This Was 2022 | Beyoncé's groove

supaspaz

:rip: Midnights is so overhated. If it followed up Lover or Reputation instead of the Folkmores it would’ve had much better reception, but then again she always gets done wrong in these rates nn

1 minute ago, supaspaz said:

Yes, Harry beat Taylor in the end. Here's what's left:

MOTOMAMI
“Delirio de Grandeza”
“La Combi Versace” with Tokischa
“Despechá”

UN VERANO SIN TI
“Moscow Mule”
“Después de la Playa”
“Tití Me Preguntó”
“Ojitos Lindos” with Bomba Estéreo
“El Apagón”

HARRY’S HOUSE
“As It Was”

RENAISSANCE
“Cozy”
“Move” ft. Grace Jones and Tems
“Pure/Honey”

SOS
“Ghost In the Machine” ft. Phoebe Bridgers

These can go

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

sksksksk not mad at Taylor being out first but shocked she's out before Harry at least. Thought more people would try to sabotage As It Was (even I lowered its score even though I think it's the best on the album).

Yeah no.... I demand a recount on the grounds of homophobia, tastelessness, and rigga morris.

There's no way in hell some of those songs left are better than Midnights, and I'm not even a huuuge fan of the album.

rigged-drag.gif

27 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

B3WBdaT.png

PLASTIC OFF THE SOFA

Beyoncé briefly stops the party on Renaissance for this loving tribute to Jay-Z. Becky with the good hair and elevator squabbles now behind them, she recounts all the little things that make him a good partner – his emotional transparency, his willingness to listen when she’s had a rough day – though the sultry soul groove suggests they’re not a couple who has fallen into platonic complacency. “Plastic Off the Sofa,” a sweet metaphor for that stage deep into a relationship when you’re comfortable enough to embrace each other flaws and all, won the Grammy for Best Traditional R&B Performance.

Best bit: “It's the way you want one more kiss after you said you were leaving”

ATRL says…: @madonnas waved it off as “just not as good as the rest.”

Sometimes I hate this site 

• ATRL Moderator
10 minutes ago, Ewan Chaos said:

sksksksk not mad at Taylor being out first but shocked she's out before Harry at least. Thought more people would try to sabotage As It Was (even I lowered its score even though I think it's the best on the album).

Everyone was probably trying to be nice to AIW after sabotaging the rest of the album

Plastic off the Sofa is heavenly.

MIDnights out before Harry’s Slumhouse is kinda sending me, did the swifties just not show out?

(I say this knowing all too well that I didn’t submit scores)

28 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

MIDnights out before Harry’s Slumhouse is kinda sending me, did the swifties just not show out?

(I say this knowing all too well that I didn’t submit scores)

7 hours ago, supaspaz said:

I think they were scared off by having to listen to five non-Taylor albums

:cm:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Not Taylor missing the top 35 :rip: Truly charts not art - but Anti-Hero deserved top 10, and Karma is such a bop...

I'm still floored "Midnights" is breaking records 15+ years into her career and has an 85 on Metacritic... it's so odd because it's pretty mid imo

• Haha 1

Late Night Talking deserved to be the last Harry's House song standing not As It Was

2 hours ago, supaspaz said:

XJMkjCr.png

MAROON

Well, it’s l’over. The first album eliminated from the rate is shockingly Midnights, with this ambient tale of a New York love affair’s rise and fall its final trackstanding. Red has always symbolized the most powerful emotions for Taylor, but the shades she invokes here – burgundy, scarlet, ruby – are darker and more sedate, as her early passion withers from the neglect of long distance. “Maroon” debuted at #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 during the historic release week when the album occupied the entire top ten.

Best bit: “The rust that grew bеtween telephones/The lips I used to call home/So scarlet, it was maroon”

ATRL says…: “This song is grandiose nothingness,”  @madonnas grumbled. @byzantium shared his overall thoughts on Midnights, which he considered “a very chill yet emotionally potent record. It’s probably my second favorite overall to Motomami.”

I’m glad this is the highest scoring Midnights song but this is FAR too low :deadbanana4:

HERE goes the LAST good Bad Bunny song on the rate :michael: Sorry!

----

Shocked to see that Maroon was actually last

:dies:

I feel like there are several songs on Mid that are better

2 hours ago, supaspaz said:

Everyone was probably trying to be nice to AIW after sabotaging the rest of the album

so there Was a sabotage!

b& for 3 weeks for disrupting the rate :supaspaz:

Taylor's success has made lots of ATRLrs mad lately so I'm not surprised they made her leave on the only ranking where their opinions actually have an impact :giraffe:

• Like 1

Maroon is the best on that album so it makes sense. Just a little surprised it didn’t make it to the top 20 

I'm crying at Taylor already out. The album really wasn't very good aside from a few songs :michael:

Plastic off the sofa is not as strong as the other tracks so I'm not mad about it leaving. Honestly in a rate with this many songs, top 40 is still respectable :clap3:

Wow. Harry and Benito may have had a lot of tracks go out first but I guess they got the last laugh by outlasting Midnights.

At this point I feel like the top 10 is going to be 9 Renaissance tracks and maybe Good Days haha

oh wow... can't believe CUUuuute and Taylor were eliminated 

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, naval23 said:

but Anti-Hero deserved top 10

Maybe if this was a rate with 10 songs in it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, YellowRibbon said:

Taylor's success has made lots of ATRLrs mad lately so I'm not surprised they made her leave on the only ranking where their opinions actually have an impact :giraffe:

Such a Swiftie response to blame jealousy for everything

• Like 1

13 hours ago, supaspaz said:

B3WBdaT.png

PLASTIC OFF THE SOFA

Beyoncé briefly stops the party on Renaissance for this loving tribute to Jay-Z. Becky with the good hair and elevator squabbles now behind them, she recounts all the little things that make him a good partner – his emotional transparency, his willingness to listen when she’s had a rough day – though the sultry soul groove suggests they’re not a couple who has fallen into platonic complacency. “Plastic Off the Sofa,” a sweet metaphor for that stage deep into a relationship when you’re comfortable enough to embrace each other flaws and all, won the Grammy for Best Traditional R&B Performance.

Best bit: “It's the way you want one more kiss after you said you were leaving”

ATRL says…: @madonnas waved it off as “just not as good as the rest.”

ATRL is tasteless sometimes :biblio:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.