• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GlamSlam

• luckythisway

• FolkLover1989

• suburbannature

Did you all read this? 

“Before you start scrolling (and commenting), keep in mind that this is the Greatest Singers list, not the Greatest Voices List. Talent is impressive; genius is transcendent. Sure, many of the people here were born with massive pipes, perfect pitch, and boundless range.

In all cases, what mattered most to us was originality, influence, the depth of an artist’s catalog, and the breadth of their musical legacy."

I can see why they made the choices they did now, even if I don’t agree with all of them.

I'm satisfied with Ariana's position, she's the only one who debuted in the 10's to make the top 50. :clap3:

Glad to see Mariah, Bey and Whitney all in the Top 10, they deserve it the most. 

However not including Celine is a fatal mistake and makes this whole list feel just inaccurate. She should've gotten a spot in the Top 10. 

The way Rolling Stones always pushing the taylor propaganda that she is a great singer :deadbanana2: and not her above Kelly Clarkson and Christina Aguilera...  BFR :toofunny3:

Celine not even on the list :rip:

I mean, Bey is a great vocalist, but she could never:

Publications should stop simply making these rankings with whats cool and might get clicks in mind

Edited by brazil

This list :rip:

4 hours ago, unclefloprry said:

#194 Kelly Clarkson

#185 Alícia Keys

#141 Christina Aguilera

#102 TAYLOR SWIFT

:bibliahh::rip::biblio::bibliahh::rip::biblio:

:rip:

4 hours ago, PopNStuff said:

I see the Britney fans concerned about Xtina’s placement, rather than being concerned that their fav was never even considered for this list. Surprised that Rob Sheffield dude didn’t sneak her in.

A self sabotage that could ve cost him his job i guess? :skull:

1 hour ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611d601385abc0d2d53ff

:deadbanana2:

OT:

A greatest vocalist list without Céline ******* Dion is a big professional mistake :biblio:

Kelly Clarkson at 194? Brandy 193? I stopped reading after that.

Was very happy to see La India on da list. Da best female freestyle vocalist and her singing in salsa only made her voice better

Celia, Marc, and Hector also bringing it for salsa 

Céline Dion should be Top 10. Taylor making it to 102 tho :clap3:

A joke :ahh:

3 hours ago, Bey Admired said:

You do know she had major vocal cord surgery and her voice totally changed, right? Pre-vocal surgery, she definitely had a sublime voice that was up there with the greatest of her generation. You have to judge singers by their peak, not by their worst moments. If we’re judging artists on their worst moments, then Mariah wouldn’t make the top 1000, but that’s not how it works. 

Even before that she wasn’t the greatest vocalist. Her tone is good but she’s always had flat moments during her imperial phase that makes her placement confusing.

I do think Celine deserves a spot but out of her peers (Whitney, Mariah, etc.) she definitely has the least impactful & influential discography. She didn’t really add anything new to the 90s diva love ballad, she just did it exceptionally well & sold a lot of records. Obviously she made French music more global but she doesn’t really have daughters like her peers do, tbh. And no disrespect at all, she’s a legend & should’ve been included (especially with the laughable BTS threat appearing :rip:) but I understand how her discography can be seen as forgettable/cookie cutter. 

Edited by luckythisway

2 hours ago, brazil said:

Celine not even on the list :rip:

I mean, Bey is a great vocalist, but she could never:

Publications should stop simply making these rankings with whats cool and might get clicks in mind

It's not that she couldn't, she wouldn't :skull: There's nothing impressive about this performance.

7 hours ago, Limitless said:

Did you actually read the list :rip:

I was going off the quoted user's summary, and I see Minnie is on the list but she's ranked far too low. Phyllis Hyman, unsurprisingly is missing. 

Celine nowhere to be seen yet less talented hacks made it :deadbanana:

8 minutes ago, Jormungand said:

I was going off the quoted user's summary, and I see Minnie is on the list but she's ranked far too low. Phyllis Hyman, unsurprisingly is missing. 

Phyllis Hyman should definitely have been included for sure 

They have to be trolling for clicks with this ridiculous list. No Celine :deadbanana: With some of those choices they might as well have included Britney because tbh her vocals in her prime were better and more distinctive than several people on there and she was definitely more influential than a lot of those people as well.

3 hours ago, Bey Admired said:

Did you all read this? 

“Before you start scrolling (and commenting), keep in mind that this is the Greatest Singers list, not the Greatest Voices List. Talent is impressive; genius is transcendent. Sure, many of the people here were born with massive pipes, perfect pitch, and boundless range.

In all cases, what mattered most to us was originality, influence, the depth of an artist’s catalog, and the breadth of their musical legacy."

I can see why they made the choices they did now, even if I don’t agree with all of them.

This is a cop out statement, this list is an updated vocalist list but they wanted to add some vocally mid artists for clicks so they chose to do this to avoid backlash. RS is not a reliable music critic publication anymore, and they shouldn't be taken seriously.

No Shania? No Faith Hill? No Martina McBride? No CELINE? And yes, even Britney deserves a spot on this list (I mean they had the nerve to include Bob Dylan :rip:), if we're going by most iconic/most recognizable vocals. 

Taylor is a songwriter but there is absolutely nothing recognizable/iconic about her vocals. This list is an absolute joke. :deadbanana4:

What a dumpster fire list overall :deadbanana4: They deserve all those lashings 

1 hour ago, bad guy said:

Even before that she wasn’t the greatest vocalist. Her tone is good but she’s always had flat moments during her imperial phase that makes her placement confusing.

I respectfully disagree. In my opinion, she had one of the greatest voices of her gen pre-surgery. 

This is one of the worst lists they’ve ever published. Omitting one of the best known technical singers of all time, Celine Dion, is WILD.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.