K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

48 minutes ago, Get said:

Wasn't YG accused of mediaplaying about Big Bang's japanese tours where apparently a lot of concerts weren't selling out completely? They did something similar with Blackpink's japanese arena tour in 2018 too I think.

I think The Nikkei concert mobilization power list which the link is about only counts the total capacity of the venues not the actual attendance of the concerts. So if 40,000 people attend a concert or 50,000 people attend it the list counts it as 50,000 if the venue has that capacity.

YG used to mediaplay so much

YG said BP sold 50,000 tickets per night at Kyocera dome while it was 36,009

and let’s not even talk about BB, their fans would report that they sold 100M records worldwide 

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

NMIXX are so crazy talented its insane. NMIXX on average vocally shits on every K-pop girlgroup not named MAMAMOO like-? :deadbanana4: God Me Like This is actually a bop too! Haewon, Kyujin, Sullyoon being all main vocal worthy if they were put in any other K-pop group. Not to mention Sullyoon will never have the talentless visual accusations since she has both the prettiest tone in the group and the agility that comes with it, Sullyoon carrying the talented visual title on her back must be giving her back pains.

JYPE going from TWICE, ITZY to monster talents NMIXX is such a kii :deadbanana2: like what was the training team doing going from those groups to a 7 membered GG who can all sing and dance :toofunny3: Like ITZY are crazy performers but Lia and Yeji are mid tier vocalists are best, not to mention they're forced to sing at keys their vocal chords aren't naturally built for. Give NMIXX TWICE songs and watch them smash trust!

13 minutes ago, Cain said:

I’m still not over the Unforgiven trailer :jonny2: ART!

They truly brought art in POP i fear! Unforgiven will probably win the acclaim wars. A cowboy banger like this would be :jonny5:

Edited by MingYouToo

23 minutes ago, Josh said:

@Witnessed ET@WeFoundWillIf Blackpink had remained 9 like it was concepted pre-debut do you think they would have had the same success as 9? Also do you think Miyeon suited Blackpink vocal wise? 

Probably not. Their success is mainly due to the individual branding and marketing of each member as distinct contributors to the group with their own unique charms. If it was 9 members, that would have been difficult. 
also Miyeon is a better vocalist than any of the current 4 girls so she would have elevated the group vocally of course. But dancing and performing wise, she would have probably fallen behind because she’s a Jisoo level performer at best. 

Edited by Witnessed ET

Just now, Witnessed ET said:

Probably not. Their success is mainly due to the individual branding and marketing of each member as unique contributors to the group with their own unique charms. If it was 9 members, that would have been difficult. 
also Miyeon is a better vocalist than any of the current 4 girls so she would have elevated the group vocally of course. But dancing and performing wise, she would have probably fallen behind because she’s a Jisoo level performer at best. 

A lot on YouTube (the ones who make line distribution videos) think that Miyeon is Jisoo's vocal twin do you hear it? I think Miyeon sounds more like Taeyeon or Rose

1 minute ago, Josh said:

A lot on YouTube (the ones who make line distribution videos) think that Miyeon is Jisoo's vocal twin do you hear it? I think Miyeon sounds more like Taeyeon or Rose

I don't hear the Jisoo comparison. I kinda see the Rose/Bom ones.

Just now, Xalric said:

I don't hear the Jisoo comparison. I kinda see the Rose/Bom ones.

Miyeon sounded so much like Rose in the DUMDi DUMDi chorus

Just now, Josh said:

Only maybe when she sings on a lower register tone-wise. Miyeon’s lower register has a very beautiful depth kinda like Jisoo’s, but obviously Miyeon’s technique is way better. Otherwise she mainly sings on a higher scale in Gidle songs. 

Not them did better than 4th gen boy group with mission song :jonny6:

Acutally that's v impressive that BP are able to be the most followed and viewed YT channel. They came on the scene when YT was established, and didn't ride the wave of popularity that comes with rising social media (like influencers on Tiktok right now, for example, or a bunch of dumbass gamers on Twitch and clones).

Obviously a lot of this is very good marketing from YG, but it's also a testament to how powerful a good girl group can be when given proper support. 

2 minutes ago, elevate said:

Acutally that's v impressive that BP are able to be the most followed and viewed YT channel. They came on the scene when YT was established, and didn't ride the wave of popularity that comes with rising social media (like influencers on Tiktok right now, for example, or a bunch of dumbass gamers on Twitch and clones).

Obviously a lot of this is very good marketing from YG, but it's also a testament to how powerful a good girl group can be when given proper support. 

do you think this would be possible if they had as many comebacks as other ggs did? 

Queendom 2 was a disaster so I condole every group who is going to participate in that Puzzle thing

15 minutes ago, Josh said:

do you think this would be possible if they had as many comebacks as other ggs did? 

Doubt it. I would include staggered comebacks under "good marketing", as it raises hype / allure in a way that other agencies can only wish for. They followed a similar template to 2NE1 but YG learned from their mistakes and were more focused with BP's ambitions globally. 

40 minutes ago, Josh said:

Do you think them being 4 is one of their advantages? 

Yes, it makes them extremely marketable to international audiences who crave ‘individuality’ and personality. Their strength is that no member is left behind, they all have their individual brand and are all global ambassadors of fashion houses. They’re all seen as distinct from one another yet on the same level of fashionable and admirable. Lisa is the cutthroat rapper and dancer, Jennie is the princess, Rosé is the artkid and Jisoo is the mature goofball. They all claim a spot while still working as a collective

All of that would be lost with more members 

12 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Queendom 2 was a disaster so I condole every group who is going to participate in that Puzzle thing

At least we got this gem out of it

Edited by Josh

4 minutes ago, saucy said:

oh :celestial5:

Seriously F Starshit 

who though that it’s was a good idea to send them to mubank paris before the comeback.. They just arrived this morning then go straight to the press con :ace:

32 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Probably not. Their success is mainly due to the individual branding and marketing of each member as distinct contributors to the group with their own unique charms. If it was 9 members, that would have been difficult. 

Miyeon is worse than Jisoo? Maybe I haven't watched enough of (G)i-dle's performances.

It's not shocking but still :( 

1 minute ago, Gwendolyn said:

It's not shocking but still :( 

Why is this Enhypen again!? :coffee2:

I swear these boys will all suffer from mental health.

the gap is getting smaller but new IVE bout to come in 8mins :toofunny3: