Most of Beyoncé’s peers failed at matching her success, why?

Solaria

14 minutes ago, suneclipse121 said:

I think they gave up finally:deadbanana4: Poor thing was on their last hair follicle. They’re loyal to Ms. Hips. I will give them that to their credit :sistrens:

I mean, is there a point in continuing :rip:
Shakira doesnt have much of a fanbase on ATRL

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonver

• bijonse

• QueenBeyoncé

• Bobyonce

The crucifixion that took place in here. :hoetenks:

Last time I left this thread was on page 6.

:deadbanana4:

Some of you gays.

:deadbanana4:

On 3/22/2023 at 11:51 AM, Dephira said:

Talent always wins. 

P!nk, Kelly and Britney could definitely get a hit though if the right song comes along 

And Alicia and Avril too. I mean, Kate Bush just had the biggest female song in the world of last year, so there's really no counting anyone out anymore.

On 3/22/2023 at 12:15 PM, vale9001 said:

Christina is a phenomenal singer, at some point she sould just release a different kind of music but she tried for too much time to be a certain kind of mainstream popstar and in that she was just uninteresting for most people (and in comparison with her era biggest pop names)...a celine dion- adele kind of career would have been the best thing for her. Now seems like she missed the gp attention for both.

This. Her career path is such a waste. With smarter, more strategic choices she could've had the lane that Adele ended up taking. 

She’s been grindin since she was 9 and really hasn’t stopped so yeah hard work pays off. All the other girlies have taken at least 2-3 years off

16 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

And Alicia and Avril too. I mean, Kate Bush just had the biggest female song in the world of last year, so there's really no counting anyone out anymore.

This. Her career path is such a waste. With smarter, more strategic choices she could've had the lane that Adele ended up taking. 

fair but I don't think Xtina wanted that. She could've easily stuck with the B2B sounds and evolved that but she wanted to still be proactive and etc. which isn't necessarily a bad thing. 

On 3/23/2023 at 2:09 PM, Jonver said:

then beyonce has to thanks her flop to the US, flopping in her own country.

Twice a kpop Girl group is doing a Stadium tour in the US, but they never have a song in top 50.

Tours: fanbase

tell yourself otherwise, so maybe you can sleep at night.

What a failed logic lmao. 

Touring has become the main source of income for singers. Some quick lil streams won't change this indisputable fact in the grand scheme of things. 

When has Beyoncé flopped in the US? BMS went #1 for two weeks and Cuff It is still charting, moreover the album is holding up pretty well despite no promo. So in what way is she flopping? 

The way you set up your off key fave like that :bibliahh:

16 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

Why? Because her music isn't selling? I'd rather get a QUALITY album (AGUILERA - 9 Grammy nominations) which sold a pitiful number of copies than a basic and boring album which sold 10 million copies. Xtina doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. She is one of the best singers ever.

2 hours ago, Majka Jeżowska said:

Why? Because her music isn't selling? I'd rather get a QUALITY album (AGUILERA - 9 Grammy nominations) which sold a pitiful number of copies than a basic and boring album which sold 10 million copies. Xtina doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. She is one of the best singers ever.

I wish she had made career choices that helped her continue to be a hugely successful recording artist so her amazing gift could be shared with more of the world :smile:

3 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

I wish she had made career choices that helped her continue to be a hugely successful recording artist so her amazing gift could be shared with more of the world :smile:

Maybe she'll release Say Something 2.0 this decade. Who knows :gaydonnacat1: 

On 3/24/2023 at 4:44 AM, abeille said:

Beautiful Liar didn't even peak at #1 in Belgium. It literally had the same peak (#2) as Cuff It :ahh:for the love of god stop LYING 

I will remind you again that Shakira doesn't have one certification in the world's 2nd largest recording market (her stats there are literally nonexistent) and that Beyoncé vastly outperformed her in 8-9 of these markets.

Frv_f4gWcAQnpAI?format=jpg&name=medium

Beyoncé being bigger in USA, JAPAN, UK, China, SK, Canada & Australia :coffee: +NZ, South Africa, Indonesia, The Philipines and Malaysia.

On 3/24/2023 at 2:47 AM, Cotton said:

This is so wrong it's crazy. Besides Beyoncé debuting in the 90's, Mariah Carey is MUCH bigger than Shakira even if she was never as global. Her stats clear

Girl. Mariah was much much much more global than Shakira ever was. Her album sold millions in Japan while Shakira was moving 50K; Mariah was also much bigger force in the UK during her peak and her success was distributed evenly worldwide and is not concentrated in one continent.

On 3/22/2023 at 11:15 AM, vale9001 said:

Beyoncè is the one with the broadest appealing artistry  between them. 

Alicia Keys is s talented as beyoncè as singer (and of course a better songwriter and musician even if bey has a better discography) but she doesn't have in her the ability to reinvent herself for 20 years.

You should understand it's ok to be artists with big ambitions after 20 years (rolling stones are there after 50 years cause they have them) and it's ok to want a different kind of career at some point after you already have made your thing and left your sign in your genre of music as Alicia has made for r'n'b and pop soul music.

Christina is a phenomenal singer, at some point she sould just release a different kind of music but she tried for too much time to be a certain kind of mainstream popstar and in that she was just uninteresting for most people (and in comparison with her era biggest pop names)...a celine dion- adele kind of career would have been the best thing for her. Now seems like she missed the gp attention for both.

Britney, J-LO, Kelly and Avril are good in their specific thing but they don't have the artistry to reinvent herself too much even if Kelly kinda make it with success with christmas or country (more older people) oriented music. 

Your posts never make sense

• 1 year later...
On 3/23/2023 at 10:38 AM, suneclipse121 said:

Beyoncé has overall outsold/outgrossed/outdone Shakira in:

North America

Asia 

Europe 

Africa 

Oceania

Whether it's touring or sales Beyoncé beats her. It's that simple and you need to cope with it .:deadbanana4:

Shakira has:

Latin America 

Middle East** (Although Beyoncé is the one getting paid $20 million + to perform in Dubai and not the other one so idk:rip:

Shakira has sold more than Beyonce in Europe: 

• Like 1

Because she's talented and she loves what she does.

On 3/23/2023 at 5:18 PM, abeille said:

Another fact: Shakira hasn't seen a solo hit the size of Cuff It or an album the size of Renaissance/Lemonade/ST since the Obama administration. The world was still recovering from 9/11 the last time any of her albums entered the IFPI global chart.

So this is why the Hive has been so pressed about Shakira? LMFAO. 

Shakira's latest album is bigger than any Beyonce album in the past decade :skull: 

Spotify

LMYNL - 3,650,860,243 (+4,704,389 daily)

Cowboy Carter - 764,042,461 (+13,592,407 daily)

Renaissance - 2,868,847,303 (+1,602,437 daily)

The Gift - 760,493,585 (+193,813 daily)

Lemonade - 1,351,757,430 (+544,386 daily)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Shakira's latest album is bigger than any Beyonce album in the past decade :skull: 

Because more than half of the album are her droplets from three years ago. I'm not recalling anyone checking out anything that wasn't that bizarap or Karol g collab. 

E933FB1E-ABB9-4A26-BB3E-FCEE5A239341.thu

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, period sis said:

Because more than half of the album are her droplets from three years ago. I'm not recalling anyone checking out anything that wasn't that bizarap or Karol g collab. 

When you exclude those two singles, the rest of the album has 1.7B+ streams. Te Felicito is over 700M streams, too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eternium said:

When you exclude those two singles, the rest of the album has 1.7B+ streams. Te Felicito is over 700M streams, too.

Again, because of all the droplets and collabs that were added Dua Lipa style. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

She wanted it more. And she doesn't shy away from self-criticism, has an unparalleled work ethic but also, seems to have an incredibly healthy social circle that she's curated very carefully, much like her musical output, into reflecting exactly what and how she wants to share with the public. 

Additionally, she's a perpetually self-correcting and adamant about improving all aspects of her craft, whether it's something she brings to the table herself or can recognize is better suited for someone else to help her create her vision. It's no different than a famous director who utilizes hundreds of staff to help create their vision, from a director of cinematography, lighting crew, scripts, etc - ultimately, it's still her vision because it doesn't see the light of day until she approves it. 

Edited by Ibrahim
  • Like 1

I stand by the fact that the untz untz era of 2011-2013 ruined everyone. She took a hit with the 4 album but it paid off long term while almost everybody else got short-term hits and lost their core audiences. It also helps that she reinvents herself every album and always keeps ppl on their toes. you can never guess what a Beyoncé album is gonna sound like.

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

LMYNL - 3,650,860,243

And yet the album opened with 20K copies. Attaching other artists' singles from the last 3 years will not mask that this album is a huge flop :rip: 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

She's talented, hard-working, and gorgeous. Emphasis on the hard-working part.

13 minutes ago, Ibrahim said:

She wanted it more. And she doesn't shy away from self-criticism, has an unparalleled work ethic but also, seems to have an incredibly healthy social circle that she's curated very carefully, much like her musical output, into reflecting exactly what and how she wants to share with the public. 

Additionally, she's a perpetually self-correcting and adamant about improving all aspects of her craft, whether it's something she brings to the table herself or can recognize is better suited for someone else to help her create her vision. It's no different than a famous director who utilizes hundreds of staff to help create their vision, from a director of cinematography, lighting crew, scripts, etc - ultimately, it's still her vision because it doesn't see the light of day until she approves it. 

I always say that Bey's biggest strength is that she knows her limitations and isn't afraid to ask for help. If she needs more bass, she'll go get the best bassist around, if she's not happy with her lyrics, she'll go get someone to help her. If 20 people end up being credited on a song, so be it. The other girls care too much about what people say and would rather release something basic and bad. Stans are partly to blame, if your fave sees you dragging Bey for working with 12 people, they will avoid doing that and stick to the same basic formula that they know and hinder their artistic growth 

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.