K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

23 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

is Stray Kids the biggest JYP act? biggest album sales, youtube snd spotify streams and now huge tour numbers

can someone confirm

spacer.png

I believe it's still Twice. Stray Kids are the second biggest JYP acts tho.

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

Why have none of you f slurs made this into a hit gif yet?

8 minutes ago, siratakexxx said:

Only Hyein is Global Ambassador (Gucci), the rest of NJs girlies are House Ambassador.

Jisoo ate the white girl in this newest Dior Campaign

Hyein? I thought It was Hanni?

5 minutes ago, LiamVillain said:

Hyein? I thought It was Hanni?

Yeah her, Hanni i mean

Not really ha fan, but she really suites this blonde. Are ITZY coming back in the summer?

25 minutes ago, siratakexxx said:

Jisoo ate the white girl in this newest Dior Campaign

And DID!

11 hours ago, Mitsuki said:

@discreetinside was probably right all the time, It's most likely a full album

Glad they didn't pull Asepa My World :clap3:

I can see them doing 3m preorder this time around considering Maxident did 2.37M. Maybe even 4M if JYPE desperate enough to release 4 digits amount of photocards for Stays to collect.

I like that it's been named 5 stars as the tribute for their breakthrough hit God's Menu Felix killing lines that released in the same month.

BO8gLoR.gif

Just now, discreetinside said:

Glad they didn't pull Asepa My World :clap3:

I can see them doing 3m preorder this time around considering Maxident did 2.37M. Maybe even 4M if JYPE desperate enough to release 4 digits amount of photocards for Stays to collect.

I like that it's been named 5 stars as the tribute for their breakthrough hit God's Menu Felix killing lines that released in the same month.

BO8gLoR.gif

I'm believing in the 4M pre orders now

They released the digipacks in pre orders for the first time ever

And this album has one more standard version than they usually release

spacer.png

It’s kinda crazy how normal it’s becoming for kpop groups to casually have millions of pre-orders 😭 came a long way. I am still kinda shocked

imma need bang me chan and co to outsell bts too like how mingyu and co outsold the bots :gaycat2:

7 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

It’s kinda crazy how normal it’s becoming for kpop groups to casually have millions of pre-orders 😭 came a long way. I am still kinda shocked

Remember when we thought it had reached it’s peak :redface: the fact stats are bigger and bigger every year

4 minutes ago, Park Jinyoung said:

Remember when we thought it had reached it’s peak :redface: the fact stats are bigger and bigger every year

Yeah I really never expected Kpop to become as global as it has in just the past 5 years. Like, High School me never could image Kpop artist Performances at Coachella, Topping Billboard Charts consistently, and touring major stadiums. They bigger here then some main Mega Stars here in America 😆

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

18 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

RIP 

wowowowoowwoow they really are the biggest currently active boy group in the world :clap3:

4 hours ago, New Edition said:

WOW

Their trailers are always so next level.

I'm so curious as to why Stray Kids hit as big as they did but Got7 couldn't quite reach that same level of success despite arguably having all the ingredients. I LOVED Got7 at the time man.

Well JYPE just have zero clue on how to manage Got7. Plus Got7 spend their early years on the condition where JYPE was on the verge of bankruptcy due to investors pulling out the JYPE share after the failed acquisition from LOEN (now Kakao Entertainment) so they can't afford to do all these experimentation and the songwriters/producers stuff like what Stray Kids did. Plus they spend their last few years at JYP being managed by Division 2 which is the least competent JYP divisions further mismanaged the group which leads to them not renew their contract and leaving JYP.

Mind you Stray Kids didn't get any success from the beginning as well. They spend their first 2 years of their career getting dragged left and right by antis (mostly from Army, Moa, Atiny, nctzen, and even some of ahgase) being the biggest flop out from the Big 3 companies. They hit their lowest point on Clé: Levanter era when Woojin leave SKZ allegedly on a very bad term and the era rollout was messy to the point everyone saying they're over. Things get better for them after their breakthrough hit God's Menu and their popularity was growing exponentially since.

BO8gLoR.gif

Not the first member of Boynextdoor being a 2009 liner, more toddlers are coming. :rip:

2 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

Not the first member of Boynextdoor being a 2009 liner, more toddlers are coming. :rip:

it’s over, it’s cancelled.

20 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Yeah I really never expected Kpop to become as global as it has in just the past 5 years. Like, High School me never could image Kpop artist Performances at Coachella, Topping Billboard Charts consistently, and touring major stadiums. They bigger here then some main Mega Stars here in America 😆

The way Britney Spears really pushed this **** and now it’s outselling every genre out there. Thank you for making this the most viable genre in 2023, Britney :heart2: 

1 minute ago, Eternium said:

The way Britney Spears really pushed this **** and now it’s outselling every genre out there. Thank you for making this the most viable genre in 2023, Britney :heart2: 

I doubt Britney even knows what a Korea is at this point

spacer.png

32 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

imma need bang me chan and co to outsell bts too like how mingyu and co outsold the bots :gaycat2:

I just know they're hella mad right now about 2 bgs outsell their favs in 2023.

Edited by discreetinside

11 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

I just know they're hella mad right now about 2 bgs outsell their favs in 2023.

better discography, hotter men, men who can sing and rap + actually talented I know they're fuming FUMING :gaycat2:

13 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

I doubt Britney even knows what a Korea is at this point

spacer.png

That doesn’t change the fact that she launched BoA and DBSK and we’re just living in the echos of her impact. Thank you, Ms. Britney 

spacer.png