K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

6 minutes ago, uusagii said:

Please think and hard why a group of minors making mediocre music led by a creative director infamously renowned for pedophilic imagery is making the biggest waves in a genre already known for its mistreatment of minors. Please think about that before you come for me about "no critical points or thinking skills" LMAO

You would have to be actually sick in the head to see anything newjeans has done since their debut as sexual. The lyrics to cookie were odd but that's about it. The imagery is very normal teen pop group type stuff with bunnies and cardboard purses.

Edited by Century

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, ItsJustMe. said:

the way the protagonist is actually 14 years old

it's getting weird I fear...

every random, off-base accusation is actually a confession

Just now, Century said:

You would have to be actually sick in the head to see anything newjeans has done since their debut as sexual. The lyrics to cookie were odd but that's about it. 

Hey, my hill to die on isn't a K-pop girl group full on minors blatantly sexualized by a bunch of middle-aged corporate drones for the masses, but you do you

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, uusagii said:

Hey, my hill to die on isn't a K-pop girl group full on minors blatantly sexualized by a bunch of middle-aged corporate drones for the masses, but you do you

where's this "pedophilic imagery" freak

we need receipts asap

8 minutes ago, Century said:

where's this "pedophilic imagery" freak

we need receipts asap

Go look at Min Hee-jin's career trajectory and controversies

Also LMAAAAOOO you're really going to throw Sailor Moon, a beloved franchise and a source of nostalgia for most (gay) adults today who grew up with the show under the bus, just to defend a K-POP GIRL GROUP? Are you serious? Like..........really babes?

Edited by uusagii
Forgot to include "under the bus" lmao

3 minutes ago, uusagii said:

Go look at Min Hee-jin's career trajectory and controversies

Also LMAAAAOOO you're really going to throw Sailor Moon, a beloved franchise and a source of nostalgia for most (gay) adults today who grew up with the show, just to defend a K-POP GIRL GROUP? Are you serious? Like..........really babes?

You have no idea what you're talking about. Coke behavior.

Bring the receipts or shut the **** up. These are very serious accusations you're throwing around over some lowest common denominator basic radio pop music. Did seeing their festival crowd really make you that jealous for your flop favs?

Edited by Century

3 hours ago, Zack said:

This new version of Hold On Tight though :superman:

Omg so they giving Hold On Tight a well deserved performance? :superman:

I'm so sad I wasn't able to snatch the tickets for the Chile date.

They should book more dates in Latin America and bigger avenues. I bet they would do great.

• Like 3

newjeans' most viewed videos on youtube:

1. Hype Boy official audio - 201m views

2. Attention official audio - 151m views

3. OMG official audio - 146m views

Their songs are literally more popular than their visuals   :giraffe:

haters really make newjeans sound like AKB48 with the way they moan and groan. but nothing that newjeans has done is as racy or exploitative as Tzuyu's underage elevator ad or BTS' maknae line flashing their abs onstage at 15-17.

Edited by Kwangya
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

IVE are local as is Wonyoung 

An international flop

xjaa6Of.gif

So like a Sistar 2.0?

But improved since IVE can do fan meets and tour. 

xjaa6Of.gif

2 hours ago, Century said:

I wish they had deals like BPs metlife concert where they're handing out free tickets to anybody who's willing to subject themselves to 3 hours of Jisoo's off key yelping and Jennie's horrible performing that either she or blinks will invent a condition to excuse it with after the fact. With deals like that I could attend the whole tour. 

xjaa6Of.gif

The audacity when Adspa will never play to an audience even half as big as born pink tour :giraffe:

Bp handing out free tickets? Where sis bp actually has matching streams sales touring which Aespa not anyone currently active from sm can say. We can talk about the fraud sales 

4 minutes ago, Kwangya said:

haters really make newjeans sound like AKB48 with the way they moan and groan. but nothing that newjeans has done is as racy or exploitative as Tzuyu's underage elevator ad or BTS' maknae line flashing their abs onstage at 15-17.

Blinks were so quick to lay out those MHJ accusations and the sheep were too eager to cosign it and now we have locals who have never even seen any of pre-NJ Min Heejin's output talking a huge amount of **** about it because they saw something on twitter once or whatever. Amber's visuals were offensive but not for that reason!

Jealous stan lying is actually the biggest hurdle to kpop in the west right now.

Edited by Century

3 minutes ago, Century said:

You have no idea what you're talking about. Coke behavior.

Bring the receipts or shut the **** up. These are very serious accusations you're throwing around over some lowest common denominator basic radio pop music. Did seeing their festival crowd really make you that jealous for your flop favs?

How does my faves that eat **** and work the roads just to make a living have anything to do with K-pop idols that have massive labels backing them up LMAO

You know what, enjoy your girl group. It's really not my fault if you're willingly ignoring just why having a bunch of minors in an industry as such as K-pop is beyond ****** up

2 minutes ago, spicyaegha said:

The audacity when Adspa will never play to an audience even half as big as born pink tour :giraffe:

Bp handing out free tickets? Where sis bp actually has matching streams sales touring which Aespa not anyone currently active from sm can say. We can talk about the fraud sales 

Not a stink talking about fraud sales when y'all are the reasons cbar sales are a thing :cooldown:

2 minutes ago, uusagii said:

How does my faves that eat **** and work the roads just to make a living have anything to do with K-pop idols that have massive labels backing them up LMAO

You know what, enjoy your girl group. It's really not my fault if you're willingly ignoring just why having a bunch of minors in an industry as such as K-pop is beyond ****** up

okay stan of people who were minors in the same industry :rip:

every post of yours is more embarrassing than the last one. :rip:

Edited by Century

so f****** embarrassing :toofunny2: just leave the thread

imagine getting this worked up over teenage girls making pop music

anyways, stream Cool With You on your way out!

Edited by SandyJeans

2 minutes ago, Century said:

okay stan of people who were minors in the same industry :rip:

every post of yours is more embarrassing than the last one. :rip:

???????
Literally only Fiona was (apparently). And every one of the artists I've put down on my signature or whatever built their careers according to their own accord, with no dirty 40 year old telling them what to do, sing, and wear. Anyways, like I said, enjoy your girl group!

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Century said:

Not a stink talking about fraud sales when y'all are the reasons cbar sales are a thing :cooldown:

And bp china bar sales actually match their digital sales and stream from china :giraffe:

Something that Adspa can’t say

at least us stinks support and listen to bp music while all you sm sheep do is start fanwars and lie like this…

#176-OUT remember

1 minute ago, Century said:

Blinks were so quick to lay out those MHJ accusations and the sheep were too eager to cosign it and now we have locals who have never even seen any of pre-NJ Min Heejin's output talking a huge amount of **** about it because they saw something on twitter once or whatever.

Jealous stan lying is actually the biggest hurdle to kpop in the west right now.

I don't even care to defend MHJ, but the simple fact is that literally every K-pop company is exploitative of minors. JYP is infamous for giving sexy concepts to underage idols like Hyuna and Natty, I mean just watch Sixteen if you want to feel outraged  :coffee2:

BigHit made Jimin and Jungkook do very questionable things when they were teenagers, SM is the king of exploiting their idols, and YG was literally implicated in a scandal where real women were r*ped. And YG is coming out with babymonsters in a couple of months :biblio:

If k-pop stans cared nearly as much about minors as they claim to, they would just boycott the music industry altogether instead of just dragging newjeans, but we all know that's not the real reason they're so angry.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, uusagii said:

???????
Literally only Fiona was (apparently). And every one of the artists I've put down on my signature or whatever built their careers according to their own accord, with no dirty 40 year old telling them what to do, sing, and wear. Anyways, like I said, enjoy your girl group!

https://www.betterhelp.com/

1 hour ago, Mitsuki said:

Actually, It does. You were answering to Pluto's post mentioning Stray Kids outstreamed TXT on US this year and how they are still charting in Artists Category saying they only did due their full-length released. 

But It isn't true. They outstreamed TXT on US even prior their full-length release with data from January to late May. 

spacer.png

I think you misunderstood my post. Obviously skz has been outstreaming txt this whole time. They're a year older, not to mention they released more materialist year and an ep late in the year. Txt only released one EP with a lackluster single in the middle of last year. Them outstreaming them all year is not an accomplishment. 

12 minutes ago, Century said:

Blinks were so quick to lay out those MHJ accusations and the sheep were too eager to cosign it and now we have locals who have never even seen any of pre-NJ Min Heejin's output talking a huge amount of **** about it because they saw something on twitter once or whatever. Amber's visuals were offensive but not for that reason!

The audacity to blame this on blinks :giraffe: 

Them accusations where coming the week nj debuted and all blinks where talking about was bp comeback. 

3 hours ago, Zack said:

It seems they put on an incredible show 

F2weIMnb0AE3XHI.jpg

F2xEDlbWsAAIl8m.jpg

F2wtlQiW4AActkJ.jpg

F2wgygrWcAAr-nn.jpg

The most beautiful ocean :alexz3:

3 hours ago, Zack said:

And some of the "theatres they booked outside of Japan" in question...

2880px-Crypto.com_arena_drone_shot_early_2023.jpg

The_O2_3_1508583655.jpg&action=ProductDetailProFullWidth

palacio-de-los-deportes-domo-de-cobre.jpg

Dôme de Paris - Palais des Sports (Paris (15 th ), 1960) | Structurae

Who would have thought a 2.5 year group with nerdy sound and concept can already do arenas in a market who'll prolly find them revolting :chick2:

3 hours ago, Century said:

200m spotify streams pays out to 600k-1m USD. The rates are even worse for Youtube and (especially abysmal) Melon. In reality one or two aespa concerts can outgross/outearn the entire careers of certain groups who only exist on streaming.

xjaa6Of.gif

We love a Spotify posion but can actually tour and draw in crowds :clap3:

44 minutes ago, Century said:

Not a magic girl anime made for little girls. I knew the call was coming from inside the house with your insanely bothered post. 

Not you shading the Most Influential and Iconic Female Character of all time who pioneered the anime boom as a global export like that. Miss Usagi is a Gay and Feminist Icon. Put some respect to her name sis :bam:

Edited by Odette Violet

1 minute ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

I think you misunderstood my post. Obviously skz has been outstreaming txt this whole time. They're a year older, not to mention they released more materialist year and an ep late in the year. Txt only released one EP with a lackluster single in the middle of last year. Them outstreaming them all year is not an accomplishment. 

What do you expect? It’s delusional skz stans here? They think their favs are the next kings of the industry with no HIT in sight :giraffe:

• Thumbs Down 1

Not a sailor moon stan talking about creep behavior

mamoru-usagi-mang.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=48

new jeans haters simply less developed brains:bibliahh:

• Haha 1

Mys shitting on Spotify streams is like why bg stans crap on melon charting

if adspa gave even a presentable performance on there it would be a completely different story :giraffe:

instead they still haven’t been able to out chart their career high of 17 days on Spotify global:heart: