STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

32 minutes ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

Croatia was just another Finland rehash, a typical #2 song and semi-joke entry. Imagine having Kaarja and Baby Lasagna as winners. They belong to Verka Serduchka pot.

:suburban:

Neither even come close to Verka tbh

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

21 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

People got kinda superstitious about the death slot. Because of this for years the EBU put entries there that would've tanked from any spot. It's proven once again that great entries do well from any slot in the running order and bad ones tank from anywhere. Running order only helps the borderline qualifiers.

moo.png

Serbia was borderline qualifier actually out of top 10 on odds and it qualified from 2nd position in semi

I agree with whoever said we need juries back in semis to avoid a single act getting all the juries votes

but getting rid of the juries is a terrible decision

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Komet said:

I'd take a joke act winning once in a blue moon over juries pissing in public's face every year

And what's the last ~joke act that won televote anyway? Finland and Estonia this year weren't even top 10, and they're the most jokey acts we've had in a while

what about if the points ratio was 25% jury and 75% public vote?

Because I think with no jury at all, we might get a "Cha Cha Cha" moment every year. Lol

And like you said, it could be fun every now and then, but maybe not every year

Current top 10 streaks:

7x 🇮🇹 
4x 🇺🇦
3x 🇸🇪
2x 🇮🇱
1x 🇨🇭🇭🇷🇫🇷🇮🇪🇦🇲🇵🇹

spacer.png

The REAL winner

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

So, what will the Netherlands do next year? Take it personally and withdraw, or send Joost again so he can have his revenge? :cm:

They probably won't withdraw, in case Joost is proven to be innocent I can imagine EBU giving them a free spot in the final or no participation fees.

Joost won't come back though, I imagine he is most likely very over it and got enough publicity either way.

OT: The public being salty proves that Croatia should have won, no matter who placed first. I thought sleeping on it would make me think about it in a more peaceful manner but nope, it's very much clear. :coffee2:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

Because I think with no jury at all, we might get a "Cha Cha Cha" moment every year. Lol

we might get an act that unites the whole continent in celebration of it every year? Is this supposed to be bad?

Edited by Komet

Voting opened at the start of the show last night so the songs at the start this year probably actually got a boost to their votes Vs the songs at the end, compared to previous years.

I'm sure loads of people just voted for the first song they liked rather than waiting until the end. :michael: Death slot was probably valid under the old voting system.

Italy, Greece, Spain, Georgia and Austria were robbed omg
Never watching Eurovision again! 

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, nasa said:

We need Martin to be replaced by someone NOT from a nordic country :rip: I'm sawry but if he gets replaced by another Swede, nothing will change, Eastern European countries will continue to be put in death slots etc etc

It's so impossible for an Eastern European country to succeed nowadays that it's almost laughable :skull: Croatia getting second place yesterday happened just to avoid even more backlash I fear. We need someone from Moldova in charge

Even as a Switzerlegend supporter, I still support the notion that the televote should have more sway but yeah, I think we should bring back juries into the semis next year to try that out and see winner ends up more balanced.

The discourse doesn't seem to be as bad as last year though.. let me go get google translate out and read the Croatian comments

Posted (edited)

17 of my votes went NOWHERE :deadbanana4:

I voted:

7x the UK — 0 from Ukraine and the world

5x Italy — 0 from Ukraine

5x Spain — 0 from Ukraine

2x Switzerland — 12 from Ukraine :gaynetcat2:

Edited by nasa

Western Europe has ruined the contest. 
Good luck booking more than 30 countries next year. 
:clack:

• Like 8

we might get an act that unites the whole continent in celebration of it every year? Is this supposed to be bad?

no, but I think we have quite different music tastes. raw public vote probably favors more upbeat songs. I might like a beautiful ballad winning at least sometimes

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, nasa said:

We need Martin to be replaced by someone NOT from a nordic country :rip: I'm sawry but if he gets replaced by another Swede, nothing will change, Eastern European countries will continue to be put in death slots etc etc

What do you mean?

Georgia, Slovenia, Croatia have some of the best slots this year

Edited by aadrl1

Just now, anti-***** said:

no, but I think we have quite different music tastes. raw public vote probably favors more upbeat songs. I might like a beautiful ballad winning at least sometimes

We've had beautiful ballads winning the televote before though

Posted (edited)

I'm not getting the 'bring back juries in the semis so there's no runaway jury winner' comments. 

Which of this year's NQs would've qualified with juries help, and then made a dent in Switzerland getting 22 12pts there?

Edited by Komet
  • Like 3

I'm not getting the 'bring back juries in the semis so there's no runaway jury winner' comments. 

Which of this year's NQs would've qualified with juries help, and then make a dent in Switzerland getting 22 12pts there?

Iceland me thinks

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Komet said:

Which of this year's NQs would've qualified with juries help, and then make a dent in Switzerland getting 22 12pts there?

honestly no idea but I do think it would do something

None actually, but Finland might have not qualified and everyones ears and eyes would have been saved. A win for the contest as a whole!

• Haha 2

we rundidumdum

we will rave

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I'm still shocked Finland thought Shitdowsman95 should be the follow-up to new Eurovision classic Cha x3. It's too jokey with no substance at all.

Edited by Gwendolyn

I genuine love seeing stuff like this, love when countries rally around their act :clap3:

• Like 3

Europe HATES to see a Maltese ***** thrive

tenor.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.