K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

It's kinda interesting and impressive how SHINee managed to outlast Super Junior and having a way better reception among new Kpop stans etc... Super Junior used to STOMP on SHINee during 2nd gen from what I have read, but Super Junior suddenly fell off while SHINee had way more longevity. SHINEE might be the most respected boy group in the industry by kpop fans I think? Like everybody like them I feel like

Edited by Pluto2022

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Josh said:

The only female rappers in Kpop that challenge Soyeon are LE, Hyuna and CL

Bffr 

brigitte-nielsen-confused.gif

1 minute ago, Witnessed ET said:

Wait, you might be onto something with Han, almost forgot about that ACE :gaycat2:

but you know who else can do it all? Mr Kim Woojin ofc :bird:

idk if Woojin can rap/write/produce like Han but Woojin can definitely outsing everyone in his generation and that's a fact.

britdance.gif

7 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

where is the person who tried to pull a fast one and say that Jungkook, the underwear model with the Anne Frank haircut, is more talented than legendary 4th-gen allrounder Han Jisung???

britdance.gif

I know Jisung would agree with me :coffee2:  Here is 19-year-old Jungkook and 22-year-old Jisung for comparison :heart:

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

It's kinda interesting and impressive how SHINee managed to outlast Super Junior and having a way better reception among new Kpop stans etc... Super Junior used to STOMP on SHINee during 2nd gen from what I have read, but Super Junior suddenly fell off while SHINee had way more longevity. SHINEE might be the most respected boy group in the industry by kpop fans I think? Like everybody like them I feel like

Huh? Super Junior was commonly shat on, they were the representative 2nd gen boygroup people would point and laugh at.  :foxaylove3:

4 minutes ago, Hazy said:

literally what I have been saying :clap3:

what makes him stand out is the it factor and Armys

Yeah I mean it’s one thing to praise him about being the ace of the group who can do it all, but saying there’s NOBODY else on his level is peak delusion I think.

7 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Somi is the perfect definition of that too. :matty:

Somi kinda fits that description yes, actually we have a lot of female jacks of all trades who are better than her…but I thought we were talking about males :coffee2:

39 minutes ago, Hazy said:

we’re not talking about whole groups but about certain members, yes? why bringing up Hyunjin when he’s not the topic at all? 

I’m not saying BP are some dancing and singing machines - what makes them stand out is their charisma and it’s the same for Jungkook 

sure, he’s the better dancer (questionable in comparison to Lisa, maybe not on tour but isn’t she kinda limited there), I don’t think he’s better singer than Rosé, but I’m talking about the average performance, not either dancing or singing 

maybe you have some example of his outstanding performance? maybe I missed something :rip:

You said some members of Stray kids are better performers or more talented than him. That’s why I said who? Hyunjin? 

Regarding the average performance JK is better than the Pinks. Rosé vocals wouldn’t survive if she have to do a intense full choreography. 

When they are performing live,I think him and R are not different. 

32 minutes ago, Rhythm said:

Key far outpaces Jungkook in the dance department and Jonghyun was far more multifaceted. 

Jungkook was an odd choice for a set standard regardless, because he excels at nothing within his own group. :skull: He just happens to be the most well-rounded, and has perhaps the best capability above all with vocals. At most that gives him an edge over 2/5 SHINee members, and that's being generous.

Kei is a better sincer but he’s nowhere a better dancer than JK be serious. JK wash him, just with the ON performance  

The debate was about Hazy saying that JK was MID, which is false since he’s one the most well rounded male idols and the best dancer among the famous male ACE like Baekhyun, Taeyang, Kei and Gd. 

28 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

SHanbin and Jiwoong impact I fear.

Did GP999 songs ever received the similar reception like this?

lol ofc not :rip:

4 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Nobody took SJ seriously during 2nd gen, they were always stan driven and not actually popular in the real world like NCT is now.

Before the past few weeks of random lashings from armys on ktrl the only previous SHINee haters I ever saw were literally just homophobes who thought SHINee was too lgbt. :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, hétérosexuelle said:

Hyuna and The Minutes invented EATING with this BOP

:loud:

And this Wednesday is the 11th anniversary of this release.

Which lead to a new interpretation to those "Volume Up" lyrics.

:cm:

59 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

I do not need HYBE Hogs coming around and calling SHINee overrated when every male group that horrid company has produced has been directly influenced by them. Just because they arent the most popular bg ever doesn't mean they aren't impactful. 

This is lowkey the best kpop song ever

4 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

idk if Woojin can rap/write/produce like Han but Woojin can definitely outsing everyone in his generation and that's a fact.

britdance.gif

I think he can definitely write well judging by the songs in his debut mini, idk about producing and stuff. But yes, vocally he’s one of the best and he’s a pretty good dancer while singing LIVE as well

so already a better ace than most :gaycat2:

Can the stray cats can show us a LIVE performance of Han when he sings ?

Im interested ?

______

We all love King Kei but people on here are really lying saying that JK is not the better dancer lol 

Since I have already triggered the blink lemme fully commit by informing them that CB are the upgraded version of BLACKPINK and deserved their success

Not 2 pages of ktrl talking about JK :deadbanana4:

He is a good performer but an Ace? :toofunny3:

Atp, Kitsch is really going to block I AM bc IVE never debuted a TT with more than 370k uls :biblio:

2 minutes ago, Adama said:

Can the stray cats can show us a LIVE performance of Han when he sings ?

Im interested ?

______

We all love King Kei but people on here are really lying saying that JK is not the better dancer lol 

britdance.gif

12 minutes ago, Gaia said:

It’s called JYP getting desperate. If this was aespa everyone would be calling it sajaegi but maybe it’s because no one cares about this group :rip: 

Uhm, you do know JYP has legit beef with Melon right, which is why none of the JYP artists were either nominated or invited at their award show? There are even rumors about Melon trying to sabotage JYP artists on their streaming platform. 

8 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Wait, you might be onto something with Han, almost forgot about that ACE :gaycat2:

but you know who else can do it all? Mr Kim Woojin ofc :bird:

Woojin is an amazing singer, but he used to be the weakest dancer of SKZ. + he's not a rapper either

3 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

Huh? Super Junior was commonly shat on, they were the representative 2nd gen boygroup people would point and laugh at.  :foxaylove3:

1 minute ago, Century said:

Nobody took SJ seriously during 2nd gen, they were always stan driven and not actually popular in the real world like NCT is now.

Before the past few weeks of random lashings from armys on ktrl the only previous SHINee haters I ever saw were literally just homophobes who thought SHINee was too lgbt. :bibliahh:

Mr. Simple, Sorry Sorry, Bonamana are bigger than any SHINee song though + they have also sold more than SHINee. Weren't Super Junior BIGBANG's rivals? 

55 minutes ago, BellKat said:

Girl, the prediction says Jisoo is out of the chart. OUT. I am not asking for a #1, that's ridiculous.. did you all even read the first post I quoted?

I am literally wondering why she can't chart at #80-70 like her bandmates? And some blinks are mentioning remixes or VPN as if the other members didn't chart at some point.

The song is just flopping in the West, can blinks take the L without bending backwards to deviate attention?

so jisoo is the outlier, okay? the song is a top 40 entry in the UK and Australia which constitutes the West as well. 

You want to cream about her flopping in America, go ahead….what L is there to take if she’s doing fine in the aforementioned places + Korea? Jennie didn’t chart either but that doesn’t take away from Solo being a hit. 

1 minute ago, kendoll2001 said:

Jungkook’s Future Nostalgia is coming :gaycat5:

Bang PD shaped like a cartoon apple

Apple-jokes-for-kids.jpg

britdance.gif

3 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Weren't Super Junior BIGBANG's rivals? 

No. Anybody who sold you on that idea was a lying ELF. There were/are several more popular with the real general public boy groups. BB's closest rival was SNSD and even then they went after different demos so it would be impossible to compare.

britdance.gif

Edited by Century

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

Woojin is an amazing singer, but he used to be the weakest dancer of SKZ. + he's not a rapper either

Woojin+SKZ was 4 years ago sis, he’s amazing now judging by his tour performances :gaycat2:

55 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Jisoo did not chart on the Hot 100. Like, at all.

thoughts and prayers tho

britdance.gif

i’m perfectly fine with the whatever the results seeing as tho she’s performing perfectly fine elsewhere :heart2:

nice to see you on top of everything Blackpink per usual :heart:

ELF were so pressed about SNSD being SMs representative 2nd gen group that they were calling SNSD wh*res and getting into literal fist fight with Sone. 

britdance.gif