This Was 2022 | Beyoncé's groove

supaspaz

2 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

But that's how we end up with only one song getting above a 9 average.

I can't wait to see the album averages actually

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

2 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

"Music For a Sushi Restaurant" is so unfairly maligned

It's a catphish of an opener, I was ready to defend him and then he made me sit through like 5 ballads 

• ATRL Moderator

FAca3ua.png

GRAPEJUICE

Average score: 5.51

High score: 9 (@Taemira)

Low score: 1 (@a_d_22, @MP2K, @jacklovesyou1, @State of Grace.)

What starts as a sweet romance seems to morph into a cautionary tale of alcoholism, as Harry abandons an excursion to buy flowers for his love interest to drink a bottle of red wine by himself. “There’s just no getting through/The grape juice blues” he laments over a woozy bass thrum.

Best bit: “I pay for it more than I did back then”

ATRL says…: “Pretty chill bop, seems to be underrated,” @Rev8 said, though he thought it “starts off a bit strange.” @madonnas called it “so it crazy that he’s the biggest pop star on earth and his biggest album is full of songs like this that have absolutely 0 presence or personality, even the vocals are dubbed down it seems.”

• ATRL Moderator

Midnights and Harry’s house are basically as bad as each other but only one of them has stans here so this makes sense.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Supa is so patient and open minded for always managing to have a "best bit" for every song 

Ou lemme catch up.

Glad to see Vigilante **** out. That intro "Draw the cat eyes sharp enough to kill a man" is such a jumpscare :rip:

Also you've all been a bit harsh to Harold. I liked Matilda :gaycat6:

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Subomie said:

That's... crazy. Were the girls sabotaging? Did everybody suddenly become a super strict rater?

It weirdly always seems to happen with my This Was... rates. Even though theoretically there should be a bunch of very highly rated songs! 2021, 2020 and 2017 also each only had one song above a 9 average. 2018 had none. Only 2015 managed three.

so it crazy that he’s the biggest pop star on earth and his biggest album is full of songs like this that have absolutely 0 presence or personality, even the vocals are dubbed down it seems.

Thank you @madonnas :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Reverie said:

Supa is so patient and open minded for always managing to have a "best bit" for every song 

Dddddd it is very generous of me, because sometimes figuring out what to pull...

5 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

“so it crazy that he’s the biggest pop star on earth and his biggest album is full of songs like this that have absolutely 0 presence or personality, even the vocals are dubbed down it seems.”

:rip:

I kinda agree though, he makes cute background music but what is any of it actually about? Like who is Harry Styles as an artist?

I literally cant remember how any of these Harry songs go :rip: 

Grapejuice was another one of the better songs on that album imo!

• ATRL Moderator

HdLzi7X.png

LOVE OF MY LIFE

Average score: 5.52

High score: 9.5 (@Quicksand)

Low score: 1 (@a_d_22, @4Real, @madonnas)

If Harry’s House is his Laurel Canyon moment, then this closing track, in which Harry professes that his native England is the “Love of My Life,” is perhaps the closest spiritually that he comes to Joni Mitchell (hello, “California”!) – even if it sounds more like The Beatles gone electric, “A Day In the Life” by way of stadium pop.

Best bit: “I won't pretend that I've been doing everything I can/To get to know your creases and your ends/Are they the same?”

ATRL says…: “A bit like Midnights, this album gets pretty repetitive towards the end, but he chose a great song to finish on,” @cockatoo declared. @a_d_22, on the other hand, thought it was the exclamation point on a stinker. “I truly did want to like Harry’s House,” he wrote, “but that album was terrible.”

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, State of Grace. said:

I literally cant remember how any of these Harry songs go :rip: 

That's why I include the YouTube videos! So you can refresh yourself.

The way this album started getting hate as soon as ATRL turned against him :eli: yall interesting

I know that Harry can't help being British, but he should try.

Oh this is unacceptable :rip: The only way I will be happy with this rate is if Taylor is demolished by SZA and Beyonce because how can you hate this album but stan MID-nights :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, supaspaz said:

That's why I include the YouTube videos! So you can refresh yourself.

You couldnt pay me to go through that album again!

• ATRL Moderator

So that's the last of Harry for now. To confirm: half of his album was just eliminated in the first update.

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Devin said:

Time for some of those Benito tracks to get touched next.

spacer.png

Speaking of which!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.