives 8 million album units less than CM, because CM divides the single sales with a smaller number than 10 

800px-US_album_equivalent_unit.png

Ok the digital single sales inflation I understand and agree because it's based on factual data. CM just has a different methodology but I can see why you consider that "inflation" compared to the Billboard methodology that is 1-10 vs 1.5-10 for CM. 

My problem was on the streaming inflation you mentioned because it was based on no facts whatsoever. 

Edited by Klein
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Klein said:

Ok the digital single sales inflation I understand and agree because it's based on factual data. CM just has a different methodology but I can see why you consider that "inflation" compared to the Billboard methodology that is 1-10 vs 1.5-10 for CM. 

My problem was on the streaming inflation you mentioned because it was based on no facts whatsoever. 

Based on what facts do you know that CM data on Apple Music, Amazon, Deezer etc. is accurate?

4 hours ago, Aristotle said:

Based on what facts do you know that CM data on Apple Music, Amazon, Deezer etc. is accurate?

Based on the numbers that were given to you in the last page and that you choose to doubt and ignore somehow. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

Glad a Woman did this first. Congrats to Miss Taylor :clap3:

The Weeknd did it first I think, she's just the first woman to do so

OT: how did this get to 100+ replies help

Congrats Tay. :clap3:

On 8/29/2023 at 6:51 PM, vale9001 said:

And she didn't need the weeknd, justin bieber,  calvin harris, eminem, kendrick or drake for that :clap3:

She has a collaboration with Kendrick and Bon Iver. Those artists are outside of her genre and thus bring her some new listeners. She also has a 1B with Zayn and one or two Ed's songs. It's just as good as other women collaborating with male artists. 

That's just seem like an argument to downplay and be bitter about other female artists. 

Edited by BnPac

On 8/30/2023 at 1:54 AM, Lille said:

The way every Taylor-related thread gets infested with Rihanna stans, followed by comments about Rihanna being a billionaire. F***ing clockwork.

Y'all getting some dividends when Fenty goes public?

Exactly what i was thinking. Rihanna stans are OBSESSED with Taylor on this site, it's insane. Especially when they say sh*t like "music no one will remember in a few years" about TAYLOR SWIFT of all people :bibliahh:

And to see them brag about Rihanna's money constantly is so sad to see, imagine stanning an artist for their MONEY :rip:

At least Taylor is making her money being a REAL musician and caring about her craft, compared to that other girl and her songwriting camps who can't even be bothered to release music anymore. We Swifties are being FED, which is what a real artist is supposed to do to their fanbase.

21 hours ago, Aristotle said:

Chartmasters cannot have 100% exactly accurate numbers since they do not have access to the DATA. I think Taylor's overall CSPC is getting an extra 15M album units from streams. (using strictly 1500 streams = 1 album unit without taking into account the revenue)  That would put her her at around 140M units overall but she will never pass Madonna in either sales, units or impact

And theeeeere we go. Nice try acting as if you were talking "facts" about Chartsmasters and stuff when you're just a typical OTH trolling for the sake of it. Well keep seething, it's fun to watch :fan2:

1 hour ago, BnPac said:

She has a collaboration with Kendrick and Bon Iver. Those artists are outside of her genre and thus bring her some new listeners. She also has a 1B with Zayn and one or two Ed's songs. It's just as good as other women collaborating with male artists. 

That's just seem like an argument to downplay and be bitter about other female artists. 

Those collabs are some of her less streamed songs, they're NOT the reason she accomplished this. Taylor accomplished this with songs where she's the solo artist.

10 hours ago, Klein said:

Based on the numbers that were given to you in the last page and that you choose to doubt and ignore somehow. 

I repeat CM does not have access to Apple Music and many streaming platforms numbers, how do you know his numbers are accurate?

Edited by Aristotle

54 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Those collabs are some of her less streamed songs, they're NOT the reason she accomplished this. Taylor accomplished this with songs where she's the solo artist.

Ok. Your comment has nothing to do with mine. 

8 hours ago, Enrique523 said:

Exactly what i was thinking. Rihanna stans are OBSESSED with Taylor on this site, it's insane. Especially when they say sh*t like "music no one will remember in a few years" about TAYLOR SWIFT of all people :bibliahh:

And to see them brag about Rihanna's money constantly is so sad to see, imagine stanning an artist for their MONEY :rip:

At least Taylor is making her money being a REAL musician and caring about her craft, compared to that other girl and her songwriting camps who can't even be bothered to release music anymore. We Swifties are being FED, which is what a real artist is supposed to do to their fanbase.

That's hilarious considering Taylor is super greedy and you guys are very invested into how much money she makes on tour. Rihanna stans are not obsessed with her, it's just that I got folks riled up on page 1 when I mentioned that she had released X albums in X years, because OP implied that her streaming success was... effortless.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e470tqxdi5kzozyeo16qbvgrgf3ps7m5e6k2uckvsyd&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.