K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

56 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

crackstink coming for #1 :gaycat2:

the 100k gap :skull:

why they keep saying 4k for Loona? they got to perform in the Pepsi center (8k) and grossed almost 500k

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Flomik said:

I’m sorry but the BORN PINK tour looks so bland compared with the Coachella show :rip:

cuz it is, the pinkchella was their redemption moment

4 minutes ago, Flomik said:

I’m sorry but the BORN PINK tour looks so bland compared with the Coachella show :rip:

no cause its true :rip: they should start performing the coachella set from now cause its the encore dates left anyways

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

The way their mics are on. 

I’m so proud of these girls. The way they shut down those ‘they can’t sing’ accusations :jonny6: 

LSRFM & aespa next :clap3:

Mother Giselle will slay so hard. I can feel she’s coming and gag her haters this comeback 

8 minutes ago, Kety said:

immaculate VOCALs:WAP:

Taeyeon world tour when:jonnycat:

I think her belts & vibrato are very tense here. I know Yawn's voice is very up and down so its probably nothing, but I worry that it's because she's so goddamn skinny again :doc: Pls eat healthily legend

Ugh I missed the SKZ announcement! @Mitsuki@Save-Me-Oprah@discreetinside@xrosup :ghostface:

Looks like @discreetinside was right it being their 3rd studio album and me saying it would be on June 2nd :loki:

4th gen leaders are back! 

- How much are we predicting in sales? 

- What are some unit songs you are predicting or want to see in the album? 

- etc.

BO8gLoR.gif

Would like to see Hyunjin x Felix recreate Jiwoong's infamous BL kissing sequence. And there can be like a song or whatever playing in the background.

Will also accept Hyunjin x Minho. :gaycat2:

• MuBank.Ep1161: JUEUN, CRAXY, ALICE, Kep1er, LEE CHAE YEON, IVE, XODIAC, Xdinary Heroes, xikers, BLITZERS, EPEX, TEMPEST, DRIPPIN, NCT DOJAEJUNG, WOODZ, LEE GI KWANG, SEVENTEEN

And the rest of the weekend...

• MuCore.EP806: JUEUN, Kep1er, IVE, BLITZERS, XODIAC, Park Gu Yun, Xdinary Heroes, FANTASY BOYS, DRIPPIN, WOODZ, NCT DOJAEJUNG, LEE GI KWANG, TAEYANG
  • Inki.EP1180: JUEUN, LEE CHAE YEON, Kep1er, IVE, Xdinary Heroes, XODIAC, EPEX, BLITZERS, xikers, DRIPPIN, TEMPEST, NCT DOJAEJUNG, LEE GI KWANG, WOODZ, SEVENTEEN, TAEYANG

In other news, finally heard "Cupid" on the local LDS CHR FM station today.  So, that's something.

:cm:

8 hours ago, BigBangStan said:

Stray Kids doesn't feel like a JYP bg

What do they feel like then? 

BO8gLoR.gif

9 hours ago, New Edition said:

WOW

Their trailers are always so next level.

I'm so curious as to why Stray Kids hit as big as they did but Got7 couldn't quite reach that same level of success despite arguably having all the ingredients. I LOVED Got7 at the time man.

It's probably because SKZ makes their music themselves and if JYP was in charge of their music like they was with GOT7, then SKZ would't be as big as they are now either. SKZ is also under Division 1 which is kinda the best JYP division in terms of marketing + they have their creative freedom and direction which the GOT7 members always wanted but never got from JYP.

If SKZ blew up and are successful today it's mostly because of the members themselves, since JYP is usually a gg company and doesn't really know how to manage bgs. JYP never had a top bg and if we look at each generation, GOT7 wasn't nearly as big as TWICE, and 2PM wasn't as big as Wonder Girls and Miss A. JYP always prefer their ggs more than their bgs which is the complete opposite of YG who prefers the bgs more. Like JYP only debuts 1 boy group in each generation (if we exclude bands) while debuting multiple ggs in each generation :dies: The fact that JYP's 4th gen roster only has SKZ as their only 4th gen bg while for ggs they have ITZY, NMIXX, NiziU + we are getting more soon :dies: 

JYP didn't know what to do with SKZ during their rookie years where SKZ bombed everywhere and was considered the biggest flop in Big 3 history. However once SKZ blew up with "God's Menu"  the rest was history and JYP started to prioritize them just as much as their ggs and arguably more which makes sense, since they are the breadwinners of the company right now along with TWICE.

Some Afghase are bitter and hate on SKZ due to SKZ reaching a level that their faves couldn't reach, including a user in here named something of "Normani"  who only pops up in here whenever SKZ are having a comeback or when TXT have a comeback to throw hate on SKZ

I forgot to say that I was really surprised that the last mission BM got was 2NE1 mash up, YG acknowledging both BP and 2NE1 while creating their new group whew 

2 hours ago, Flomik said:

it already looked a bit bland, hate how they don’t have any props and the outfits are shite :rip:

8 hours ago, Ryan said:

The way their mics are on. 

:clap3:

Not an official confirmation, but this media report says aespa is targeting a summer release for their first full album :omg:

2 hours ago, Harrier said:

I think her belts & vibrato are very tense here. I know Yawn's voice is very up and down so its probably nothing, but I worry that it's because she's so goddamn skinny again :doc: Pls eat healthily legend

Yeah her voice is always weak in her skinny eras 

Him signing to BH Entertainment was the best decision he made for his career 

Cha Eunwoo shouldn’t have renewed with FNC :coffee2: … 

Edited by Adama

Idk if it's a coincidence or not but that's really cool

38 minutes ago, Adama said:

Him signing to BH Entertainment was the best decision he made for his career 

Cha Eunwoo shouldn’t have renewed with FNC :coffee2: … 

Cha Eun Woo sign and just renew with Fantagio which is more famous on managing actors than idols so he would be fine. Moonbin (and most of Astro members tbh) could have potential to be another idol turn actors but too bad he's gone way too soon :weeps:

can’t believe they were accused of lacking yt stats :dies: without any ads 

but HYLT dp :rip: it’s a kii