This Was Pop 2022 | Part 1 | Charli, Rina, Tove & Carly (Winner Revealed!)

greento

Next set of results coming up soon... :nicole:

Who's gonna be here??

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greento

• madonnas

• halcyonday

• CBC

Here

No pretend, no safe end, that's our plan, no circumstance

M0dYqkO.png

Tove Lo is starting off today’s reveals with “Suburbia” just cracking the top 40. The song is about Tove’s lack of a desire for marriage and children, and not wanting that cliché suburban life. Tove says about the track “People seem to have this idea about how our life is supposed to look, and if that idea doesn’t appeal to you, it makes your head spin. You’re like, ‘Is there something wrong with me?’”. She wanted the beat to feel sad and upbeat at the same time and reflect the eerie feeling you get in suburbia that everyone is hiding something. @supaspaz called the track “A fierce identity crisis” while @Ewan Chaos thought “Lyrics are a bit eh but it's a fun song.”

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - GraceRandolph

10 - creativity.

10 - Miichael

Haters (0s and 1s):

None

Suburbia? I'm SHOCKED :deadbanana4: i thought it was ATRL's favorite song on DF oh wow oh wow

Suburbia a cute Max Martin'd bop

atrl.gif

3 minutes ago, greento said:

another DF song getting the boot next :chick3:

Kick in the Head about to get KICKED

gWyAz2f.gif

I gotta get out of bed, I need a good kick, kick in the head

ENUS781.png

Straight back to Dirt Femme, we have “Kick In The Head” departing at #39. The song features a slowed down sample of “disco ****”, a song from Tove’s third studio album, BLUE LIPS. The song is an experimental banger, with a funky baseline, about feeling unmotivated and needing someone to shake you to wake up your creativity. @SLIME compared the song to the music of Britney Spears and remarked “What in the 'In the Zone.'”

Lovers (10s and 11s):

11 - @MP2K

10 - 4Real

10 - creativity.

10 - madonnas

10 - Born to Run

Haters (0s and 1s):

None

I gave Subparia a 4 but it's kinda an 8 lately

atrl.gif

1 minute ago, greento said:

Lovers (10s and 11s):

11 - @MP2K

10 - 4Real

10 - creativity.

10 - madonnas

10 - Born to Run

atrl.gif

• Haha 1

fitting placement, Suburbia should have place above it tho

atrl.gif

4 minutes ago, greento said:

I gotta get out of bed, I need a good kick, kick in the head

ENUS781.png

Straight back to Dirt Femme, we have “Kick In The Head” departing at #39. The song features a slowed down sample of “disco ****”, a song from Tove’s third studio album, BLUE LIPS. The song is an experimental banger, with a funky baseline, about feeling unmotivated and needing someone to shake you to wake up your creativity. @SLIME compared the song to the music of Britney Spears and remarked “What in the 'In the Zone.'”

Lovers (10s and 11s):

11 - @MP2K

10 - 4Real

10 - creativity.

10 - madonnas

10 - Born to Run

Haters (0s and 1s):

None

NOOO what

6 minutes ago, Psycho said:

fitting placement, Suburbia should have place above it tho

atrl.gif

i agree, suburbia is a cute little bop

Do you think about star signs? 'Cause I think I saw Jupiter dive into the black sky

csRx5Du.png

The first of Carly Rae’s bonus tracks to leave is “No Thinking Over the Weekend”. This breezy, sultry track sees Carly relaxing and escaping reality as she enjoys the weekend with her lover. The song is very feel-good and the production helps transport the listener to a tropical beach location. @supaspaz says “Even Carly’s lesser tracks have their pleasures. The full orchestral sound of this ‘70s easy-listening callback is lovely.” and @Ewan Chaos says “Now this should have replaced Go Find Yourself or Whatever on the standard. A gorgeous track that is more adventurous for Carly and utilizes some seriously great real instruments.” However, @pavi does not appreciate the subdued nature of the song: “A snoozefest, sorry, not sorry”.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - BlackoutZone

10 - Ewan Chaos

10 - 4Real

10 - madonnas

10 - Quicksand

10 - gatito

10 - SLIME

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - Matthew4815

Edited by greento

Cute lil downtempo, I skip it occasionally

atrl.gif

You feel safe in sorrow, you feel safe on an open road, go find yourself or whatever

PFsVi1H.png

Another Carly song drops out next, and it’s another slow one: “Go Find Yourself or Whatever”. While similar in sound to the last track, this one has a completely different tone. The lyrics depict a breakup where Carly struggles to move on despite knowing that she wasn’t enough for him. The song is bittersweet and explores complex emotions. Overall, it’s definitely one of the standout tracks on The Loneliest Time, for me at least. @supaspaz praises the production: “Carly and Rostam only make magic together. More, please!”. @pavi strongly relates to the song’s message “If this song had existed a few years back, I wouldn't have survived. Such a recognizable feeling, ugh :gaycat7: ”. @Ewan Chaos names it the “clear bottom 1 on the album”.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - MP2K

10 - ONOPKA

10 - CBC

10 - beomgyu

10 - pavi

10 - kimberly

10 - supaspaz

10 - Born to Run

Haters (1s and 0s):

1 - Allday

1 - Matthew4815

1 - creativity.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.