K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

A list of bgs that are more popular than RIIZE that wasn't included in the list:

• NCT DREAM
  • NCT 127
  • ATEEZ
  • TREASURE
  • ZEROBASEONE

Notchu sneaking ZeroBottomTops 

:suburban:

I forgot about NCT :rip: well I guess replace Rice with NCT Dream then

are Ateez and treasure still the top groups? I think their recent cbs didn’t do that well?

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, FREE said:

i’m a casual kpop listener rn so i have no clue who are the top groups rn besides newjeans being #1. can someone lmk i’m curious 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

thats @Mitsuki

If I was straight I could consider 

Seventeen's popularity internationally is lowkey underrated

:gaycat4:

Edited by Mitsuki
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Notchu sneaking ZeroBottomTops 

I forgot about NCT :rip: well I guess replace Rice with NCT Dream then

are Ateez and treasure still the top groups? I think their recent cbs didn’t do that well?

Didn't ZB1 win the award for best new male group the other day over RIIZE :ryan3:

If RIIZE is considered a "top boy group" then so are ATEEZ and TREASURE 

38 minutes ago, FREE said:

i’m a casual kpop listener rn so i have no clue who are the top groups rn besides newjeans being #1. can someone lmk i’m curious 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Pluto2022 said:

Didn't ZB1 win the award for best new male group the other day over RIIZE :ryan3:

If RIIZE is considered a "top boy group" then so are ATEEZ and TREASURE 

I already revoked Rice’s top group card so don’t try to insert those two either sweatpiss

and idk but zerobottomone hype quickly faded and their numbers aren’t that great either from what I can see so they’re out of this conversation too 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Witnessed ET said:

I already revoked Rice’s top group card so don’t try to insert those two either sweatpiss

and idk but zerobottomone hype quickly faded and their numbers aren’t that great either from what I can see so they’re out of this conversation too 

Let's just all admit that 5th gen is a flop as a whole apart from BabyMonster :suburban:

Just now, Pluto2022 said:

Let's just all admit that 5th gen is a flop as a whole apart from BabyMonster :suburban:

Isn’t BabyDumpster OUT-OUT in every metric rn?

Just now, Witnessed ET said:

Isn’t BabyDumpster OUT-OUT in every metric rn?

They are doing decent on Youtube and Spotify at least? :suburban:

34 minutes ago, FREE said:

Welcome! I’ll recommend the most popular, mainstream songs and groups to get you started:

The most popular girl group from the second gen is called April kiss, here is a live performance by them:

for a more hip hop type sound, bling bling is probably the most popular group, probably #2 currently behind NewJeans:

for soloists, eyedi is currently #1 on most Korean charts

these are some mainstream songs, let me know if you’d like some indie/ deep cuts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

They are doing decent on Youtube and Spotify at least? :suburban:

Oh well that’s something at least, I know their album sales are gonna be good from the residual ygly stans but that album might never come

2 minutes ago, bunnyeyes said:

Welcome! I’ll recommend the most popular, mainstream songs and groups to get you started:

The most popular girl group from the second gen is called April kiss, here is a live performance by them:

for a more hip hop type sound, bling bling is probably the most popular group, probably #2 currently behind NewJeans:

for soloists, eyedi is currently #1 on most Korean charts

these are some mainstream songs, let me know if you’d like some indie/ deep cuts. 

i said i’m a casual listener rn, i used to stan kpop and was a very prominent user of this forum so i know who these people are maybe i should’ve lead with that info!

56 minutes ago, FREE said:

17 hours ago, gigantopithecus said:

Oh? :gaycat1:

4th Gen Leaders wbk :clap3:

6 hours ago, gigantopithecus said:

No matter what people like to say, she definitely puts in the work  :clap3: Shes constantly striving to improve and you can see how much work shes put in comparing performances

We need this predebut Giselle back

:jonny6: Girl have natural rhythm. Oh girl don't end the other 4th Gen lead vocalists like that @ANTIclimatic

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FREE said:

i’m no fool i know viviz aren’t even top 3 of nugudom

then why you ask *****

You cannot be new to kpop and know what nugudom stands for bfr :clack:

3 minutes ago, panochita said:

You cannot be new to kpop and know what nugudom stands for bfr :clack:

I think the person stated that he used to be a big Kpop stan, but haven't been following Kpop for a few years now

The layering is insane :jonny: That's why it's so "fulfilling" whenever you hear a Red Velvet song lol 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1