STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

1989 TV: 600k preorders so far

Squall

1 hour ago, Walk_Away21 said:

DRAG THEM!

I'm just getting sick and tired of Reputation haters imposing their views on everyone and acting as if they're representative of everyone else :rip:

It's fine to not like the album but the way people who love Reputation are getting shamed for it need to stop :rip:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stallo

• Enrique523

• Klein

• Taylor fanboy

10 minutes ago, Goaty said:

is an extreme oversimplification, but Taylor’s success isn’t because her music is “good”; it’s because her music is universal. 

I don't think universal music means anything :gaycat4:

1 hour ago, CovalentBondage said:

My question is does her output as an artist match this level of success. I've listened to her music and I just don't understand how she is so huge. Like it's pretty unprecedented what's she's achieved. 

Of course, it does, lol. Your sig is literally Ariana, Nicki Minaj, Dua Lipa, Rihanna :deadbanana2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Yes, it really does. I know y’all like to call her basic or bland but what y’all fail to realize is what she actually is is -relatable.- and not in the bad way y’all try to downplay other artists for. In the way that nearly every human being on this planet no matter their age, race, cultural background, etc. could find a song in her discography that explains an emotion they’ve experienced in both a vividly detailed yet broadly familiar way.

She uses a lot of sensory details in her music — sights, sounds, smells — and a lot of references to time, dates, seasons, etc. And those are key facets to the human experience. Memories are some of the most powerful components of the human psyche, feelings as well, and Taylor combines memories with feelings in a way a lot of other artists don’t do. Most pop artists tend to write about the here and the now — “I’m going out dancing, let’s live it up, this is the summer of our lives” type **** (those obviously aren’t real lyrics, just generic platitudes) but Taylor, outside of the few commercial singles meant to have generic mass appeal, has album cuts with experiences that everyone can relate to: growing up and moving out, falling in love, experiencing a first heartbreak, appreciation for your mother, feeling alone and trying to find your place in this world, self esteem, etc.

it’s not that other artists don’t write about experiences like this — they all have songs and albums tied to their personal lives — but Taylor has a masterful balance of writing specifically about her own experiences while also having lyrics that are applicable to many, many different people.

Most importantly though, in my mind, on top of everything else: some artists are good at writing “basic” pop songs (Katy Perry, for example) and some are great at writing introspective, “deep” music (Lana del Rey, for example) but Taylor is one of the VERY few who can combine both. Someone with both a 1989 and a folklore in their discography is basically unheard of *with Madonna being a notable exception, the first of this hybrid kind. Fittingly so, that they are two of the biggest women in music history.

But seriously think about it. In what world could Fiona Apple ever release a Good Girl Gone Bad? In what world could Ariana Grande ever release a Hounds of Love? Taylor is the first woman since Madonna capable of walking that fine line between commercial appeal and artistic growth. 

This is such a great read. Thank you :clap3:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

If you have nothing to add, maybe don't add anything. 

15 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

Of course it does :rip: there’s no need to be willfully obtuse here 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NoOneDiesFromLove said:

What the actual **** :deadbanana2: the skyfall songstress needs to count her days 

Adele your bills have been affected 

• Like 1

Where are those people now who said she's not opening 1M+ with this? They're clowning, I guess. :clown:

3 hours ago, Klein said:

The jokes write themselves

EjQnev8XYAQmtkw.thumb.jpg.ce98339e50000c

Grfgggshshsjsbsjjsjs :skull: now yall

cuttin up fr

1 hour ago, Jude said:

Where are those people now who said she's not opening 1M+ with this? They're clowning, I guess. :clown:

Yeah, she's doing 1M+ for sure.

3 hours ago, NoOneDiesFromLove said:

What the actual **** :deadbanana2: the skyfall songstress needs to count her days 

will this TV sell 50M units? :huh:

this will easily outsell Midnight's first week numbers.

:jonnycat:

We all knew this would happen
It's her biggest album for a reason 

3 hours ago, Raspberries said:

Red is her critical crown jewel and 1989 is her commercial crown jewel. They are 2 albums that are beloved by large groups of people. The GP doesn't use reputation like that

3 hours ago, vale9001 said:

All her discography is strong right now. Don't blame went viral but with the tour didn't grew up or even exploded like others.

While even you belong to me and love story are now again the global top 200 of Spotify expect for the Tik Tok Song don't blame no official singles from the album performed in the tour has ever re entered on the charts.

We have seen when Songs are already big and viral new version doesn't work that much and seems expect for don't blame me people still don't care that much about rep.

The album is getting streamed more than both Red versions, even combined. And it being the album about Joe will definitely give it a strong narrative when it drops.

5 hours ago, Vespertine said:

Swifties are going WILD after K*rlie was spotted at the show last night. Truly is the 1989 era again. No wonder sales are booming! 

Are those swifties in the room with us right now? :coffee2: Hard to see how they can do that when she doesn't even have a floor seat with all that KKKushner money.

Edited by Rep2000

littlebodybigheart

i don’t mean to be rude but the source seems to be just a random taylor swift news account on twitter. how would we know this?

4 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

1989 is coming for 25’s wig next :bibliahh:

Don’t set us up. :biblionny:

4 minutes ago, Margaux said:

this isn’t new. she always has frontloaded sales. 

If Taylor Swift has frontloaded sales, I don’t want to know what happens to other musical acts. :cooldown:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Margaux said:

this isn’t new. she always has frontloaded sales. 

no wonder lover and folklore haven't seen the top 10 since the week they released.

oh wait

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

9 hours ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

The slayage just won't end :WAP:

off topic. who is the guy in your AVI?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.