K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Speaking of trolls. What happened to that spicyageha user, are they Halien4Life for good? :eli:

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Kings :heart: It's nice that they have all gotten some rest before the comeback. Do you still think that they will announce the comeback this week? 

I don't think so, love 

Only If the trailer drops tomorrow, but the chances are low. I do think the comeback trailer will be out next week and the album release will most likely be on November 17 

9 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

Speaking of trolls. What happened to that spicyageha user, are they Halien4Life for good? :eli:

They got a 2 week ban last I heard but that was a long time ago. Probably went back to their main account. :eli:

Edited by Century

2 minutes ago, Century said:

They got a 2 week ban last I heard but that was a long time ago. Probably went back to their main account. :eli:

I thought ATRL is strict with users creating dupes :eli: 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

My boyz coming back at the same time aaaaa

spacer.png

Not good enough, I need a picture of him holding today’s newspaper

give us a wellness check sweatie

spacer.png

32 minutes ago, Zack said:

Well their whole management structure was turned upside down with LSM vs. the company and they haven't recovered yet. "SM 3.0" has NOT started well :skull:

I think it's sad that SM can be organized enough to give their male idols multiple comebacks/debuts this year, but RV has received nothing all year and is now forced to clash with aespa right at the end of the year. 

With aespa, I guess there's a bit less comeback preparation to do, since SM could be lazy and use the unreleased songs on the tracklist. They deserve better though, given how huge they are and they need a full album too.

SM canceling or delivering a rushed comeback after announcing it only after contract renewal negotiations were faltering? Color me shocked.:whistle2:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

I thought ATRL is strict with users creating dupes :eli: 

You would be surprised what goes unchecked. Some users that joined this year have an intimate knowledge of every major event in this thread's history. If people either don't care or can't pin exactly who there's nothing they can do.:eli:

@Witnessed ET @kendoll2001

I'm honestly impressed by how much longevity SVT has and how they managed to outlast most of their peers. They kinda had a slow start especially back when 3rd gen was dominating, like weren't they behind the likes of EXO, NCT and GOT7 etc. back then? I sometimes forget that they are 3rd gen group, since they reached their peak way later compared to most of their peers. Like SVT weren't even on my radar until like 2021, and I was surprised to find out that they debuted in 2015 :dies:

What song was their breakout song aka their "God's Menu"?

Edited by Pluto2022

1 minute ago, Century said:

You would be surprised what goes unchecked. Some users that joined this year have an intimate knowledge of every major event in this thread's history. If people either don't care or can't pin exactly who there's nothing they can do.:eli:

Well I know some of the major events and this base's history since I used to be an active lurker precovid here. I guess that's what had people under the impression I am someone's dupe :keir:

but endlessly trashing groups they don't stan and provoking fights out of thin air for a new account is indeed suspicious 

• Like 1

Jimin, face of the new Tiffany & Co 

All the bts members getting campaigns the SECOND they were announced as GBA (not even 6 months), while it normally takes ambassadors years

the fashion industry knows how to treat the members of the biggest group!

You know it's bad, when even your other SM friends in here are accusing you of being a dupe :redface: Has anybody still not found out who that Oddest user used to be? 

21 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

Well I know some of the major events and this base's history since I used to be an active lurker precovid here. I guess that's what had people under the impression I am someone's dupe :keir:

but endlessly trashing groups they don't stan and provoking fights out of thin air for a new account is indeed suspicious 

btw since pluto is trying to start **** again I definitely wasn't calling you a dupe. He wasn't ever the greatest at discerning what shade is directed at though. :chick1:

Edited by Century

5 minutes ago, Century said:

btw since pluto is trying to start **** again I definitely wasn't calling you a dupe. He wasn't ever the greatest at discerning what shade is directed at though. :chick1:

I put some of them on ignore. I'm not here for all that bs :sistrens:

10 minutes ago, Zack said:

You know this aged like milk, but they really made some points with this bop :clap3:

toanyone was such a good album and this banger was the original I AM THE BEST :clap3:

• Like 3

Not the gaslighting, when Mr. Odd himself thought that you were shading him and calling him a dupe as well :hoetenks:

Edited by Pluto2022

he really could’ve been the male taeyeon in a way :chick3:

That one brazilian tweet claiming BP ended the cutesy colorpop trend in Kpop and made Kpop internationally accepted, I love my BP girls but -  :toofunny3: 

38 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

@Witnessed ET @kendoll2001

I'm honestly impressed by how much longevity SVT has and how they managed to outlast most of their peers. They kinda had a slow start especially back when 3rd gen was dominating, like weren't they behind the likes of EXO, NCT and GOT7 etc. back then? I sometimes forget that they are 3rd gen group, since they reached their peak way later compared to most of their peers. Like SVT weren't even on my radar until like 2021, and I was surprised to find out that they debuted in 2015 :dies:

What song was their breakout song aka their "God's Menu"?

Yeah, Seventeen gives "that guy who's always been there but you don't end up falling in love with until years later" energy :fan: They've always been successful domestically though, and I'd say their earliest breakout hit was "AJU NICE" back in 2016. But between them coming up with BTS, and having 13 members -  they're definitely coming into their own and peaking much later in their trajectory. I'd say when HYBE acquired Pledis in 2020 was a big turning point for them in terms of overall global standing. I personally didn't get into SVT until that Summer when they released "Left & Right" :allears:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

That one brazilian tweet claiming BP ended the cutesy colorpop trend in Kpop and made Kpop internationally accepted, I love my BP girls but -  :toofunny3: 

B-but they did, all the girlies were doing GC because they thought they could replicate their success :cm:

• Like 1

Just now, Dialamba said:

B-but they did, all the girlies were doing GC because they thought they could replicate their success :cm:

And suddenly their original predecessors 2NE1 didn't existed and some more :cm:

BP is indeed the most successfully kpop girl group globally no doubt about that but Kpop boomers rewriting history when we all go through phases like dark concepts, sexy concepts and girl crush is something else :cm: