K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

since NMIXX, TREASURE and ATEEZ are bigger than them.

sis bye. Stayc might not have huge physical sales like those groups but they performed billion miles better digitally than those flops. Overall, still better than the other 3. 

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, DelRey said:

1. IVE

2. Aespa

3. Stray Kids

4. New Jeans

5. LesSerafim

6. TxT

7. G Idle

8. Enhypen

9. Itzy

10. StayC

I don’t really follow any of these groups, but I don’t think Aespa is top 2 anymore. I feel like they’ve been bumped down to at least top 4 just basing off this list. I think NJ and LSFM are above them now if we’re talking domestically and I would put SKZ above them internationally so I would say Aespa are at #5 right now going by your list

5 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

The groups mentioned are correct except for StayC, since NMIXX, TREASURE and ATEEZ are bigger than them. However the order you made is a little bit controversial  :cupid:

Domestically STAYC is above them, but internationally TREASURE & ATEEZ are definitely above them, not sure about NMIXX tho

1 minute ago, fais_2311 said:

sis bye. Stayc might not have huge physical sales like those groups but they performed billion miles better digitally than those flops. Overall, still better than the other 3. 

STAYC only has digitals over them while they have album sales + touring + streams over STAYC, soooo? 

But I will say tho lol

i just saw that NMIXX has crossed 800k with their recent release and I’m sorry, but something is just so fishy about their sales and has been from the beginning. When I tell you I don’t see ANYONE talking about them outside of this thread. Where are all those sales coming from?

and y’all told me they would decline losing Jinni, it seems like the opposite has happened lol

Edited by Mel.

Just now, Pluto2022 said:

Wait isn't Hikaru and Dayola also popular? 

Not really. I’m struggling to trade their photocards sis. I have lot of them. I even sell the photocards for very cheap price and can ship globally but no one want them :deadbanana4: I used to think Hikaru was really popular too but I guess for the photocard collectors, visual is the main factor for them to collect a member

Why is BP the only gg that outsell GIRLS after a year?

they are definitely in top 3 gen4 group

14 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Everything combined 

It’s hard, all I know it’s that these groups are the top 4th groups:

Stray kids, IVE , Newjeans , Aespa, Txt , LSRFM, G idle, Enhypen,Itzy, Stayc, Nmixx,Treasure . 

Some people will rank them based on their physicals sales : Stray kids and Aespa, based on their spotify streams New Jeans and Stray kids 

based on their digitals points: IVE and New jeans,

based on YouTube views: Stray kids and Itzy based on China:  Aespa and G idle,

base on Japan: Stray kids,Txt  

based on touring: Stray kids and Treasure

Some will based their ranking on groups overall talents: NMIXX :cm:

21 minutes ago, DelRey said:

1. IVE

2. Aespa

3. Stray Kids

4. New Jeans

5. LesSerafim

6. TxT

7. G Idle

8. Enhypen

9. Itzy

10. StayC

AESPA sneak at #2. They are #4 at best

53 minutes ago, Fadedlights said:

Once again their company showing how much they hate Bahiyyih :deadbanana2:

On a side note I finished listened to IVE's album and solidly feel 6/11 of them which is pretty good in my book as I usually don't vibe with a lot of kpop bsides. But man I can't imagine them singing these songs live. Backtrack and pre recorded vocals will be saving them. It just sucks how they can have good music, but probably can't do these songs justice live. :katie:

They can just send Liz to sing entirety of the songs like this :gaycat2: Problem solved!

ggIg9ip.gif

9 minutes ago, Mel. said:

But I will say tho lol

i just saw that NMIXX has crossed 800k with their recent release and I’m sorry, but something is just so fishy about their sales and has been from the beginning. When I tell you I don’t see ANYONE talking about them outside of this thread. Where are all those sales coming from?

and y’all told me they would decline losing Jinni, it seems like the opposite has happened lol

they have like 60 versions of photocards and will do fansign events for 3 or 4 months to digest these sales:cm:

16 minutes ago, fais_2311 said:

Tragic. So many fans decide to stop bulk buying. And even the photocard collectors too were turned off by the popularity different between the members. People only looking to buy and trade photocard for these 3 only; Xiaoting, Bahiyyih & Chaehyun. I chose not to buy their album too this time. I have so many Hikaru, Yeseo, Dayeon, Youngeun, Mashiro photocards to trade for Bahiyyih & Xiaoting but no one want these members :rip: 

Zero fun at all unlike collecting for Lesserafim. Every members are in demand. I’m so surprised Eunchae is so popular. I thought no one will want to trade or buy her photocards. I was so wrong. Main Kpop Toddler :clap3:

Mnet should have rig the line up ! Too many fillers members (starting with Yujin :coffee2:

11 minutes ago, Mel. said:

But I will say tho lol

From their debut to their latest album sales, it is definitely all fraud.

No way their trashy songs can attract any fanbase to buy their albums :deadbanana:

I put Aespa at #2 because they still have the sales record for Girls mini, the song with more points with Next Level, popular members (Karina's C bar, Winter goes viral every month), they have sold out concerts at Japan without a debut there and because I'm a stan obviosly :flower2:

I include StayC because they keep growing organically and they dont come from a big company.

Nmixx are frauds and a flop

Edited by DelRey

We've clowned far too many times but tomorrow is the day I fear :jonny5: 

9 minutes ago, Adama said:

Mnet should have rig the line up ! Too many fillers members (starting with Yujin :coffee2:

!!!! 

Yujin, Yeseo, Mashiro, and Youngeun are replaceable. 

Imagine the sales if they were replaced by Ruiqi, Yurina, and Yaning. 

10 minutes ago, Mel. said:

Domestically STAYC is above them, but internationally TREASURE & ATEEZ are definitely above them, not sure about NMIXX tho

7 minutes ago, Mel. said:

But I will say tho lol

HITMIXX are a JYP group so they are bound to be successful at some level, and they aren't even established enough for 1 member's departure alone to have such a big negative impact on the group + they also just scored their first hit with their recent comeback without Jinni as well. Their streaming numbers are not bad either and I also see them a lot on social media, where people always mention how talented they are etc.

But I can understand why people would be skeptical about their album sales, but I highly doubt they are fake or anything. 

5 minutes ago, fais_2311 said:

Not really. I’m struggling to trade their photocards sis. I have lot of them. I even sell the photocards for very cheap price and can ship globally but no one want them :deadbanana4: I used to think Hikaru was really popular too but I guess for the photocard collectors, visual is the main factor for them to collect a member

Then why is WAKEONE forcing Dayola down people's throats?????????????? :redface: At least IVE, 4Minute, Miss A, Astro etc. all payola'd the most popular member that people cared for :rip:

Btw, how does the photocard business and trading even work in the Kpop community? Is it very big thing in the Kpop community like Pokemon cards or something? Where do y'all even trade or sell them? 

3 minutes ago, Adama said:

It’s hard, all I know it’s that these groups are the top 4th groups:

Stray kids, IVE , Newjeans , Aespa, Txt , LSRFM, G idle, Enhypen,Itzy, Stayc, Nmixx,Treasure . 

Some people will rank them based on their physicals sales : Stray kids and Aespa, based on their spotify streams New Jeans and Stray kids 

based on their digitals points: IVE and New jeans,

based on YouTube views: Stray kids and Itzy based on China:  Aespa and G idle,

base on Japan: Stray kids,Txt  

based on touring: Stray kids and Treasure

Some will based their ranking on groups overall talents: NMIXX :cm:

Well :keir:

5 minutes ago, Hay Amores said:

Yujin, Yeseo, Mashiro, and Youngeun are replaceable. 

Then again, Limelight just sold 35k albums, and those were not replaced.

:cm:

51 minutes ago, DelRey said:

1. IVE

2. Aespa

3. Stray Kids

4. New Jeans

5. LesSerafim

6. TxT

7. G Idle

8. Enhypen

9. Itzy

10. StayC

Stray kids above NewJeans? be for real PLZ

7 hours ago, playboi said:

This being better than I AM in both the music and video departments :redface:

They’re incredible. 

Why does Yunjin kinda look like Jisoo in some shots?

24 minutes ago, newaespa said:

From their debut to their latest album sales, it is definitely all fraud.

No way their trashy songs can attract any fanbase to buy their albums :deadbanana:

Tbf, NMIXX have been doing better than both aespa and ITZY on Spotify ever since they debuted. So I wouldn't exactly call them fraud. 

Though it looks like Hold Me Tight is about to be aespa's biggest Spotify hit to date :jonny3: They will soon beat the "Spotify poison" allegations I fear :clap3:

Edited by Pluto2022

Stray Kids has the best selling albums and the highest grossing tore of all of 4th gen. They're absolutely the biggest 4th gen group overall.

the other girls have some quick little singles I guess

michael-jackson.gif