"Tainted Love" Soft Cell
"Choosey Lover (Old School/New School)" Aaliyah
"Emotion" Destiny's Child
"The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" Roberta Flack
"Valerie" Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse

yas at Kim surviving R1 :jonny5:

• ATRL Moderator

3uoJNuS.png

There was a surge of upsets in the first round of the Natalie Divsion. In fact, only two battles ended with a victory by the higher-ranked song. Congratulations to #1 "Torn" and #3 "Angel of Mine" (a victory for Monica over her rival '90s teen R&B diva Aaliyah) for surviving! Among those swept away in the unexpected tide: a double K.O. for Mariah Carey, who lost both #2 "Without You," to #15 "Valerie", and #7 "Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)," to #10 "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face"; fellow legendary voice Whitney Houston, ousted by #12 "Bette Davis Eyes"; and another top seed, #4 "Superstar," which fell to #13 "Tainted Love" in one of the closest contests.

(1) "Torn" Natalie Imbruglia def. (16) "Run" Leona Lewis [22-5] 
(9) "Always On My Mind" Pet Shop Boys def. (8) "This Woman's Work" Maxwell [19-8]
(12) "Bette Davis Eyes" Kim Carnes def. (5) "I'm Every Woman" Whitney Houston [17-10]
(13) "Tainted Love" Soft Cell def. (4) "Superstar" Jamelia [15-12]
(3) "Angel of Mine" Monica def. (14) "Choosey Lover (Old School/New School)" Aaliyah [18-9]
(11) "Emotion" Destiny's Child def. (6) "Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)" Placebo [20-7]
(10) "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" Roberta Flack def. (7) "Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)" Mariah Carey [15-12]
(15) "Valerie" Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse def. (2) "Without You" Mariah Carey [17-10]

Up next is the Sinéad Division, where the top seed is Sinéad O'Connor's beloved "Nothing Compares 2 U," the rare Prince cover that outdoes the Purple One himself. In each of the match-ups below, please pick the track that can stop those lonely tears from falling. Happy voting!

Round One: Sinéad Division

(1) "Nothing Compares 2 U" Sinéad O'Connor vs. (16) "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" Cyndi Lauper

(9) "Under the Bridge" All Saints vs. (8) "The Man Who Sold the World" Nirvana

(5) "I Feel For You" Chaka Khan vs. (12) "With a Little Help From My Friends" Joe Cocker

(13) "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" Britney Spears vs. (4) "Proud Mary" Ike and Tina Turner

(3) "You've Got the Love" Florence + The Machine vs. (14) "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" Diana Ross

(11) "If You Could Read My Mind" Stars on 54 (Amber, Ultra Naté and Jocelyn Enriquez) vs. (6) "Gloria" Laura Branigan

(7) "The Best" Tina Turner vs. (10) "Fire" The Pointer Sisters

(15) "Enter Sandman" Rina Sawayama vs. (2) "Heaven" DJ Sammy and Yanou ft. Do

VOTE

"Nothing Compares 2 U" Sinéad O'Connor vs. "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" Cyndi Lauper
"Under the Bridge" All Saints vs. "The Man Who Sold the World" Nirvana
"I Feel For You" Chaka Khan vs. "With a Little Help From My Friends" Joe Cocker
"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" Britney Spears vs. "Proud Mary" Ike and Tina Turner
"You've Got the Love" Florence + The Machine vs. "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" Diana Ross
"If You Could Read My Mind" Stars on 54 (Amber, Ultra Naté and Jocelyn Enriquez) vs. "Gloria" Laura Branigan
"The Best" Tina Turner vs. "Fire" The Pointer Sisters
"Enter Sandman" Rina Sawayama vs. "Heaven" DJ Sammy and Yanou ft. Do

• ATRL Moderator

"Nothing Compares 2 U" Sinéad O'Connor
"Under the Bridge" All Saints 
"I Feel For You" Chaka Khan 
"Proud Mary" Ike and Tina Turner
"Ain't No Mountain High Enough" Diana Ross
"If You Could Read My Mind" Stars on 54 (Amber, Ultra Naté and Jocelyn Enriquez)
"The Best" Tina Turner thank u Schitt's Creek
"Heaven" DJ Sammy and Yanou ft. Do

• ATRL Moderator

girls just wanna have fun 

TMWSTW

I feel for you 

proud Mary 

Ain’t no mountain 

Gloria 

Fire

heaven 

"Nothing Compares 2 U" Sinéad O'Connor vs. "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" Cyndi Lauper
"I Feel For You" Chaka Khan vs. "With a Little Help From My Friends" Joe Cocker
"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" Britney Spears vs. "Proud Mary" Ike and Tina Turner
"You've Got the Love" Florence + The Machine vs. "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" Diana Ross
"If You Could Read My Mind" Stars on 54 (Amber, Ultra Naté and Jocelyn Enriquez) vs. "Gloria" Laura Branigan

"You've Got the Love" Florence + The Machine vs. "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" Diana Ross
"If You Could Read My Mind" Stars on 54 (Amber, Ultra Naté and Jocelyn Enriquez) vs. "Gloria" Laura Branigan

Edited by Tusk

"Nothing Compares 2 U" Sinéad O'Connor vs. "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" Cyndi Lauper

7 minutes ago, confide in me said:

poor Mariah 

:weeps:

ikr, I can understand Against All Odds losing to Roberta Flack, but how in the world does Mariah’s version of Without You lose this early?

"Nothing Compares 2 U" Sinéad O'Connor 
"Under the Bridge" All Saints
"I Feel For You" Chaka Khan
"Proud Mary" Ike and Tina Turner
"You've Got the Love" Florence + The Machine
"Gloria" Laura Branigan
"The Best" Tina Turner
"Heaven" DJ Sammy and Yanou ft. Do

30 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

ikr, I can understand Against All Odds losing to Roberta Flack, but how in the world does Mariah’s version of Without You lose this early?

Agreed, what the hell ATRL? 

without you has everything 

"Nothing Compares 2 U" Sinéad O'Connor vs. "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" Cyndi Lauper - this is the hardest choice this round but Sinead really outdid Prince here and that is a feat of itself
"Under the Bridge" All Saints vs. "The Man Who Sold the World" Nirvana - another hard choice
"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" Britney Spears vs. "Proud Mary" Ike and Tina Turner - i nominated for this song so i have to vote for it. also i love Brit but her covers are really not her best
"You've Got the Love" Florence + The Machine vs. "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" Diana Ross - another hard choice but i also nominated Miss Ross
"If You Could Read My Mind" Stars on 54 (Amber, Ultra Naté and Jocelyn Enriquez) vs. "Gloria" Laura Branigan - ugh it really pains me to not choose Laura (may she rest in peace... but IYCRMM is my jam
"The Best" Tina Turner vs. "Fire" The Pointer Sisters - Gloria is a better choice than either of these two
"Enter Sandman" Rina Sawayama vs. "Heaven" DJ Sammy and Yanou ft. Do - they snapped here

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, pride4jc1222 said:

“Without You” is schmaltz. Good riddance!

1 minute ago, supaspaz said:

“Without You” is schmaltz. Good riddance!

and up against Valerie? yeah it was bound to happen

damn not without you already out :skull: one of my fave mariah songs, washes that ronson/amy song away

Nothing Compares 2 U
The Man Who Sold the World
With a Little Help From My Friends
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
You've Got the Love :heart2:
Gloria
The Best
Heaven

**** that all saints track felt 10 hours long :rip: the 54 song's production sounds like a ******* alarm clock or buzzing in your ears :skull: beyond annoying 

29 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

**** that all saints track felt 10 hours long :rip: the 54 song's production sounds like a ******* alarm clock or buzzing in your ears :skull: beyond annoying 

What a lack of taste.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.