K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

10 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

Yeah, Seventeen gives "that guy who's always been there but you don't end up falling in love with until years later" energy :fan: They've always been successful domestically though, and I'd say their earliest breakout hit was "AJU NICE" back in 2016. But between them coming up with BTS, and having 13 members -  they're definitely coming into their own and peaking much later in their trajectory. I'd say when HYBE acquired Pledis in 2020 was a big turning point for them in terms of overall global standing. I personally didn't get into SVT until that Summer when they released "Left & Right" :allears:

Post some pretty pictures of mr scoops :allears:

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get what's wrong thirsting for Korean  idols that's literally the same old **** we been doing since Beethoven fan girls you can't change my mind thinking ATRL has been racist 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

Yeah, Seventeen gives "that guy who's always been there but you don't end up falling in love with until years later" energy :fan: They've always been successful domestically though, and I'd say their earliest breakout hit was "AJU NICE" back in 2016. But between them coming up with BTS, and having 13 members -  they're definitely coming into their own and peaking much later in their trajectory. I'd say when HYBE acquired Pledis in 2020 was a big turning point for them in terms of overall global standing. I personally didn't get into SVT until that Summer when they released "Left & Right" :allears:

I used to be torn about who the hottest member was in SVT between Mingyu and Jun, but after I watched those clips from Jun's recent drama, it became easy :blush:

390dd7feb13666003d26f5949bd87e777ebbb775

Edited by Pluto2022
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Selenasworld said:

I don't get what's wrong thirsting for Korean  idols that's literally the same old **** we been doing since Beethoven fan girls you can't change my mind thinking ATRL has been racist 

nothing is inherently wrong with it, it just gets boring when that becomes the topic for pages like it does occasionally 

• Like 4

Anything girl crush  > cute/colorful

The mentality of some of this western kpop tokkis. Girl crush wasn't even a thing yet when we already had f(x), 2NE1, 4Minute, SNSD doing every sense of that word but better :toofunny3:

Edited by Odette Violet

6 hours ago, Vrx. said:

ITZY will never have another hit again

:suburban:

The way I was just looking at their discography on Wikipedia before I saw this, and cake peaked at 22 on Cir le chart. They got their last certification from circle back in 2020. JYP is evil 😔 

5 hours ago, youresotoxic said:

it's a HIT :jonny5:

Sounds like a song to throw ass to! 

4 hours ago, Sonny said:

LaLegend the woman that you are. :jonny5:

When her tushy start to look like that? Either way, she looks fabulous 👌 

2 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

we really need separate boy group and girl group threads

Honestly given the popularity of this thread we might as well get an international pop section.

need RV3 to be EARLY November with teasers starting within the next week :'(

• Thanks 1

Red Velvet goes out for a night drive in the new teaser photos for 'The  ReVe Festival 2022 - Birthday' | allkpop

The Pussycat Dolls - When I Grow Up | Remastered 4K (2160p) 50 Fps - YouTube

Birthday is a cute bop but I was clowned thinking they're all gonna served us WIGU :'(

@Zack any insider reports if it's going to be pure velvet this time 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

The thing I find most weird about it is how kpop fans will sexualize the most innocuous things of all time. aespa has really been releasing **** anthem after **** anthem for 2 whole years and when people overly sexualize them it's creepy and everybody can acknowledge that, but when It's a man who's just going about his day singing regular ass basic songs and fully covered up in normal clothes the discussion here turns *****graphic. It seems kinda predatory because it's totally uninvited. If people talked about Lisa or Taeyeon the way they talk about male idols in here there would be RIOTS:pancake:

Fans objectifying and dehumanizing idols is a massive issue that goes beyond male idol stans being thirsty but the perversion of it in these scenarios is especially off putting to most of us.

Edited by Century
  • Like 1

• ATRL Administrator
12 minutes ago, Century said:

The thing I find most weird about it is how kpop fans will sexualize the most innocuous things of all time. aespa has really been releasing **** anthem after **** anthem for 2 whole years and when people overly sexualize them it's creepy and everybody can acknowledge that, but when It's a man who's just going about his day singing regular ass basic songs and fully covered up in normal clothes the discussion here turns *****graphic. It seems kinda predatory because it's totally uninvited. If people talked about Lisa or Taeyeon the way they talk about male idols in here there would be RIOTS:pancake:

Fans objectifying and dehumanizing idols is a massive issue that goes beyond male idol stans being thirsty but the perversion of it in these scenarios is especially off putting to most of us.

This is true

11 minutes ago, Century said:

They way you spilled nothing at all, girl do you remember Justin Bieber, Timberlake, 1D and NSYNC etc is not that they wear monk habits to perform , do they? KTRL is literally saints compared to what is out there, mostly p*rn fantasies 

• ATRL Administrator
18 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

IMG-8341.jpg
IMG-2696.jpg

Cmw4LlZVMAEZ2Dp?format=jpg&name=large
f4638ddb76173f31c6532d72829841f1.jpg

• Like 2

They never disappoint me

Can someone explain to me currently what's going on with the following companies:

Cube

FNC

CCM (idk what they're called now - T-ara's former company)

Pledis

:heart:

3 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

They never disappoint me

GAGidle is coming back and nobody told me?

1 hour ago, Odette Violet said:

And suddenly their original predecessors 2NE1 didn't existed and some more :cm:

BP is indeed the most successfully kpop girl group globally no doubt about that but Kpop boomers rewriting history when we all go through phases like dark concepts, sexy concepts and girl crush is something else :cm:

When BP debuted cute concept was a big thing in kpop  :cm: So the point wasn’t them being the first one doing GC, but being trendsetter. 

Edited by Dialamba

2 minutes ago, motherpills said:

GAGidle is coming back and nobody told me?

Queens are releasing an english album this friday. They dropped a pre-release already

Hip hop culture and dance music have been a part of kpop since literally the very first idol group. Gen 3 fans are so exhausting they all think their favs invented breathing. :rip: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kendoll2001 said:

:WAP:

Jungkook always managed to hang out with the hottest boys out there, get it gurl :jonnycat:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

When BP debuted cute concept was a big thing in kpop  :cm: So the point wasn’t them being the first one doing GC, but being trendsetter. 

They're trendsetter yes but the whole point of that tweet was basically creating a narrative they started ending it as if Kpop were all just rainbows, unicorns and bubblegum   :cm:

Ps: Red Velvet was also doing semi Girl Crush with their Velvet side. Shoutout to Bad Boy, Be Natural :cm:

Edited by Odette Violet