Bonnie McKee - “Hot City”

BlackJesus

18 hours ago, ZENO said:

Still got 10 hours to go here...

Oh well, I'll wait until midnight to buy it on iTunes.

By the way, do you guys think she'll make CDs for the album? I genuinely hope so as I NEED it in a usable physical form :coffee:

I think she will. I think we will get CD's and Vinyl's.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZENO

• postergirl

• JayG

• SpaceOddity

This is a bop! :duca: I still like SLAY way more, but this is also amazing and so well done. I am so excited for her album. I need it on CD and Vinyl too.

So far everything has been good :heart2: - 

Hoping she has a Body Talk/Emotion moment with this album since she was robbed of a mainstream commercial era a decade ago. 

• Like 3

Listened through the live so you don't have to!

- she's shot a music video and it's coming out in a few weeks!

- she was worried about putting out Everything But You but she's really satisfied with it now

- there's a new album coming as well and Die Happy is on it after the re-recording, next year

- she produces her own vocals :eek:

- vinyl is confirmed and for Bombastic too, Bonnie is such a supporter of Katy :heart: she even knew Katy is releasing the boxset of her first 3 vinyl!

- American Girl is under legal discussion, she might buy masters back from Sony on that one

- Songs she's confirmed: Everything But You, Jenny's Got A Boyfriend, Don't Get Mad (Get Famous), Rewind Your Heart

- help :rip: somebody's hot secret was that he slept with a member of Nsync who isn't out :rip:  

- Merch is on the way

- Her favorites: Hot City, Everything But You, Don't Get Mad (Get Famous) and Rewind Your Heart

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

American Girl deserves to be included in an album, one of my favourite pop tracks ever.

• Like 1

What's the highest quality format we can buy at the moment? I got it on iTunes but I'd like to have it in higher quality.
I listened to this so much since it came out I realized the second verse and pre have some "clicks" (?) probably due to compression...

Edited by ZENO

As much as it would be cool for American Girl to end up on the full album, I worry that that will delay it coming out even more if she enters more legal discussions with Sony.

She should just put the album out and then rerelease it with American Girl later.

15 minutes ago, wraith said:

As much as it would be cool for American Girl to end up on the full album, I worry that that will delay it coming out even more if she enters more legal discussions with Sony.

She should just put the album out and then rerelease it with American Girl later.

I think she’s just not gonna re-record American Girl at all if she will acquire masters for that since it sounds unnecessarily costly unless she really wants to update the song.

1 hour ago, ZENO said:

What's the highest quality format we can buy at the moment? I got it on iTunes but I'd like to have it in higher quality.
I listened to this so much since it came out I realized the second verse and pre have some "clicks" (?) probably due to compression...

Buy it off Qobuz. It’s a bit expensive but you can purchase it there and download it under multiple formats like flac, wav, etc.

Not one of those fans hooking up with JC Chasez. I thought more people knew, he’s bad at hiding it. Just look at his IG follow list. 

46 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Buy it off Qobuz. It’s a bit expensive but you can purchase it there and download it under multiple formats like flac, wav, etc.

Just bought it there as well! While it indeed sounds better, I guess the problem is related to the og file at this point...

The clicks I noticed are at:

1:36 (center)

1:52 (left-side)

2:00 (left-side, very subtle)

• Like 1

This is miles better than Slay :wanda:. She needs to hurry up and announce the album. 

30 minutes ago, ZENO said:

Just bought it there as well! While it indeed sounds better, I guess the problem is related to the og file at this point...

Oh no :skull: Please don’t ruin Hot City for me, sis. I can still hear the glitch in Britney’s Alien even tho I downloaded the fixed version a long time ago. 

Gonna pretend I didn’t see this post tbh

15 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Oh no :skull: Please don’t ruin Hot City for me, sis. I can still hear the glitch in Britney’s Alien even tho I downloaded the fixed version a long time ago. 

Gonna pretend I didn’t see this post tbh

Nnnn noooo that wasn’t my intention. I’ll worship the track regardless and thank you for your help :heart2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZENO said:

Also bought it off Qobuz in Australia for $1.91 - there's also a click at 00:56.

i must be so dumb cause i dont hear any clicks

btw i'm obsessed. this is sooooo good. she just KNOWS how to make great pop music. :WAP:

Obsessed. 

I just want the album on a cool vinyl to put on repeat all dayyy

so good, the ending :jonny5: 

Edited by youresotoxic

I can’t stop listening. This song makes me feel so alive :jonny5:

• Like 2

I'd love American Girl on this but I'd also love Sleepwalker on it - probably one of my favorites she's ever released. Seeing as we don't have a release date as is, not like a delay would be soooo detrimental, especially if she can tack those two onto it.

(Worst case scenario is I just add them + Stars in Your Heart as bonus tracks, lol)

Edit: Just realized there's probably nothing stopping her from adding Sleepwalker to it. It was released back in 2013 but only on SoundCloud, and the fact she put it on streaming services in 2018 means to me she owns it. ADD IT BONNIE.

Edited by DevinWylde
  • Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.