Rolling Stone 200 Greatest Singers of All Time

luckythisway

That tweet trying to do damage control, yeah they knew they had a big storm coming :toofunny3:

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GlamSlam

• luckythisway

• FolkLover1989

• suburbannature

51 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Where's Britney Houston? 

The first second always makes me jump from my chair :bibliahh:

:bibliahh:

Bjork and Sade higher than Diana Ross and Michael Jackson. Gladys Knight, Barbra and Celine not in the top 100.

Whitney missing out on #1.

What a mess.

No Bruno.

Bjork higher than Diana Ross.

Barbra Streisand at #147.

Taylor and Rih above Jazmin, X, Kelly etc.

No Celine (!!!)

Whoever compiled this list should be fired, and Celine in particular deserves the biggest grovelling apology. Judging from their own criteria for inclusion in the list - she meets literally every single one of them.

Edited by C_Colstead

22 minutes ago, C_Colstead said:

No Bruno.

Bjork higher than Diana Ross.

Barbra Streisand at #147.

No Celine (!!!)

Whoever compiled this list should be fired, and Celine in particular deserves the biggest grovelling apology. Judging from their own criteria for inclusion in the list - she meets literally every single one of them.

I agree!

Even though there's no excuse for Celine's omission, I wonder if Rolling Stone has some kind of agenda. I mean, If you look at the top 10 there are no white singers in the list :skull:

1 hour ago, GlamSlam said:

I agree!

Even though there's no excuse for Celine's omission, I wonder if Rolling Stone has some kind of agenda. I mean, If you look at the top 10 there are no white singers in the list :skull:

So, how does the top ten being comprised of all Black singers make it appear as though RS have an agenda? 

ANSWER QUICKLY.

17 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

So, how does the top ten being comprised of all Black singers make it appear as though RS have an agenda? 

ANSWER QUICKLY.

If certain people are far too ignorant or stupid to work that out then I'm not going to point it out to them, and spare me the "answer quickly" attitude because that sort of talk doesn't work with me.

2 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

If certain people are far too ignorant or stupid to work that out then I'm not going to point it out to them, and spare me the "answer quickly" attitude because that sort of talk doesn't work with me.

Just answer the question…

It’s not that deep.

Why would RS have an agenda for their being no White singers in the top ten? 

Answer Quickly.

9 hours ago, ArtForFreedom said:

What a dumpster fire list overall :deadbanana4: They deserve all those lashings 

Honestly. 

This list is hilariously embarrassing and all-around pathetic. 

I’m don’t know what people expect from list such as this. They almost always cause outrage and arguing. Which is it’s intent, to get everybody talking.

3 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Just answer the question…

It’s not that deep.

Why would RS have an agenda for their being no White singers in the top ten? 

Answer Quickly.

There you go again. I WAS actually going to answer you until I read that final part, so just for that I'm going to leave you hanging.

*Toodles*

So it's not an exclusive vocalists list or artsy-fartsy stuff either, just bits of this and that. :deadbanana:

It's sad how desperate for clicks these once-respected music publications have become. They knew this list would rile people up and get them the ad revenue they're clearly in dire need for.

A BTS member on the list and above Kelly Clarkson is a crime against humanity.

Taylor Swift being on any list about singing is a hate crime.

The glaring omission of one of the greatest pop singers of all time is an affront to the human race.

Lady Gaga’s early classics play like slightly more strenuous variations on the great Madonna hits, though Stefani Germanotta was born with a more robust vocal range, a huskier natural tone, and an easier way with vocal acrobatics.

The Madonna drag. :rip:

They kinda snapped with the top ten, though. :clap3: 

1 hour ago, Bang Up said:

The Madonna drag. :rip:

So basically it's just another example of a petty liddo using their platform to spew unnecessary hate about Madonna.  That along with the fact Gaga's much higher than those with more talent (when she shouldn't be) speaks volumes. :skull:

RS making fun of themselves again... always getting everything wrong

RS is a sycophant rag of ''journalism'', nothing more. 

Donny Hathaway so low at #126...  Taylor Swift at #106, Celine Dion nowhere to be found. And tens of other things I could say about it

Bey at #8 is laughable too. But then again, weve been known for years RS is on The Carters (and Ms. Swifts) payroll. So are we really surprised

Edited by Ayanaa

Not Celine being MIA :deadbanana2:

Michael Jackson should absolutely be higher.

Jazmine Sullivan too.

Delete Taylor, Lana and Billie Whisper from this list.

A joke list pandering to deranged stans to keep their lights on and water running. These are the same people who ,just last year, called Formation the greatest video of all time when it's not even Beyonce's greatest. And had the audacity to include an Adele video :deadbanana2:

22 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

Taylor is like 101 or something and Kelly is 190something :dies:

Also Alicia Keys at 185....what a joke :rip:

Just now, Insanity said:

Also Alicia Keys at 185....what a joke :rip:

Brandy hanging out at the bottom of the list is also unforgivable; imagine ranking the Vocal Bible that low :rip:

4 minutes ago, Blue Monday said:

Brandy hanging out at the bottom of the list is also unforgivable; imagine ranking the Vocal Bible that low :rip:

Jung Kook at 191 above Kelly and Brandy :bibliahh: 

Well u know these were paid for 

51 minutes ago, Insanity said:

Jung Kook at 191 above Kelly and Brandy :bibliahh: 

Well u know these were paid for 

They knew this was gonna get outrage clicks but like the sheer disrespect… :dies: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.