Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

I think we should have juries in the semis and all televote in the final 

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 4

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

None of the non-qualified countries would've attracted a large jury vote. Loreen I can understand, but Nemo? How is an adult dressed like a little girl with a song that isn't better than several others in the competition such a clear winner to them? There's something rotten here :rip:

I think the performance was vocally solid and had more interesting visuals compared to usual jury bait such as France and Portugal. Also this year was weak overall if we're being honest :rip:

Edited by Gwendolyn

2 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

None of the non-qualified countries would've attracted a large jury vote. Loreen I can understand, but Nemo? How is an adult dressed like a little girl with a song that isn't better than several others in the competition such a clear winner to them? There's something rotten here :rip:

Completely untrue. Belgium, Denmark, Australia would have possibly gotten decent jury scores, at least enough to drag Switzerland's score down a little 

1 minute ago, abelfenty said:

Completely untrue. Belgium, Denmark, Australia would have possibly gotten decent jury scores, at least enough to drag Switzerland's score down a little 

Switzerland got a lot of unexplainable 12s, really hard to drag it down from there. If anything, the lower-placed songs would've been dragged down further as they got more smaller points :rip:

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, the д said:

and all televote in the final 

I wonder what y'all would say if Israel won the televote with the Netherlands participating

Edited by nasa
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

On a more positive note, Cyprus and Greece once again didn't exchange 12 jury points this year

Friendship is over I guess

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Also Loreen's performance was so messy :rip: She was breathtaking last year and this year she was just....there... The Eleni/Chanel/Popular medley ate her up I fear

• Haha 7

Y'all can blame France for cracking 3 times in 20 seconds in the jury show for Switzerlands domination btw.

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

An all jury semi and an all tele final would be so interesting. Issues like Israel would likely have been eliminated in the semi, and then the public choice for the overall winner would be a bloodbath. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

On a more positive note, Cyprus and Greece once again didn't exchange 12 jury points this year

Friendship is over I guess

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

cuprus giving 8 points and receive nothing from Israel. what a loser

Just now, Fevesy said:

Y'all can blame France for cracking 3 times in 20 seconds in the jury show for Switzerlands domination btw.

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

This is true tbh :rip: I would be sooooo happy if he won but he just had to have his worst performance in the jury show... so unfortunate

annalisa. it's time to send this mega collapse to 2025 eurovision :clap3:

• Like 2

Besa telling her IG followers to vote for Slimane. Go and get him sis :clap3:

1 hour ago, LIMA said:

Guys, Im so excited Nemo won, i sent my vote from Brazil, it was the first time I watched the whole thing

I have a question

How come Olly didnt get any televotes? I dont understand the system really well, can someone explain?

To make a long story short the UK (with Spain, Germany, France and Italy) are the five countries that automatically have spots in the final and don't have to go through the semi finals. Because of that they usually have the weaker songs in the final and usually end up at the bottom. Olly was good though he didn't deserve 0

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

How is an adult dressed like a little girl

But the juries were listening to the song and watching the performance, not judging Nemo's outfit. I don't necessarily like what they were wearing either, but that's irrelevant to anything. I think they have a beautiful voice

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

it should be weighted voting like jury 70: public 30 in the semis and then 30:70 in the final (or other way round) but you get the idea of 60:40 and then 40:60

Anyway, ngl low key mad that Spanish granny flopped

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

first twink death ending Olly's carrier, now Spain tanking- ageism is real, I fear!

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

Edited by karma police

I wonder if these positive results for countries like Ireland, Germany, and Latvia will reinvigorate them to do well again next year

such an evil evil country :sosad:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Miss the live show cuz the time difference to Australia and got spoiled by the title. 😭

On 5/4/2024 at 6:17 PM, gimmelaugh said:

If you think he's gonna flop in the public vote you're lying to yourselves :emofish:

I knew from the beginning France was going to slay...some of us listen to SINGERS
natalia-barbu.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Back from the houseparty with friends. Everyone had to choose the flag they were getting painted on their faces. I chose Switzerland. Before the show they were my 5-6th favorite to win, but something was telling me I was wrong…

Edited by OnlyManInTheWorld

Posted (edited)

Both my countries giving Israel 12 points :skull: I mean I know both have a big diaspora that'd vote for israel but I cannot feel any more than embarassed. 

i was rooting for Nemo. It was obvious after their performance that it was the best allround, but I would've love for Baby Lasagna to win (forgive me for my hatred before, it was a bop).

we were borderline crying when we realised Israel wasn't gonna take it home. The contest has been saved somewhat. 

Now I just need AVROTROS to skip next year, it'd be the only good reaction to the mess the ebu has caused. I'm pretty sure there will be tough conversations between various broadcasters and the ebu. 

BYE OSTERDAHL

Edited for pronouns, I'm so sorry :'(

Edited by *Tim
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

People bitching about juries again, please

They aren't supposed to vote the same as the public, that's the whole point of having them.

If anything, they are way too influenced by the public's opinion imo

Switzerland is a very clear jury winner to me, it's a complex song, with great staging, performed brilliantly. And good for them for burying Israel.

Edited by Thin White Duke
  • Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just checked the SF results. Switzerland 4th… Netherlands smashing. Croatia benefited massively from Netherlands not competing. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.