• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZENO

• postergirl

• JayG

• SpaceOddity

One of her best tracks. I know it wasn't meant for this project but I wish she reworked Sexin' U, one of my favorite tracks of hers.

Dont understand why shes not releasing Forever 21 for the lead

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DevinWylde said:

One of her best tracks. I know it wasn't meant for this project but I wish she reworked Sexin' U, one of my favorite tracks of hers.

it was actually, it was made in these sessions, unless it was a pitch. u should ask her for it on tiktok. totally forgot about that one

• Like 1

She’s got everything nowadays’ western pop desperately needs. The way the release of this album makes me feel is surreal… The way she could truly revive the early 10s… I haven’t felt so excited about a project in years. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvqMTaItcLq/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZENO said:

She’s got everything nowadays’ western pop desperately needs. The way the release of this album makes me feel is surreal… The way she could truly revive the early 10s… I haven’t felt so excited about a project in years. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvqMTaItcLq/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

OMG. I was pretty upset with how Slay turned out, but this sounds amazing :WAP:

She somehow picked the exact perfect week to release this. SLAY’s streaming numbers randomly nosedived in the past 3 days. 

We’re ready for Hot City!!

She said in an IG comment that she's doing a show in September. I'm hoping it's the album launch or something because I NEED THE REST OF THEM, BONNIE!

5 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

OMG. I was pretty upset with how Slay turned out, but this sounds amazing :WAP:

To be completely fair, SLAY is a good track but it was never my real favorite out of the album as I've always been more into dance-y tracks.

(Imo Hot City, I Wanna F Call You, Rewind Your Heart and Electric Heaven are among the greatest dance tracks ever made).

Still, I know what it represents to her and both because of its lyrics and because of the fact it was supposed to be American Girl's follow up, so it made sense to release it as the first song from Hot City. I think what she achieved in terms of rework is impressive, she actually made me like the track more and I now look at it in a pretty emotional way.

I'm genuinely proud of what Bonnie is doing and I'll support her 100%.

Edited by ZENO

i'm just so glad this is officially hitting spotify in 3 days :jonny6:

feeling like a fever dream

I just listened to a GREAT interview guys! Go check it out! 

She shared some infos regarding the whole legal drama, confirmed that Don't Get Mad Get Famous is part of the album and said that Everything But You had a pretty extensive makeover!

58 minutes ago, ZENO said:

I just listened to a GREAT interview guys! Go check it out! 

She shared some infos regarding the whole legal drama, confirmed that Don't Get Mad Get Famous is part of the album and said that Everything But You had a pretty extensive makeover!

Pretty sure this podcast was done a while ago since she doesn't mention anything about Hot City's upcoming release. I'm always fascinated by what she has to say about the industry. This episode doesn't cover the release date of the album though. 

3 minutes ago, postergirl said:

Pretty sure this podcast was done a while ago since she doesn't mention anything about Hot City's upcoming release. I'm always fascinated by what she has to say about the industry. This episode doesn't cover the release date of the album though. 

Maybe a month ago? Cause she talks about people being able to listen to SLAY which came out on June 28.

Regarding the release date of the album she said multiple singles were , since Hot City is coming on friday and since the year is almost over, I can see an October release...

It's finally here!

Track length is 3:42.

- Intro is the same with a slight variation in the synth

- The mixing and production is top notch, especially in the bridge!

- Ending is slightly different than the demo

- Overall it's so much better than the leaked

2 minutes ago, postergirl said:

- Ending is slightly different than the demo

I'm guessing there's no fade out. I know fade outs haven't been popular in the last three decades but it'd kind of work with her 80s power pop/hair metal aesthetic haha. Nonetheless I'm not sad she changed it or anything. 

Still got 10 hours to go here...

Oh well, I'll wait until midnight to buy it on iTunes.

By the way, do you guys think she'll make CDs for the album? I genuinely hope so as I NEED it in a usable physical form :coffee:

4 minutes ago, SpaceOddity said:

I'm guessing there's no fade out. I know fade outs haven't been popular in the last three decades but it'd kind of work with her 80s power pop/hair metal aesthetic haha. Nonetheless I'm not sad she changed it or anything. 

Yeah, there's no fade. I wish she extended the outro a bit more because it kind of just ends.

Just now, postergirl said:

Yeah, there's no fade. I wish she extended the outro a bit more because it kind of just ends.

I take it it abruptly ends with the woah oh oh oh's like I imagined?

3 minutes ago, SpaceOddity said:

I take it it abruptly ends with the woah oh oh oh's like I imagined?

Yep! The guitar during the chorus is so good though. I've always loved Hot City > SLAY so I'm happy to finally have it!

Just now, postergirl said:

Yep! The guitar during the chorus is so good though. I've always loved Hot City > SLAY so I'm happy to finally have it!

I only ever knew of Slay and I Wanna Call You from back when she used to perform these years ago, I only listened to all the other Epic tracks this year and Hot City was the one I kept going back to the most. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ZENO said:

By the way, do you guys think she'll make CDs for the album? I genuinely hope so as I NEED it in a usable physical form :coffee:

She's indie, right? She might make a few thousand copies to sell through her site or something. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.