HDD: Morgan Wallen #1 492k, Kali Uchis #5 53k

Renan90

5 minutes ago, Squall said:

Exact numbers for Dangerous:

Total: 6,017,000 (3,226M + 2,405M + 386k)

Pure sales: 392,000 (288,000 + 92,000 + 12,000)

6.5% of its total

And people wanted him to move 400k or so pure sales :skull: 

The way Dangerous is so going diamond at RIAA in the next two years. Though ironically this new album might slow it down. :celestial5:

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anti-bitch

• Squall

• Bears01

• family.guy123

42 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

I think country as a genre is about to have/is having a resurgence. If you've caught any of the new American Idol season, there's a lot of country hopefuls. Morgan's impact probably. And I wanna mention Bailey Zimmerman and Drake Milligan as potential future stars. And I hope women come up too.

Sounds like a terrorism threat :redface:

3 minutes ago, Sscorpionn said:

Sounds like a terrorism threat :redface:

Noo, that's harsh, lol. And it could be like country-pop anyway.

1 hour ago, anti-***** said:

People don't rush to listen and buy Morgan Wallen.

? Yes, they do. The album was #1 on Apple Music like two months before release. People on my socials were lined up posting about having the album on repeat all day Friday...

4 minutes ago, RobynYoBank said:

? Yes, they do. The album was #1 on Apple Music like two months before release. People on my socials were lined up posting about having the album on repeat all day Friday...

I was just trying to make a point to Brando, but yeah. I'm sure it's a big deal in the US. But his main strength is longevity, or at least has been. It could be different this time, but let's see.

3 hours ago, on the line said:

Wow. The way people talk about him I thought it'd be a million+! Just shows the fans in the US Taylor has to debut 3 times this with half the tracks. 

Fixed, the gp don’t consume Taylor Swift. 

OP: expected since country is the local genre, do any other countries consume his music outside of the US (and maybe Canada)?

6 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

Fixed, the gp don’t consume Taylor Swift. 

OP: expected since country is the local genre, do any other countries consume his music outside of the US (and maybe Canada)?

This weird obsession :skull: 

5 hours ago, Juanny said:

This is Drake and Harry Styles-level numbers. What do you mean “that’s it”?

Drake had 0 physical sales while people would expect huge sales for a country artist

And he came off a massive album that is on track to be one of the biggest albums ever on the US charts

Huge numbers but nothing spectacular tbh

i am expecting 500k+ though

looks like next week will be a competition between TWICE and him

no room for a fad called miley cyrus

Edited by newaespa

500k is still very possible. 

The way this will absolutely devastate the Hot 100 :deadbanana2:

This is going to be parked at the top of the Billboard 200 for months and send a lot of songs recurrent on the Hot 100 :deadbanana2:

42 minutes ago, Sept said:

Drake had 0 physical sales while people would expect huge sales for a country artist

And he came off a massive album that is on track to be one of the biggest albums ever on the US charts

Huge numbers but nothing spectacular tbh

But Dangerous didn't have huge physical sales? This is like being disappointed if Bad Bunny next album opens with 400k in the US lol.

This is still likely going to end up being one of the biggest albums of the decade.

1 minute ago, Axelios said:

But Dangerous didn't have huge physical sales? This is like being disappointed if Bad Bunny next album opens with 400k in the US lol.

This is still likely going to end up being one of the biggest albums of the decade.

Dangerous sold 74k pure in the first week. HDD didn't say it but I see another thread estimating his first week SEA to be 350k so his sales are projected to be ~100k? 

It's mentioned that the streams of One Thing doubled Dangerous so the growth in sales is surely not amazing

34 minutes ago, Sept said:

Not if you've paid any attention to the charts lately. You can't expect big pure sales from anyone other than Taylor or Adele anymore. And maybe Harry Styles with the vinyls. But for everyone else it's over. Country fans have stopped buying albums too. But just the fact that Morgan is being compared to Taylor, Adele and Drake proves how big he is in the US.

57 minutes ago, Sept said:

shania twain 34k

luke combs 28k

miranda lambert 24k

carrie underwood 22k

kane brown 20k

jason aldean 19k

We all know it’ll have longevity but considering how huge Dangerous was in the U.S and the fact that he has 3 times as many tracks, you would think he would be able to outdo Harry’s House first week. 

So glad he’s a nobody in my country. 

This is beyond disgusting. :pukey:

34 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Massive but with 36 songs I was lowkey worried about 750k. Miley #1 prayer circle. @tbhmatt @Scars @CottageHore @biomind101

CzVdba6.gif

I see Miley coming close to the #1!!! But just missing it, I fear :gaycat6: but this is lowkey a flop. 36 songs to stream and you can’t even crack half a mil? Morgan Flopcist

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.