• Taylor fanboy

2 hours ago, CovalentBondage said:

I mean it's not like yall are stanning for the quality

CovalentBondage

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Coming for 1M+ sales debut just from pre-orders alone :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Raspberries said:

Red is her critical crown jewel and 1989 is her commercial crown jewel. They are 2 albums that are beloved by large groups of people. The GP doesn't use reputation like that

Actually, they kind of do. You guys need to realize that Reputation is nowhere near as hated in real life as you think it is. It's been doing around 7M daily streams for MONTHS now. Just because an annoying vocal minority hate that album online doesn't mean everyone feel the same :coffee2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

Wow this is INSANE. Literally doing more than every pop girl’s NEW albums :WAP: Her power is honestly scary. She has to be so careful with everything she says bc she knows the swifties will do ANYTHING for her. I’m so glad I get to witness this in real time instead of history in 50 years.

6 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Actually, they kind of do. You guys need to realize that Reputation is nowhere near as hated in real life as you think it is. It's been doing around 7M daily streams for MONTHS now. Just because an annoying vocal minority hate that album online doesn't mean everyone feel the same :coffee2:

went to a swiftie meet up a few weeks ago and many said rep was their favorite era (not album tho) and i've seen so many people online say that reputation was their favorite part from the eras tour :cm:

1 hour ago, Lorenzo22 said:

went to a swiftie meet up a few weeks ago and many said rep was their favorite era (not album tho) and i've seen so many people online say that reputation was their favorite part from the eras tour :cm:

Not a surprise honestly. It's kind of scary that some Swifties hate that album so much that they WANT it to fail :biblio:

And as i said, they're just a vocal minority but they want to gaslight you into thinking otherwise.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Juanny said:

I at least speak for myself when I say, I actually wish she was a bit less popular. That way I could go and see her live... we stan for the decades of music that we grew up with and was the soundtracks to some of our tough times such as breakups and the pandemic.

Maybe it's not music for you, which I can respect, but lots of us actually have a deep connection to her music since the Fearless era in 2008 and are not "success stans". (:

I was just tossing some light shade. Clearly people can't handle. Like she is so beyond successful there's no need to feel insecure. I do understand my taste is not gonna match everyone for sure. I'm happy for y'all. 

I will say that I am confused in the level of success she has achieved. Maybe I'm out of touch but she is probably the biggest artist we've seen in terms of numbers. Like no one in history has had 6 shows in Toronto the way she is doing. My question is does her output as an artist match this level of success. I've listened to her music and I just don't understand how she is so huge. Like it's pretty unprecedented what's she's achieved. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CovalentBondage said:

I mean it's not like yall are stanning for the quality

we have the quality and the numbers

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Yes, it really does. I know y’all like to call her basic or bland but what y’all fail to realize is what she actually is is -relatable.- and not in the bad way y’all try to downplay other artists for. In the way that nearly every human being on this planet no matter their age, race, cultural background, etc. could find a song in her discography that explains an emotion they’ve experienced in both a vividly detailed yet broadly familiar way.

She uses a lot of sensory details in her music — sights, sounds, smells — and a lot of references to time, dates, seasons, etc. And those are key facets to the human experience. Memories are some of the most powerful components of the human psyche, feelings as well, and Taylor combines memories with feelings in a way a lot of other artists don’t do. Most pop artists tend to write about the here and the now — “I’m going out dancing, let’s live it up, this is the summer of our lives” type **** (those obviously aren’t real lyrics, just generic platitudes) but Taylor, outside of the few commercial singles meant to have generic mass appeal, has album cuts with experiences that everyone can relate to: growing up and moving out, falling in love, experiencing a first heartbreak, appreciation for your mother, feeling alone and trying to find your place in this world, self esteem, etc.

it’s not that other artists don’t write about experiences like this — they all have songs and albums tied to their personal lives — but Taylor has a masterful balance of writing specifically about her own experiences while also having lyrics that are applicable to many, many different people.

Most importantly though, in my mind, on top of everything else: some artists are good at writing “basic” pop songs (Katy Perry, for example) and some are great at writing introspective, “deep” music (Lana del Rey, for example) but Taylor is one of the VERY few who can combine both. Someone with both a 1989 and a folklore in their discography is basically unheard of. In what world could Fiona Apple ever release a Good Girl Gone Bad? In what world could Ariana Grande ever release a Hounds of Love? Taylor is the first woman since like, Madonna capable of walking that fine line between commercial appeal and artistic growth. 

Thank you :clap3:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Yes, it really does. I know y’all like to call her basic or bland but what y’all fail to realize is what she actually is is -relatable.- and not in the bad way y’all try to downplay other artists for. In the way that nearly every human being on this planet no matter their age, race, cultural background, etc. could find a song in her discography that explains an emotion they’ve experienced in both a vividly detailed yet broadly familiar way.

She uses a lot of sensory details in her music — sights, sounds, smells — and a lot of references to time, dates, seasons, etc. And those are key facets to the human experience. Memories are some of the most powerful components of the human psyche, feelings as well, and Taylor combines memories with feelings in a way a lot of other artists don’t do. Most pop artists tend to write about the here and the now — “I’m going out dancing, let’s live it up, this is the summer of our lives” type **** (those obviously aren’t real lyrics, just generic platitudes) but Taylor, outside of the few commercial singles meant to have generic mass appeal, has album cuts with experiences that everyone can relate to: growing up and moving out, falling in love, experiencing a first heartbreak, appreciation for your mother, feeling alone and trying to find your place in this world, self esteem, etc.

it’s not that other artists don’t write about experiences like this — they all have songs and albums tied to their personal lives — but Taylor has a masterful balance of writing specifically about her own experiences while also having lyrics that are applicable to many, many different people.

Most importantly though, in my mind, on top of everything else: some artists are good at writing “basic” pop songs (Katy Perry, for example) and some are great at writing introspective, “deep” music (Lana del Rey, for example) but Taylor is one of the VERY few who can combine both. Someone with both a 1989 and a folklore in their discography is basically unheard of. In what world could Fiona Apple ever release a Good Girl Gone Bad? In what world could Ariana Grande ever release a Hounds of Love? Taylor is the first woman since like, Madonna capable of walking that fine line between commercial appeal and artistic growth. 

Amazing, couldn't have said it better :clap3:

OTHs really need to read your post and maybe they'll start to understand why Taylor is destroying everyone else right now. And no, it's not because she's "basic" and "white". If that was the case then every single white girl would be slaying the charts and that's clearly not the case.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Most importantly though, in my mind, on top of everything else: some artists are good at writing “basic” pop songs (Katy Perry, for example) and some are great at writing introspective, “deep” music (Lana del Rey, for example) but Taylor is one of the VERY few who can combine both. Someone with both a 1989 and a folklore in their discography is basically unheard of *with Madonna being a notable exception, the first of this hybrid kind. Fittingly so, that they are two of the biggest women in music history.

But seriously think about it. In what world could Fiona Apple ever release a Good Girl Gone Bad? In what world could Ariana Grande ever release a Hounds of Love? Taylor is the first woman since Madonna capable of walking that fine line between commercial appeal and artistic growth. 

Amazing post. Perfectly said :clap3:

• Like 1

What if I told you I think TS11 is going to do incredibly MASSIVE numbers, and by massive numbers I mean unheard-of numbers in the last 7 years. perhaps a 2-3M debut 

She’s (sadly) the last standing pop girl around. Still releasing successful music and tours. Bravo to her, not a fan but i’m impressed.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Amazing, couldn't have said it better :clap3:

OTHs really need to read your post and maybe they'll start to understand why Taylor is destroying everyone else right now. And no, it's not because she's "basic" and "white". If that was the case then every single white girl would be slaying the charts and that's clearly not the case.

As if they would read. Most they would say is "grll i ain't reading all that, it ain't that serious" when they're the ones that started a discussion in the first place :rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

I will say that I am confused in the level of success she has achieved. Maybe I'm out of touch but she is probably the biggest artist we've seen in terms of numbers. Like no one in history has had 6 shows in Toronto the way she is doing. My question is does her output as an artist match this level of success. I've listened to her music and I just don't understand how she is so huge. Like it's pretty unprecedented what's she's achieved. 

This is an extreme oversimplification, but Taylor’s success isn’t because her music is “good”; it’s because her music is universal. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

What if I told you I think TS11 is going to do incredibly MASSIVE numbers, and by massive numbers I mean unheard-of numbers in the last 7 years. perhaps a 2-3M debut 

Oh it's absolutely possible. She did above 1.5M for Midnights and that was BEFORE the phenomenon that is the Eras Tour. Add to that the massive success 1989 TV alone will have and yeah, TS11 will have astronomical numbers, it'll be her most anticipated album EVER. And all that nearly 20 years into her career :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Starchild said:

As if they would read. Most they would say is "grll i ain't reading all that, it ain't that serious" when they're the ones that started a discussion in the first place :rip:

Oh yeah, for sure. OTHs are some of the dumbest people i've ever seen online and i'm not even saying that because i'm a Swiftie. I'm saying that because their arguments NEVER make any sense and they just keep repeating the same talking points that have been debunked countless times. They're not interested in learning anything, they just want to hate her for the sake of it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

DRAG THEM!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.