• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Kety said:

They are still THE best vocally out of all top/popular kpop acts of all time tbh. All NINE vocalists:WAP:

Let's not get too far but yeah you wouldn't have one member embarrassing themselves vocally on stages :clap3:

You three have 1 month to respond, now that Sistar19 is coming back jan next year :celestial2:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

I agrih with you sis, it’s frustrating to see him catch strays for no reason just because people “feel” like he gives them some “vibes” 

lorde-lorde-awkward.gif

that’s exactly what I mean, Mingyu shows his natural darker skin tone most of the times compared to most male idols who have a white cast on their faces 99% of the time

lorde-lorde-awkward.gif

If these "vibes" were at least coming from videos where you can actually pick up on someone being two-faced or strange, it would at least make a little more sense. But most people have never seen him outside of his nth generic photoshoot about how hot he is. Any "vibes" you can pick up from a staged photoshoot is just your own assumptions of someone's physical looks

Can't believe my attempt to use Mingyu to market Dino's solo turned into this. I might actually boycott Mingyu again because why has one post for Dino turned into me writing essays about Mingyu's controversies and kpop fans' look biases. Always stealing my nugu'd favs spotlights

baboon-newspaper.gif

• Haha 1

Speaking of TREASURE. After the hip-hop unit’s new song “G.O.A.T” on their recent album went viral in Korea during Soccer/Football. Hyunsuk, Haruto and Yoshi were personally invited to perform during the halftime @ the last game of the season. They’ll perform in front of 400k people :clap3:

29 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

Not projection, but observation and things I've heard people say themselves. Kpop fans aren't very upfront about it but the illusion of perfect people is why a lot of them are here, especially the straight/bi/pan/whoever-else-likes-men girls. Masculine traits basically just mean the more common traits in men. A lot of them associate common traits in men with real life men, so men who don't have too many masculine traits feel safer/different. Add in the rampant colorism of kpop and a lot of kpop fans will be quicker to make assumptions and associate dirtiness with an idol who is traditionally masculine and tan. It's the same reason why Timothee Chalamet has so many female fans and these fans were convinced he was innocent/soft/harmless for a long time because like all these kpop idols:

• Skinny, check
  • Pale, check
  • Not traditionally masculine, check
  • Hairless, check
  • Short, check
  • You can even argue his CMBYN movie equates a little to ship fanservice in kpop in helping further separate him from your average straight man

Kpop boys are all about selling the image that they're better than other men. Men who don't fit this checklist that many kpop fans think makes an innocent and safe man, are more likely to perceived as a threat or assumed the worst of. Look at how Jungkook got backlash by a lot of his fans just by releasing some songs about consensual s*x because it broke the illusion he had as the sweet innocent kpop boy who has never touched a woman (unrealistic)

Most of Mingyu's hate has to be based on his appearance because nobody watches svt videos outside of the fans. People's opinions of him are entirely based off of his photoshoots, which what will be giving "bad vibes" there besides his physical appearance? It's not like you can pick up on something shady he did in a still, posed photo. A lot of people don't even know about his controversies while saying things like this, and for those who do, they're very mild controversies in comparison to a lot of male idols. Yet somehow he gets dragged and branded an incel conservative and male idols are able to move on fine from actually expressing their conservative and offensive views. If he was at least more popular, I'd understand the forced hate since people get more pressed when someone's successful but hes not even that popular. At most you'll see his modelling photos circulate in stan communities but hes able to generate more controversy with an ambiguous red heart or be accused of looking "dirty" than most idols who are way more popular

As for Juyeon, I'm not familiar with him. Has he ever had something be twisted into a controversy like Mingyu? If he has, fair. If he hasn't, I would like to see how quick people want jump on him for a vague post. Maybe it's because I wasn't paying attention before but it seems like Mingyu was also left alone until recently. People just seem a lot more eager to jump on him and brand him for something while letting male idols who fit the "harmless" bill get away with much worse. I'd also argue the fact that the majority of people only knowing Mingyu for and associating him with sexualized photoshoots plays a part as to why he's so easy to associate with depravity for people, but I've done enough essays and conspiracies for today

This isn't just targeted towards female fans btw, you can find male fans display similar behavior too. I just think more girls are into kpop because of the men feeling harmless/different and have had female friends tell me this themselves. Any ladies here, feel free to tell me I'm wrong though. And agree on how badly female idols are affected by colorism. Think about how some fans think Mimi being tan is disruptive to the groups image and that she "stands out" too much. Once again, the colorism in kpop associating being tan as something bad and in OMG's case, people aren't saying the even quieter part. They think her tan somehow ruins their innocent image because they associate tans negatively. I recall seeing multiple female idols associated with promiscuity because of their tan skin

baboon-newspaper.gif

didnt you say you were done with essays

baboonphone2.gif

We love you, Japan

spacer.png

• Like 2

Just now, Save-Me-Oprah said:

didnt you say you were done with essays

baboonphone2.gif

I'll make a correction to my earlier statement. I'm done writing essays until someone quotes me or makes more accusations

baboon-newspaper.gif

13 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Who is that 

baboon-newspaper.gif

Spoiler

Just one Sheep

:suburban:

Still obsessed. That Beyoncé to Whitney transition, whew wig off @cloudbusting @youresotoxic

:loki: Kpop as a whole are nothing without productions but SINGERS and real talent like Wendy is a whole damn production 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

now thats mother

baboonphone.gif

already need his comeback

baboonphone.gif

please tell me the deets on when newjeans is gonna cb and tour bc ive been away from kpop for a hot minute :giraffe:

21 minutes ago, Mel. said:

Now you know that is not true about TREASURE. They’ve had their best album sales to date. Selling out dome fanmeets and tours

not sure how that’s underperforming.

Welcome back @Mel.issa :jonny2:

4 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

Still obsessed. That Beyoncé to Whitney transition, whew wig off @cloudbusting @youresotoxic

:loki: Kpop as a whole are nothing without productions but SINGERS and real talent like Wendy is a whole damn production 

I love flash and pizzazz, but at the end of the day you really just need TALENT :jonny3:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

is he back yet

baboonphone2.gif

well yes, back at home

baboonphone2.gif

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, sourprint said:

please tell me the deets on when newjeans is gonna cb and tour bc ive been away from kpop for a hot minute :giraffe:

There is no info sorry. MHJ is keeping everything under wraps :gaycat5: Expect the unexpected.
The girls are practicing for MMA right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheCal said:

well yes, back at home

baboonphone2.gif

I wonder if theyll kick him out of the dorm while hes on hiatus

baboonphone2.gif

When SM used to show off their artists range. 

I would die if we got a less doll up Aespa singing their hearts out. I need harmonizations, runs, adlibs, high notes, vibratos  :allears:

OMG King @Mel. Is back, hey sis, you know, ever since you've been gone Treasure became my second most played act of the year, and I've fallen in love even with their weird title tracks, songs like ILY and JJ and MMM have clicked so hard for me:katie2: literally only need to get into Boy and Bonax2 I use it but JJ is so much better, anywho, stan Treasure KTRL.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

I love flash and pizzazz, but at the end of the day you really just need TALENT :jonny3:

Pizzaz and flash is 10x better when you have an idol who actually has the talent to be there :hippo:

*If you don't have the talent, you don't deserve the luck gif*

Edited by Odette Violet
  • Like 1