Nashville, TN Christian School Shooting: 6+gunman dead

Espresso

12 minutes ago, Ryan said:

You got hateful elected officials trying to ban drag queens, gays and transpeople — people are no danger to children — but won’t ban the very things that MURDER our children in the form of guns. Shame on them. And shame on those who send them back into office.

there is nothing else to say other than rest in peace to those who got killed. this is preventable and avoidable, but it’s engrained into the every day life. 

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• Aethereal

• Bears01

• ClashAndBurn

RIP to those innocent souls, this is beyond sad and heartbreaking

4 minutes ago, SimpleKindofLife said:

I really wonder how the evangelicals controlling politics will sweep this under the rug

Like this basically: https://twitter.com/dc_draino/status/1640405111443800104?s=46&t=F2Kqdy7aScoPGAKFHNr8dQ

https://twitter.com/dc_draino/status/1640404456163491853?s=46&t=F2Kqdy7aScoPGAKFHNr8dQ

6 minutes ago, Queen. said:

Not the time or place right now. 

It is absolutely the time and place, considering that right-wing republicans are intentionally using non-issues like trans people and drag queens to deflect from incidents like this. They know what they are doing and it should be called out. 

This is awful and I wish things would change in this country. RIP to the victims. 

That said, from a purely zoomed out, psychological standpoint, I think it’s very interesting the shooter is a female… From what I remember, that is extremely rare for mass shootings. 

When I see this stuff, the first thing I think of is Melania Trump's infamous jacket. The American government does not care about these children. It cares about one thing: profit.

Unregistered guns are everywhere Nashville being a blue city is a redundant case like it would be in blue STATES like Colorado, Connecticut or California where other school/mass shootings have taken place. There’s always going to be an overwhelming presence of rifle obsessed citizens everywhere you go in the US. Nashville in particular is surrounded by such a breed. 

12 minutes ago, SimpleKindofLife said:

I really wonder how the evangelicals controlling politics will sweep this under the rug

They’re formulating new conspiracy theories as we speak. 

Once again, preventable. But will be deflected as usual. Pathetic

Poor souls, I hope the parents find the strength to make it through these awful times.

Hate that this doesn't come as a shock anymore. RIP to these poor angels. 

What hurts more is this is one of the state that's focused on drag queens and **** but not on the actual problems that are killing children

R.I.P. to those kids. America has a problem :biblionny: Like it’s very wrong this is basically a daily occurrence :frown: We really need more laws to restrict ownership, no outright bans but it’s way too normalized :dancehall:

Why do I have the feeling this is getting worse in the past years.

How much have you failed as a state to still not have banned guns?

This makes me sick. 

Who tf takes the life of a child who’s going to place they should feel safe. Smh so over the school shootings. 

Horrible, praying for all the families.

If only the Christian politicians had been more concerned with gun regulation legislation than banning drag queens. Maybe this will be a wake up call now but I doubt it.

30 minutes ago, Queen. said:

Not the time or place right now. 

Yes it is, BOTH things are based in TN legislation and are BOTH currently being heavily debated for upcoming election cycles.

Saying these things are not related is disingenuous because they are. At the end of the day, the choices to ban guns, queens, or limit them falls to a select group of people and so far those people have said drag queens are an immediate danger to children whereas guns and access to guns are not.

Horrible. Very odd that it was a woman acting alone, this almost never happens. RIP to the victims, can't imagine how scary it is being a parent these days

49 minutes ago, Reginald said:

But "the drag queens," are the real threat to schools, you guys :johnald: /s 

Came here to post this.

Super sad, RIP to the little, innocent angels. It’s sad we’ve basically become desensitized to this as a whole. 

Unfortunately, nothing will change, just as it hasn’t with the past 10000 times this happened. Truly awful. A dystopia.

This is absolutely horrible, and the fact that this happens so often is sickening. Parents should not be afraid to send their children to school. Devastating. 

Edited by 1989

34 minutes ago, Ice Cream Skies said:

This is awful and I wish things would change in this country. RIP to the victims. 

That said, from a purely zoomed out, psychological standpoint, I think it’s very interesting the shooter is a female… From what I remember, that is extremely rare for mass shootings. 

Yeah this is rare. Mass shooters are almost universally male. I hope we get a thorough explanation as to what happened, it would be scary if she was radicalized online or something (but we should wait for facts and not speculate too much).

OT: RIP to them, very sad.

Another day, another senseless shooting that the American government will bat an eyelash at. So tired of this. No resources put to use to fight this. No declaration of a mental health crisis, a gun crisis, nothing. So ******* sick of this ****! We aren’t safe anywhere! Really want to move out of this god awful country. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.