Britney vs. Shakira. Who is more relevant in 2023?

Beyonnaise

116 members have voted

1. 1. Relevance.

• Britney J. Spears
    • Shakira I.M. Ripoll

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• Erreur2 La Nature

• Beyonnaise

• Virgos Groove

There hasn’t been a year since Britney Spears debuted where she’s been less relevant than Shakira. And there never will be.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 12

3 minutes ago, reputaoty said:

shakira sweetie im so sorry

I’m also sorry that her career is so bombing. Maybe help her out by buying those albums or something.

• Thumbs Down 10

Shakira just gave Karol G and Bizarrap Top 10 hits this year and is still charting with Spanish language material. 

Britney's collab with will.i.am. didn't make any noise despite overwhelming support for her after she finally got her freedom.

That says everything you need to know right there. 

• Like 2

Shakira easily, Britney is bombing as usual 

14 hours ago, Eternium said:

There hasn’t been a year since Britney Spears debuted where she’s been less relevant than Shakira. And there never will be.

14 hours ago, Eternium said:

I’m also sorry that her career is so bombing. Maybe help her out by buying those albums or something.

The delusion. :rip: Shakira literally has the #1 and #2 most watched videos of 2023. 

https://kworb.net/youtube/topvideos2023.html

She scored two Billboard Hot 100 top 10s just this year. :heart: She also has the most  video streams of all time among female artists with 26 billion streams. TQG topped Billboard’s Global Songs Chart just a few months ago. :rip:

https://kworb.net/youtube/archive.html

Pretending that Shakira is “bombing” when she’s casually scoring hits is a weird and ugly take. :ahh:

Edited by vuelve88
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think they have a similar relevance tbh. They’re both female pop stars who debuted in the 90s whose personal lives have attracted media attention in recent years.  Shakira has the upper hand musically though while Britney has the bigger media presence.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vuelve88 said:

The delusion. :rip: Shakira literally has the #1 and #2 most watched videos of 2023. 

https://kworb.net/youtube/topvideos2023.html

She scored two Billboard Hot 100 top 10s just this year. :heart: She also has the most  video streams of all time among female artists with 26 billion streams. TQG topped Billboard’s Global Songs Chart just a few months ago. :rip:

https://kworb.net/youtube/archive.html

Pretending that Shakira is “bombing” when she’s casually scoring hits is a weird and ugly take. :ahh:

Right? The way Shakira has been DESTROYING Youtube views for years now eclipses anything Britney has done for over 15 years. 

Isn’t Shakira releasing new music constantly with musical videos ???

also attending major award shows, doing photo shoots, interviews ?

Britney is retired since 2016,2018? She is just living her life. What do you expect? We can compare them when Britney comebacks with a new album.

1 hour ago, Xtianlofbritney said:

Isn’t Shakira releasing new music constantly with musical videos ???

also attending major award shows, doing photo shoots, interviews ?

Britney is retired since 2016,2018? She is just living her life. What do you expect? We can compare them when Britney comebacks with a new album.

Glory was reissued twice in 2020. The standard edition was reissued first, and was surprise released on May 29 via music streaming services.
-------

"Hold Me Closer" is a song recorded by English singer Elton John and American singer Britney Spears. It was released as a single on 26 August 2022, through EMI.

-----

Once Upon a One More Time is a jukebox musical based on songs popularized by Britney Spears. Set in a fantasy storybook realm, the plot follows numerous fairy-tale characters transformed by a feminist awakening.[1][2] Following a 2021 tryout in Washington, D.C., the Broadway production opened at the Marquis Theatre on June 22, 2023.

------

"Mind Your Business" is a song by American recording artists http://will.i.am and Britney Spears, released through Epic Records on July 21, 2023.

----

Britney Spears is ready to tell her story at last. The pop icon will release her much-anticipated memoir, The Woman in Me, on Oct. 24, PEOPLE can exclusively reveal.

• Like 2

Shakira has been more relevant than Britney every single year since 2012.

18 hours ago, Eternium said:

I swear, you have to be THE most delusional Britney stan on this site and that's saying a lot :rip:

• Haha 3

I would say it depends on who you ask. If you ask a person that associates personal life drama with actual fame and relevancy they would say Britney but if you ask anyone else they would tell you that Britney deserves to be free but hasn't been exactly relevant in a years. 

• Thumbs Down 1

You're really shameless :lmao:

I love Shakira more than Britney but this comparison has no sense.

Britney didnt have a chance to live to her full potential. The late years of her career were forced and she had too much trauma :giraffe:
In a whole where Britney breakdown didnt happen and she dint hurt her knee. She would probably be as big as Beyonce.
Britney has showed of how her artistic investment gives great albums :  In The Zone-Glory. 

23 hours ago, blueberries said:

Britney on TMZ

Shakira everywhere else

the fact that this applies to 2006 onward :deadbanana4:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Google Trends worldwide data from 2010 until today. :heart:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2010-01-01 2023-08-13&q=Shakira,Britney Spears&hl=en

Instagram following: 
• Shakira: 88.3 Million

• Britney: 42.1 Million 

Facebook following: 

• Shakira: 124 Million

• Britney: 41 Million

Twitter following:

• Shakira: 53.7 Million

• Britney Spears: 55.1 Million 

TikTok following:

• Shakira: 37.7 Million and 245.9 Million Likes

• Britney: 7.8 Million and 41.4 Million Likes 

:gaycat: 

Edited by vuelve88
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vuelve88 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Google Trends worldwide data from 2010 until today. :heart:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2010-01-01 2023-08-13&q=Shakira,Britney Spears&hl=en

Instagram following: 
• Shakira: 88.3 Million

• Britney: 42.1 Million 

Facebook following: 

• Shakira: 124 Million

• Britney: 41 Million

Twitter following:

• Shakira: 53.7 Million

• Britney Spears: 55.1 Million 

TikTok following:

• Shakira: 37.7 Million and 245.9 Million Likes

• Britney: 7.8 Million and 41.4 Million Likes 

:gaycat: 

Shakira :clap3:

What about their total Youtube views? :gaycat4:

9 hours ago, SharonStone said:

Glory was reissued twice in 2020. The standard edition was reissued first, and was surprise released on May 29 via music streaming services.
-------

"Hold Me Closer" is a song recorded by English singer Elton John and American singer Britney Spears. It was released as a single on 26 August 2022, through EMI.

-----

Once Upon a One More Time is a jukebox musical based on songs popularized by Britney Spears. Set in a fantasy storybook realm, the plot follows numerous fairy-tale characters transformed by a feminist awakening.[1][2] Following a 2021 tryout in Washington, D.C., the Broadway production opened at the Marquis Theatre on June 22, 2023.

------

"Mind Your Business" is a song by American recording artists http://will.i.am and Britney Spears, released through Epic Records on July 21, 2023.

----

Britney Spears is ready to tell her story at last. The pop icon will release her much-anticipated memoir, The Woman in Me, on Oct. 24, PEOPLE can exclusively reveal.

:rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.