RBD - Soy Rebelde Stadium & Arena Tour

Sergi91

They’re shamelessly trying to make bank in dollars with the latin millennials that grew up on their music in the US and said **** it to countries with weak currencies that actually gave them huge success lol

We’ll see how much nostalgia will have a pull for them, because I don’t remember them being so big outside of LM like Daddy Yankee, Shakira and others used to be, but then latin music was paid dust and didn’t crossover as much as these days. Maybe the reruns brought new fans? I didn’t keep tabs on them

Edited by liquiddiamonds

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Outlaws

• peacok

• Sergi91

• XIAN

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, liquiddiamonds said:

They’re shamelessly trying to make bank in dollars with the millennials that grew up on their music in the US and said **** it to countries with weak currencies that actually gave them huge success lol

We’ll see how much nostalgia will have a pull for them, because I don’t remember them being so big outside of LM like Daddy Yankee, Shakira and others used to be, but then latin music was paid dust and didn’t crossover as much as these days

Please, first of all it's not like global economy is the same than it was before, all shows are way more expensive now. Second, they barely earned anything after years and years of non-stop work, pleasing millions of fans several times. And try remembering a bit more, they were just as big back then when they were together only, even in Central Europe.

They have explained a few times the reasons why at the moment they have not announced more dates.

Just now, Outlaws said:

Please, first of all it's not like global economy is the same than it was before, all shows are way more expensive now. Second, they barely earned anything after years and years of non-stop work, pleasing millions of fans several times. And try remembering a bit more, they were just as big back then when they were together only, even in Central Europe.

They have explained a few times the reasons why at the moment they have not announced more dates.

Who’s talking about ticket prices in The US? I’m talking about inflation and logistics to bring concerts to countries that are currently facing crisis and used to be big markets for them, whose currencies are not as strong as they used to be during their popularity peak around the mid-00s. They’re completely financially sound to tour many dates in the US. Their success was absolutely minor there compared to other Latin American countries, where they could fill stadiums in more than one date, and caused a frenesi wherever they were (people literally died in my country trying to watch them), but the revenue might total less than a small arena in the US. So yes they’re trying to make a bank here which is the whole point of goin on tour

They were not as big as they were in Latam anywhere else. What is this revision? There’s a financial reason why they’re not touring Europe for now

20 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

Who’s talking about ticket prices in The US? I’m talking about inflation and logistics to bring concerts to countries that are currently facing crisis and used to be big markets for them, whose currencies are not as strong as they used to be during their popularity peak around the mid-00s. They’re completely financially sound to tour many dates in the US. Their success was absolutely minor there compared to other Latin American countries, where they could fill stadiums in more than one date, and caused a frenesi wherever they were (people literally died in my country trying to watch them), but the revenue might total less than a small arena in the US. So yes they’re trying to make a bank here which is the whole point of goin on tour

They were not as big as they were in Latam anywhere else. What is this revision? There’s a financial reason why they’re not touring Europe for now

:toofunny3: anyway...

Cancel this tour , they didn’t include Colombia and they are not Katy Perry , BLACKPINK, Olivia Rodrigo to pay flight tickets + hotel to see the:coffee2:

2 hours ago, liquiddiamonds said:

***** they literally sold out stadiums in the US only Madonna, MJ, etc sold out! 

5 hours ago, chris1991 said:

***** they literally sold out stadiums in the US only Madonna, MJ, etc sold out! 

They literally sold out one stadium date in LA at the peak of their popularity with their first tour. That’s no small feat, but by 2008 they were touring smaller arenas and theaters only in the US, while still touring stadiums in Latin America. They only had one date in the US for their farewell tour, in Los Angeles, in a much smaller venue. In comparison they played to 500.000 people in Brazil during the same 2008 era, way past their peak. 

I don’t understand why y’all are arguing the fact that they were much bigger in Latam than in the US and logistics and a healthier touring market must be the reason why they are focusing for now on their north-American audiences. Their albums used to sell an insane amount of copies during peak piracy in Latin America. Their legal brazilian sales are bigger than their north-american sales and most of their fans were consuming their music through illegal means like downloads and ripped CD-Rs, so they’re not certified. Whatever success they used to have in the US just didn’t compare to the phenomenon they were south of the border

Edited by liquiddiamonds

The IMPACT was far too much. Some can't handle it, it seems.

I'm so scared of ticket prices. :| 

@ me if you want your name to be added on any of the dates that you are attending. 

18 hours ago, Outlaws said:

Hide contents

Every Latin/Spanish kid grew up with them! The impact is undeniable! Idk why some people in here are trying to discredit every young Latin person that grew up with them!

Like sorry you aren’t Latino! 

18 hours ago, liquiddiamonds said:

They literally sold out one stadium date in LA at the peak of their popularity with their first tour. That’s no small feat, but by 2008 they were touring smaller arenas and theaters only in the US, while still touring stadiums in Latin America. They only had one date in the US for their farewell tour, in Los Angeles, in a much smaller venue. In comparison they played to 500.000 people in Brazil during the same 2008 era, way past their peak. 

I don’t understand why y’all are arguing the fact that they were much bigger in Latam than in the US and logistics and a healthier touring market must be the reason why they are focusing for now on their north-American audiences. Their albums used to sell an insane amount of copies during peak piracy in Latin America. Their legal brazilian sales are bigger than their north-american sales and most of their fans were consuming their music through illegal means like downloads and ripped CD-Rs, so they’re not certified. Whatever success they used to have in the US just didn’t compare to the phenomenon they were south of the border

I don’t think anyone is arguing that their success in LAmerican was smaller than the US!
Although I dont think you’re not giving them enough credit in the US!  They obviously didn’t concur the English market in the US which is a huge audience however you forget the the US had a huge Latino population! Every Latin culture grew up with them not just Mexicans(see all Latin artist inspired by them video above. Most if not all Latinos in the US know of Rebelde/RBD whether it be TV, music, fashion, etc.

Just because they didn’t concur the white maket doesn’t seem them a large act! They were at the top of Latin music in the US along with Daddy Yankee, Wisin/Yandel, Mana, Don Omar, Belanova! The Latin market wasn’t even at its peak back then! Big but not to wear it’s at now, correct me if I’m front but Latin Artist weren’t filling up US stadiums in the early 2000s. Bad Bunny easy sells them out today! 
So yes, they were pretty huge in the US for what that market allowed Latin artist to be at the time! LA was obviously a different monster!

How cool it would be if the OGs from Erreway joins them on stage for a song 

9 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

How cool it would be if the OGs from Erreway joins them on stage for a song 

That would be cute. I think as a fanbase we don't really know them nor anything about them or their music, but it would be a cute think. Mayve if they visit Argentina that'd be possible.

2 hours ago, Outlaws said:

That would be cute. I think as a fanbase we don't really know them nor anything about them or their music, but it would be a cute think. Mayve if they visit Argentina that'd be possible.

Argentina or Spain would be cute.

2 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

when does it go on sale? information is all over the place :deadvision:

the dates and times are on ticketmaster:

Onsale to General Public

Starts Fri, Jan 27 @ 12:00 pm PST

Citi® Cardmember Verified Fan Presale
Starts Wed, Jan 25 @ 12:00 pm PST
Ends Thu, Jan 26 @ 11:45 am PST

General Verified Fan Presale Window 1
Starts Thu, Jan 26 @ 12:00 pm PST
Ends Thu, Jan 26 @ 11:59 pm PST

General Verified Fan Presale Window 2
Starts Thu, Jan 26 @ 02:00 pm PST
Ends Thu, Jan 26 @ 11:59 pm PST

Spotify Presale
Ends Fri, Jan 27 @ 11:00 am PST

Venue/Local/Radio Presale
Ends Fri, Jan 27 @ 11:00 am PST

VIP Packages Onsale
Starts Fri, Jan 27 @ 12:00 pm PST
Ends Fri, Sep 29 @ 10:00 pm PDT
Edited by XIAN

3 minutes ago, chris1991 said:

Has anyone received the presale code? :jonnycat: 

The email said we'd receive notification tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, chris1991 said:

Has anyone received the presale code? :jonnycat: 

i got my citi presale code around 3pm today :alexz:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.