Taylor, Gaga, Bey, Rih, Adele - biggest?

Jjang

Taylor > Adele > Beyonce > Rihanna > Gaga

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• lonnie

• airplane

• #ADOU

Taylor Swift is the biggest one of them all, and the mania around d her for this past 2 years have solidified it. :clap3: 

Then it's Beyoncé (with DC) >> Rihanna >> Adele = Beyoncé solo career >> Lady Gaga.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

Adele >>> Rihanna > Beyoncé > Taylor Swift > Lady Gaga

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

We all know there's a 1 sneak in here :rip:

58 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

Yes because Bradley Cooper was the real reason Shallow went number one... and we'll discount the fact Stupid Love debuted top 5 mere months before ROM dropped. :rip:

Lady Gaga had back to back number ones for both 2019 and 2020 and both songs were on HER albums. These 'bUt iT wAsn'T sOlo" comments are tired and nonsensical.

Anyways...

1. Taylor

2. Beyonce

3. Rihanna

4. Gaga

5. Adele

Adele is such an anomaly in this case... she undoubtedly has the biggest era here but she's a bit of a one trick pony. The others are a lot more versatile and have a lot more cultural capital.

erm, yes? you’d be crazy to deny that the film association (which Bradley wrote and directed) and the exceptional $120m marketing budget didn’t aid the song’s commercial performance. 

SL debuted at #5 and then immediately left the charts. Nicki vibes. 

There’s a reason why ARTPOP, Joanne and Chromatica performed as poorly as they did. Adele had three humongous eras and one that smashed and then relatively faded quickly.  

Edited by Jjang

Define "biggest". Chart positions? Streaming numbers? Record sales? Cultural impact? Longevity? As long as we don't specify what exactly our rankings should be based on, they'll always be somewhat subjective. 

Taking all these factors into consideration, personally I'd rank them like this:

Beyoncé 

Gaga

Adele

Taylor

Rihanna*

Spoiler

*) Only because she pretty much quit music, obviously. 

Gaga does not deserve this setup. She gave us a lot of bops so I'm not sure why you want to punch her down as if she's a threat to anyone anymore.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, Jjang said:

erm, yes? you’d be crazy to deny that the film association (which Bradley wrote and directed) and the exceptional $120m marketing budget didn’t aid the song’s commercial performance. 

SL debuted at #5 and then immediately left the charts. Nicki vibes. 

There’s a reason why ARTPOP, Joanne and Chromatica performed as poorly as they did. Adele had three humongous eras and one that smashed and then relatively faded quickly.  

I just find it interesting that Gaga's most vocal detractors want so desperately to downplay her success in every venture that involves some kind of collab. Like, she had nothing to do with it. :rip:

If you think ARTPOP, Joanne and Chromatica are such embarrassing failures then why even include Gaga in this line-up? Unless you just wanted to drag her name through the mud and berate anyone that didn't put her dead last... :deadbanana4:

So transparent.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

I just find it interesting that Gaga's most vocal detractors want so desperately to downplay her success in every venture that involves some kind of collab. Like, she had nothing to do with it. :rip:

If you think ARTPOP, Joanne and Chromatica are such embarrassing failures then why even include Gaga in this line-up? Unless you just wanted to drag her name through the mud and berate anyone that didn't put her dead last... :deadbanana4:

So transparent.

I’m allowed to think Gaga finishes last in this list lol I’m definitely transparent about that. Sorry that irks you :bird:

30 is considered a flop by Adele standards and it’s bigger than those three albums combined. gives you perspective!

Taylor

Beyonce

Adele = Rihanna 

Gaga

:bird: 

Edited by Jjang

4 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Rihanna’s currently outstreaming all of them sans Taylor by a large margin even though she hasn’t released an album in nearly 8 years, any list that has her below #2 is invalid. :bird:

Then if we take into account their achievements outside of music, the conversation becomes interesting. :bird:

Yeah, no one is talking about achievements outside of music. These ladies didn't have to resort other ventures to make money, since their music careers were profitable enough. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

I’m allowed to think Gaga finishes last in this list lol I’m definitely transparent about that. Sorry that irks you :bird:

30 is considered a flop by Adele standards and it’s bigger than those three albums combined. gives you perspective! 

Let's not pretend you've not spent years on this forum parading your distain for Gaga like it's a legitimate personality trait.

Like I said, transparent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

genuinely curious if y’all really think Rihanna could surpass Taylor if Rihanna released as much as her

6 hours ago, Odeon said:

1. Gaga

2. Adele

3. Taylor

4. Rihanna

5. Beyoncé

imagine being this delusional :ahh:

anyways Taylor and Beyoncé are on top, Gaga’s obviously last and the other two are pretty much interchangeable ig (Rih has more longevity than Adele tho by doing even LESS than her :rip:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Taylucifer said:

genuinely curious if y’all really think Rihanna could surpass Taylor if Rihanna released as much as her

It’s unlikely since the average Taylor album has sold more EAS units than the average Rihanna album despite Rihanna album having more time to garner units (meaning, the gap will only continue to increase).  

• Like 1

Taylor (160M AEU and soon 2,5B $ from touring)

Beyonce (95M AEU, soon 1,5B $ from touring+DC career)

Adele (105M AEU, 250M $ from touring+Las Vegas gross)

Lady Gaga (80M AEU, 600M $ from touring)

Rihanna (110M AEU, 300M $ from touring)

It depends on what you want to value more, sales or touring. All are legends.

47 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Yeah, no one is talking about achievements outside of music. These ladies didn't have to resort other ventures to make money, since their music careers were profitable enough. 

Uh… that might’ve made sense if Gaga hadn’t launched a makeup brand and Beyoncé a clothing brand. They weren’t very successful, but they did happen. :bird:

And OP should’ve specified that this strictly about music, because in Rihanna’s case her influence in fashion and the massive success and impact of her brands have contributed to her popularity and how big of a star she is today (arguably the biggest of her peers). :bird:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Taylucifer said:

Well… genuinely curious if you think Taylor would’ve surpassed Rihanna had Taylor stopped releasing albums after "Reputation” like Rihanna did after "Anti". :bird:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Well… genuinely curious if you think Taylor would’ve surpassed Rihanna had Taylor stopped releasing albums after "Reputation” like Rihanna did after "Anti". :bird:

Her career was on a downward trajectory. i don’t think she could have afforded to go on a hiatus like Rihanna and maintained relevancy

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Taylor’s 6th album vs Rihanna’s 8th? 

it wasn’t even a hate post :priceless:

Edited by Taylucifer

1 hour ago, Peroxide said:

Let's not pretend you've not spent years on this forum parading your distain for Gaga like it's a legitimate personality trait.

Like I said, transparent.

and again - I’m open about my dislike for her so what’s the catch? I think she’s incredibly overrated.

I also think Taylor is overrated as well and I’ve been taunting her fan base for a while now but they don’t get as pressed as the liddos :rip: (ik you’re a hybrid) 

Anyway, me disliking Gaga makes her bigger than Adele? Idgi :kitty:

Edited by Jjang

The 2005-6 girls

The Legacy Act

The 2008 Girls

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.