Rolling Stone 200 Greatest Singers of All Time

luckythisway

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/best-singers-all-time-1234642307/

The Criteria:

“Before you start scrolling (and commenting), keep in mind that this is the Greatest Singers list, not the Greatest Voices List. Talent is impressive; genius is transcendent. Sure, many of the people here were born with massive pipes, perfect pitch, and boundless range. Others have rougher, stranger, or more delicate instruments. In all cases, what mattered most to us was originality, influence, the depth of an artist’s catalog, and the breadth of their musical legacy.” 

Top 10 

Spoiler

10. Al Green
9. Otis Redding

8. Beyoncé 

7. Stevie Wonder

6. Ray Charles 

5. Mariah Carey

4. Billie Holiday 

3. Sam Cooke

2. Whitney Houston

1. Aretha Franklin

Thoughts? 

Edited by luckythisway

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GlamSlam

• luckythisway

• FolkLover1989

• suburbannature

Oh this is vocalist list. I was looking for Beatles and MJ in top 10

1 minute ago, Aspookykid said:

Adele the highest 21st century debuting artist (#22) mhm! 

Her tone is best

Deserved

i just opened the list and rosalia and kelly clarkson — aka TRAINED vocalists — are below bts’ jungkook who can barely sing on pitch :rip:

Wait Taylor #110 is great for her. Coupled with being on songwriter list as well. That's talent :flame:

1 minute ago, conquxror said:

i just opened the list and rosalia and kelly clarkson — aka TRAINED vocalists — are below bts’ jungkook who can barely sing on pitch :rip:

Yikes. Dismiss this list already

No Britney so the list is valid :cm:

3 minutes ago, conquxror said:

:dies:

3 minutes ago, conquxror said:

Yikes, he's a hideous singer. :rip:

This list is very terrible. 

I hope they don't revise Songwriting list now , won't be surprised if they add some BTS member there too.

Billie Ellish (#198) and Jungkook (#191) over Rosalia (#200) :rip: Rihanna (#68) over Amy Winehouse (#83) :rip: for real? :rip: 

Edited by truthteller

This list is a mess. Especially #102 and #68.

The description for #102...

Edited by Cottonmouth

5 minutes ago, conquxror said:

:bibliahh:

Wait where is Celine Dion , she can still sing great at this age.

She should easily be in Top 5.

Just now, Kingdom said:

taylor being above jazmine sullivan is the most embarrassing ranking....yikes

Your thought going to Taylor when Celine is literally not in the list it seems.

Get over her ig lol

this list is a HOT MESS. delete it

Rihanna

An alto whose range spans three octaves, Rihanna isn’t just one of the biggest pop singers around: She’s one of the biggest voices, period. Her low notes are particularly resonant — she dips into them to underline a phrase, or to add a hint of doubt to a line. But her keening top notes, which have grown more billowing with time, are still the main draw: Half of what made “Umbrella” indelible is her signature, nasal “ella-ella-ay-ay-ay”s. “Rihanna’s voice is just delicious for your ear,” Chris Martin of Coldplay declared. “She is the Frank Sinatra of our generation. She can turn anything into gold with that voice.” —M.M.

And yet Katy Kats and Swifties Keep trying it every time thinking their faves are on the same level as Rihanna when it comes to vocals. Thank you rolling stone

Taylor Swift being considered a better vocalist than Christina Aguilera :clap3:

Am I hallucinating or is Celine not on this list? If that’s the case then I can't take it seriously :deadbanana2:

Also how in the world is Rihanna a better singer than Barbra Streisand?

2 minutes ago, Kingdom said:

taylor being above jazmine sullivan is the most embarrassing ranking....yikes

:rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.