K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

1 minute ago, smates said:

Also, Jisung is absolutely the most talented SKZ member but if y'all think he is a better performer than Jungkook, I'm leaving :rip:

leave

britdance.gif

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Century said:

Whats up with all the crusty 3rd gen BG stans randomly coming at SHINee lately? It's not Key's fault that he has more vocal and dancing talent alone than your favorite group's entire lineup combined. I feel like I'm seeing anti-shawol clowns here daily recently. :bunny:

The Kings of Kpop remained relevant in the kpop scene receiving much less hate than everyone else:bunny: Even the gg stans like them  
If you are too acclaimed ofc some people will say you are overrated, it's natural:bunny:

1 minute ago, armink said:

Key cannot dance as well as JK, sorry but its the truth! :celestial4:

JK couldn't sing live and stay on pitch for more than 10 seconds at a time if his literal life depended on it. Geriatric Key at his big age still wipes the floor:bibliahh:

Just now, dlwlrma said:

The Kings of Kpop remained relevant in the kpop scene receiving much less hate than everyone else:bunny: Even the gg stans like them  
If you are too acclaimed ofc some people will say you are overrated, it's natural:bunny:

I'm just so confused though because this is an extremely recent trend and SHINee only haters were alt-right trolls before like 2021. Even at their peak when they were outselling, outcharting, forcing music shows to set win limits, and sweeping daesangs like they were the janitor I never saw this energy. Is it that 3rd gen groups are dying down and now they have to compete in the hag bracket with SHINee? :deadbanana4:

• ATRL Administrator

Not this k-pop rapper discourse. K-Rappers are the only kind that should be compared to western artists. K-Pop idol rappers aren’t in the same league. 

why are y'all arguing over Jungkook, the full-time webcam model?

britdance.gif

Just now, Ryan said:

Not this k-pop rapper discourse. K-Rappers are the only kind that should be compared to western artists. K-Pop idol rappers aren’t in the same league. 

most K-Pop idol rappers only rap because they can't sing

britdance.gif

Not some of y'all trying to drag Stray Kids into the topic that not related to them at all :deadbanana4:

14 minutes ago, armink said:

Shinee has to be the most overrated group by kpop fans as a whole, and especially by sheep. Only Taemin is an ace like JK. All the other members are a tier below in dancing, especially considering Shinee's choreo has never been as intense as BTS.

And before the sheep lose their mind, yes Shinee can sing and yes Shinee has plenty of good music. 

Key far outpaces Jungkook in the dance department and Jonghyun was far more multifaceted. 

Jungkook was an odd choice for a set standard regardless, because he excels at nothing within his own group. :skull: He just happens to be the most well-rounded, and has perhaps the best capability above all with vocals. At most that gives him an edge over 2/5 SHINee members, and that's being generous.

4 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Now hold on!! Since when? Spill the tea!! 

I was really into them in 2020 and I loved their more r&b infused and laidback songs, I had their albums on loop but NOEASY kinda threw me off and it’s hard to go back :rip: but I still have sentiment for them and think they are solid group 

Just now, Century said:

meanwhile on Earth where this choreo is harder than anything BTS has attempted solo despite being much younger and "more talented"

This is why Army had such a bad reputation years back. Your either lack of cultural awareness or just complete delusion is too much. :bibliahh:

And we were talking about Minho, where are HIS performances??? Also Key's choreo is not more complex than something like Begin or My time :ahh:He was only 19 during this performance btw

You're also putting words in my mouth - I never called BTS more talented??? I am SPECIFICALLY talking about JK being more of an ace than Shinee members sans Taemin. The other members are simply NOT as good dancers as him and it is really not that hard to accept that. 

I already said Shinee are WAY better singers than BTS and I already agreed that they have an important legacy in K-pop. It is only delusional sheep/2nd gen stans like you who cannot even accept the most MINOR concessions to 3rd/4th gen stans who are wholly embarrassing. 

2 minutes ago, armink said:

And we were talking about Minho, where are HIS performances??? Also Key's choreo is not more complex than something like Begin or My time :ahh:He was only 19 during this performance btw

You're also putting words in my mouth - I never called BTS more talented??? I am SPECIFICALLY talking about JK being more of an ace than Shinee members sans Taemin. The other members are simply NOT as good dancers as him and it is really not that hard to accept that. 

I already said Shinee are WAY better singers than BTS and I already agreed that they have an important legacy in K-pop. It is only delusional sheep/2nd gen stans like you who cannot even accept the most MINOR concessions to 3rd/4th gen stans who are wholly embarrassing. 

The only embarrasment is the video you posted and the number of times you've doubled down when ALL generations of kpop fans are scalping you in this thread currently. :bunny:

Edited by Century

11 minutes ago, Adama said:

not them already charting better than the boys, stray kids, Ateez,treasure and Enhypen :bibliahh:

SHanbin and Jiwoong impact I fear.

Did GP999 songs ever received the similar reception like this?

Edited by discreetinside

I love Minho but I don't think he can outdance any of the good dancers in BTS tbh :rip: He keeps up with his members though which already puts him above a lot of non-main-dancer members of k-pop groups.

He could arguably outsing everyone in BTS except Jungkook, though, which is.........interesting.

I do wish I AM was sung in a lower key

Yujin struggling with that autotuned belting in the chorus snippet

britdance.gif

3 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

why are y'all arguing over Jungkook, the full-time webcam model?

britdance.gif

one thing he’s best at - being underwear online advertiser 

2 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

Not some of y'all trying to drag Stray Kids into the topic that not related to them at all :deadbanana4:

I feel like the topic was changed a couple of times already, don’t worry, they moved to Shinee already :rip:

2 minutes ago, Rhythm said:

Jungkook was an odd choice for a set standard regardless, because he excels at nothing within his own group. :skull: He just happens to be the most well-rounded, and has perhaps the best capability above all with vocals. At most that gives him an edge over 2/5 SHINee members, and that's being generous.

thank you! that’s literally what I was trying to say 

8 minutes ago, Adama said:

None of the Stray kids guy can outsing him live JK, did you saw their performances :bibliahh:? Who’s out singing him? Chanbin? And they aren’t touching BTS rap line or BTS dance line especially when they have Hyunjin as a main dancer Lmfao. 

Seungmin and Jungcock are on the same level vocally. Changbin and Han are amazing rappers. Hyunjin is not even the best dancer of SKZ? The only reason JYP gave him the main dancer title along with Lee Know, is because they wanted 2 main dancers and 2 lead dancers in SKZ, just like how JYP gave Mina the main dancer title along with Momo even though there's a huge gap between her and Momo. 

I just woke up to the Le Sserafim MV trailer before, and wow they ATE. They used some of that Antifragile money for this comeback.

1 minute ago, Century said:

The only embarrasment is the video you posted and the number of times you've doubled down when ALL generations of kpop fans are scalping you in this thread currently. :bunny:

Don't worry I'm not going to be losing sleep over the opinions of out of touch ATRLers :ahh: You really are incapable of any real discussion so I'm gonna end this discussion here :monkey:

No real human being outside of this thread would consider Key to be a better dancer than JK but you are free to keep living in your dreams I guess :heart:

• ATRL Administrator
7 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

most K-Pop idol rappers only rap because they can't sing

britdance.gif

And some, like Sehun, have no talent at all. 

The irony of a BoTS using the phrase real human being. Thanks for taking the L and leaving though. the italicized-user surpassing levels of delusion was unwanted. :bunny:

You know aespa are my fave 4th gen group but I wish I was loving Hold On Tight like everyone  else. I don't think I've even played it 20 times. I'll be a bit sad if its a sign of what their new sound is and they drop the experimental sound completely  as that's what attracted me to them. :foxaylove3:

The way I take time to watch every recommended video but everyone else replies in a second just to repeat their own opinion instead of listening to others' arguments :rip: what are we even discussing if we are not open-minded here :rip:

Just now, smates said:

The way I take time to watch every recommended video but everyone else replies in a second just to repeat their own opinion instead of listening to others' arguments :rip: what are we even discussing if we are not open-minded here :rip:

this is atrl not the united nations 

britdance.gif

1 minute ago, smates said:

I think we're all well aware of the 2 singers and 4 1/2 dancers in BTS and their varying levels of capability in one but not the other at this point. It's been almost a decade of digital terrorism from Army. 

britdance.gif

Edited by Century