This Was 2022 | Beyoncé's groove

supaspaz

Not Church Girl leaving before the least played Renaissance song :gaycat6:

Shocked at Anti=Hero but it's a good 2000's Taylor song, not so great now to me.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, madonnas said:

The biggest flaw is “tig ol bitties” but like that’s not a big deal.

Da Brat culture

Sad I missed this reveal! I agree that Church Girl is overhated, it’s a fun track 

5 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

it just feels like the track and her singing are two different melodies

lol yes, Beyoncé is the queen of dissonant chords and melodies but she always seems to somehow make them work imo. However, I think Church Girl is a rare case of where she loses her footing, particularly in the first verse. She got back into step though. 

I knew Church Girl would be leaving from Rena first. It bops but the other uptempos bop harder. 

Anti-Hero is a snore. 

La Fama has such a cute melody. I like it. 

if you don't get Church Girl that means your ass is flat as a pancake

3onY.gif 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Katamari said:

wait elvis kind of looks like rosalia on the ocver of his debut album :rip: 

File:Suavemente album.jpg

we need a collab between the androgyn legend and rosalia

:deadbanana2:

18 hours ago, supaspaz said:

jv4quEw.png

SAKURA

Average score: 7.08

High score: 10 (@Soda Pop Queen, @CBC, @madonnas, @Taemira)

Low score: 1 (@jacklovesyou1)

Motomami closes on a contemplative note with this flamenco ballad, produced as though it was recorded live during a concert, where a clear-eyed Rosalía reflects on the fleeting beauty of fame through the metaphor of the “Sakura,” the Japanese cherry blossom.

Best bit: “Que si estoy en esto es para romper/Y si me rompo con esto, pues me romperé/¿Y qué?/Solo hay riesgo si hay algo que perder”

ATRL says…: “I can see what she was trying to do here, but the reverb of the live recording kinda ruined it for me,” @cockatoo said. @Ewan Chaos wasn’t sure why he disliked it, but noted “this has always been my least favorite on the album.”

Las llamas son bonitas porque no tienen orden
Y el fuego es bonito porque todo lo rompe

898XQhC.jpg

18 hours ago, supaspaz said:

lNse1dj.png

LA FAMA

ft. The Weeknd

Average score: 7.09

High score: 10 (@CBC)

Low score: 1 (@jacklovesyou1, @creativity.)

After Rosalía stepped in for a bilingual remix of “Blinding Lights” in 2020, The Weeknd returned the favor a year later on this lead single from Motomami – though Abel had to sing in Spanish. (He acquits himself rather well.) “La Fama,” a groovy bachata, was the first of many songs on the album to grapple with the emptiness and instability of fame, comparing it to a lover that you can never marry. With The Weeknd at the height of his popularity and a Director X-helmed video starring Rosalía as a murderous nightclub performer, the song became a #94 smash on the Billboard Hot 100, topping Latin radio and earning a Latin Grammy nomination for Record of the Year.

Best bit: “Es mala amante la fama, no va a quererte de verdad”

ATRL says…: “I hated this song when it came out but it suddenly hits differently,” @Katamari admitted. “The instrumental is the best part of the song tbh. The Weeknd was unneeded.” @Rev8 was also “kind of disappointed when this came out” but it “grew on me, of course.” @Ewan Chaos was “obsessed with her tacking The Weeknd, at his peak, to a single and then making him sing in Spanish.” @cockatoo thought “The Weeknd's squeaky falsetto drags this down. Shame because I really like the song other than him.”

Es mala amante la fama, no va a quererte de verdad
Es demasia'o traicionera, y como ella viene, se te va
Sabe’ que será celosa, yo nunca le confiaré
Si quiere' duerme con ella, pero nunca la vayas a casar

gretchen-gretchen-dan%C3%A7ando.gif

17 hours ago, supaspaz said:

dMCIDYz.png

COMO UN G

Average score: 7.12

High score: 10 (@305, @CBC, @State of Grace., @Virgos Groove)

Low score: 2 (@creativity., @4Real)

Like a gangster, Rosalía pledges to remain forever faithful to an unrequited love on this heartbroken piano ballad from Motomami. The ghostly layered vocals and extreme Auto-Tune of “Como un G” capture Rosalía increasingly unmoored. Never again will she fall for someone new, she howls, because she carries with her lingering feelings for a man who didn’t feel them in return.

Best bit: “No me enamoro de nadie, jura'o, como un G/Ni escribo canciones de amor, pero en esta me doblo por ti”

ATRL says…: “Overrated by the fake deep girlies, it’s true,” @madonnas sniffed.

Si no lo puedes tener, mejor déjalo ir
Qué pena cuando quieres algo pero Dios tiene otros planes pa' ti

trisha_meltdown_compilation.jpg

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, McNulty said:

Church Girl going out before BMS & Th*que is a crime

Somebody else gets it!

• ATRL Moderator

Not “Accelerate” getting this thread popping off more than the entire Bad Bunny album!

• Like 1

party, como un g, sakura, church girl and la fama leaving.... y'all did it wrong!

Also, Accelerate is a misunderstood bop

17 hours ago, kimberly said:

if you don't get Church Girl that means your ass is flat as a pancake

3onY.gif 

and the same goes for DIQUE THIQUE

spacer.png

the fake stanning of accelerate and energy :deadbanana: also wtf is thique still doing here :next:

Anyone who hates church girl just hates fun music. How can you hear” drop it like a thottie” and not start dancing? 

Church Girl being the first one to get the boot is not a shocker. I just feel it could have been much better/a signature hit given the context, but it’s not bad. 

RIP to Harry’s House 

spacer.png

As It Was rightfully still in tho. It truly is a fantastic pop song and deserves to at least be top 20. 

Edited by BGKC

It wasn't my guess for first out, but Church Girl being out first is sadly unsurprising. Of course yall hate fun! 

However, the Taylor lashing are moments most pleasing to me (especially anti hero thank god most people saw the light). Not sure what Karma is still doing in though :rip: And I swear if someone quotes me trying to insist that the bad lyrics are good because they're camp... :fish2: People have been incorrectly trying that bad = camp = good argument for so many incorrect examples for YEARS.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.