K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Just now, Sept said:

Name any other successful female soloist from 2nd gen who is not Taeyeon (and Sunmi for a brief moment)? :celestial5:

Yuri and Yoona are very successful in their acting career and Hyo is her DJ career

I mean... they fumbled their soloist careers as singers. Tiffany and Seohyun had potential to be bigger.

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

NEED the SM building to collapse rn

9 minutes ago, Hitchhiker said:

break my heart SM always used him as a distraction bait everytime anything went down with EXO/SM and he always got hate I just hope his mental health is fine and he’s seeing someone.

And we had a user here acting daft, quoting exols with," WhY WouLd SM sPread malicious rumours against their oWn group members?!" . Now, we have it from member themselves.

1 minute ago, naomi24 said:

I mean... they fumbled their soloist careers as singers. Tiffany and Seohyun had potential to be bigger.

They... left

I mean, it's very difficult to make it as a soloist, esp after turning 30. And it's not even a Korean or SM thing, it's been a hot topic on ATRL on how most popstars fade after turning 30 

5 minutes ago, Sept said:

Name any other successful female soloist from 2nd gen who is not Taeyeon (and Sunmi for a brief moment)? :celestial5:

IU?

Fast Forward is so good?? :jonny5:

eurodance slutty pop at it's FINEST!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sept said:

They... left

I mean, it's very difficult to make it as a soloist, esp after turning 30. And it's not even a Korean or SM thing, it's been a hot topic on ATRL on how most popstars fade after turning 30 

well they left for a reason.

:giraffe: my point still stands. There are many missteps the management has been making for several years or else their biggest acts wouldnt be suing them left and right. Plus all the internal drama with the hybe-kakao deal out means we dont even know how bad it is behind the scenes.

And Im not saying YG and JYP are better

Is aespa's better version of Friends a part of the Kwangya canon or is it just a fun little thing they decided to do?

2 minutes ago, rzal said:

still fuming tiffany young abandoned her career :biblionny: she could have been a rina sized pop girl

She's working on an English album atm. After the pandemic made SNSD accidentally take a 5 year hiatus she didn't really have a choice.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Flomik said:

IU?

Ex-girlgroup member i mean :deadbanana:

You can always succeed after turning 30 Sia and other are examples and in particular Korea has ton like literally tons of AC equivalent artists that are older for idols standards is just it's another market easily Baekhyun and Taeyeon can transition to that audience 

i mean.. were we really expecting anything different?

this was another noiseCT unit from the start

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

i mean.. were we really expecting anything different?

this was another noiseCT unit from the start

well if aespa and RV can be different i don't see why this group can't be :rip:  

If they are listening they can still prevent a Boy Next Door situation 

every company do missteps

but SNSD management is the best from 2nd gen girlgroups

let's be real

Tiffany in her first opportunity left Korea pursuing an american career

also for her really happen in Korea, they would need sacrifice Taeyeon 

SNSD Taeyeon the biggest soloist from a group 

Yoona is a very very successful actress

and all the other girls have their own solid brand too 

Edited by dlwlrma
  • Like 4

Somi really didn't disappoint, Fast Forward is such a banger :WAP:

HOW MANY HOW MANY HOW MANY

FAST FORWARD

RNvg3AU.gif

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lashun said:

And we had a user here acting daft, quoting exols with," WhY WouLd SM sPread malicious rumours against their oWn group members?!" . Now, we have it from member themselves.

Please SM staff had the times of their lives going on forums typing mad about Jongdae being a father and how “hard” it was on THEM!! Not the man whose family was harassed daily and had people threading his wife and children with violence 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, naomi24 said:

no really but years of watching him as a fan i have my impression that he is a person who has some personal struggles with being an idol etc. and at the same time is very loyal to the exo brand and his fans. He seems the kind to read negative **** abt him and beat himself down over how people view him. He looked like he was abt to cry or smthing. This SM mess is clearly hurtful to him i hope he really has a good support system.

I agree off stage he really does seem troubled esp after discharge and the whole CBX - SM thing, his food eating habits are worrying too, I really hope his family and the rest of EXO are there for him

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

uploading the entire set :jonny5: aespachella or bpchella could never 

Nn Coachella wouldn’t let you tho :skull:

Mind you Taeyeon is only behind IU as the biggest soloist in Kpop history🤭 not even the army member bulkbuying and billboard Fruad placements can change that. 
Yoona ate Suzy up and outlasted every 2nd Gen & 3rd Gen Idol main it girl and actress. 🤭

-Tiffany works with The legendary Babyface, one of the greatest R&B pioneers ever and held a sold out American tour on her own. Something most Kpop groups in general are still struggling to do this summer🤭

-Seohyun’s only EP Topped Korean Album charts and world Album charts at Number 1, and Billboard at #3 making it the biggest Kpop album in America in January 2017. This was before BTS broke that record later that year by being the first to have thier album debut #1 on the chart for multiple weeks. 🤭People forget Seohyun paved the way. Also SNSD & TTS charted on Billboard years prior but people like to erase them from the history books🤣 

-Yuri is currently on a Sold out Fanmeet across all of Asia. And even tho she is just performing here one album and OhGG! Songs she is still filling up Arenas and venues all summer long🤭

-Hyoyeon on an extensive Festival run.
Performing festivals and events across South was Asia. 

Taeyeon & Jessica are self explanatory. They have the records, sales, and acclaim to prove my point. The narrative that only Taeyeon and YoonA are the only successful soloists is just factually wrong. The only soloist that don’t make noise is sunny. But even Sooyoung is a business women and her solo adventures are more profitable and impactful in the entertainment industry then like 95% of all female idols in 2nd and even 3rd Gen 🤭

Honestly outside of the BlackPink Girlies, Sunmi, Chungha, and Hyuna, BoA and Hwasa …. I can’t even name 10 major Pop Girl soloist that rival SNSD member soloist:dies:

Edited by Gorjesspazze9
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1