K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

You're all so messy. Can't we just go back to praising lessakurafim trailer. 

2 minutes ago, karlo_98 said:

I didn't know they're charting on MelOn now. :coffee2:

Yes Korea is waking up. Their Rollin' is coming :duca: 

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/27/2023 at 11:14 AM, Adama said:

Just 100K uls left before they enter the top 10 of Melon !  

sis, your prophetic words :jonny5: :jonny5: :jonny5:

number of ULs flies when you're the most talented group ever!

lWVLUcJ.gif

Whats up with all the crusty 3rd gen BG stans randomly coming at SHINee lately? It's not Key's fault that he has more vocal and dancing talent alone than your favorite group's entire lineup combined. I feel like I'm seeing anti-shawol clowns here daily recently. :bunny:

1 minute ago, discreetinside said:

I can help that (at least for 4th gen bgs members) :giraffe:

to be honest Han is the first male idol from the 4th gen that comes to my mind when I think about a skilled all rounder 

JYP has some serious gems 

1 minute ago, Hazy said:

and you would put those capable idols you mentioned together with Jungkook? he’s able to carry a note while dancing (which should be bare minimum) but so are Blackpink even though they are no Mariahs too and they are dragged in here on a daily  :deadbanana4: 

I won’t lie, I’m not that into boy groups so I won’t make any **** up, I had Stray Kids phase and they have more capable members than BTS so I’m not impressed by Jungkook or any BTS member like I was when I was first introduced to kpop 

but maybe boy group stans can educate us and give examples! 

also, when it comes to people like Jungkook, it just comes down to the star factor, not some outstanding skills 

and I won’t even start it with female idols and female western artists because it would be embarassing for him, but like I said, the standard is different for the male stars and it’s sad 

Yes? Outside Kei, Baekhyun and Taeyang, JK is obviously a better singer than GD and BI. And among all of them he’s by far the best dancer like, let’s be real ? 

Sadly singing and performing live is not the bare minimum in Kpop anymore. 

None of the Stray kids guy can outsing him live JK, did you saw their performances :bibliahh:? Who’s out singing him? Chanbin? And they aren’t touching BTS rap line or BTS dance line especially when they have Hyunjin as a main dancer Lmfao. 

And we all know here that I’m a blink and I love their performances, but I’m not delusional to say that they are on par with him. He can outperforms them with ease. Especially if you compare what type of performance he’s doing compared to BP. And Rose and him are on par in term of live singing (not the best among their peers). + He performed harder dance choreographies than Lisa.

SHINee is lowkey the only bg that matters.

literal excellence on all fronts (and backs :eli:).

lWVLUcJ.gif

4 minutes ago, Century said:

Even their version of a useless visual outdances and outsings 5/7 BTS members. Be serious troll. They're directly the reason for boy groups having more intricate and technical choreo. Even your fav's fav talks about how every other active idol RUNS to watch SHINee rehearse.:dies:

Minho most definitely does not outdance Jimin, J-Hope, JK, or V :ahh:Even Suga has a B-Boy background :ace: Their choreo might have been intricate and technical for 2nd gen, but it's definitely not comparable to the complexity of choreo from 3rd gen on. 

I knew I would burst some blood vessels with this opinion :rip: I'm not denying Shinee's legacy, I just fear times have changed and I feel like people look at their abilities through rose-colored lenses

1 minute ago, armink said:

Minho most definitely does not outdance Jimin, J-Hope, JK, or V :ahh:Even Suga has a B-Boy background :ace: Their choreo might have been intricate and technical for 2nd gen, but it's definitely not comparable to the complexity of choreo from 3rd gen on. 

I knew I would burst some blood vessels with this opinion :rip: I'm not denying Shinee's legacy, I just fear times have changed and I feel like people look at their abilities through rose-colored lenses

No people look at their abilities from recent performances and weigh them against lip sync autotune twinks with two left feet. You're apparently blind and deaf though so I don't blame you for thinking that.

13 minutes ago, worldwide angel said:

so bc they don’t have a number one they don’t have western appeal despite racking up a plentiful of top 40 hits? 

they may not be #1 smashes but at least they can chart for more than 3 weeks 

Girl, the prediction says Jisoo is out of the chart. OUT. I am not asking for a #1, that's ridiculous.. did you all even read the first post I quoted?

I am literally wondering why she can't chart at #80-70 like her bandmates? And some blinks are mentioning remixes or VPN as if the other members didn't chart at some point.

The song is just flopping in the West, can blinks take the L without bending backwards to deviate attention?

We need a live perfomance ASAP.

spacer.png

Feeling kind of wonderful, feeling kind of wonderful.

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, ItsJustMe. said:

people love to shade minho because he's the weakest singer in the group

but he still sings better than most male idols and has a very nice low voice :heart2:

this song :'( 

ppl clown on him because next to SHINee he looks unimpressive but if you dropped him into any other boy group lineup, he'd be a universally acclaimed ace :dies:

Edited by Century

5 minutes ago, Hazy said:

to be honest Han is the first male idol from the 4th gen that comes to my mind when I think about a skilled all rounder 

JYP has some serious gems 

Yes they did

1 minute ago, Century said:

No people look at their abilities from recent performances and weigh them against lip sync autotune twinks with two left feet. You're apparently blind and deaf though so I don't blame you for thinking that.

And where are these recent performances that show he is a better dancer than those members? He has NEVER attempted choreo as complex so the material is just not there for comparison. Just accept you are a bitter hag who cannot even accept the most minor losses for your faves :toofunny2: 

I will never forget this SHINee performance where the backtrack wasn't playing for any of the artists during the performances and every single group got read for filth by netizens EXCEPT SHINee because they just sang completely over the backtrack while dancing :deadbanana2: @ 21:40

Also peep Taemin's pants ripping straight down the crotch at the end.

16 minutes ago, Hazy said:

I had Stray Kids phase

Now hold on!! Since when? Spill the tea!! 

15 minutes ago, armink said:

Shinee has to be the most overrated group by kpop fans as a whole, and especially by sheep. Only Taemin is an ace like JK. All the other members are a tier below in dancing, especially considering Shinee's choreo has never been as intense as BTS.

And before the sheep lose their mind, yes Shinee can sing and yes Shinee has plenty of good music. 

Key is more well rounded than any BTS member

11 minutes ago, karlo_98 said:

I didn't know they're charting on MelOn now. :coffee2:

Media are picking up their global achievements and records so Koreans have no other choices than check the song :duca:

7 minutes ago, jqnetto said:

sis, your prophetic words :jonny5: :jonny5: :jonny5:

number of ULs flies when you're the most talented group ever!

lWVLUcJ.gif

It was bound to happen after their good encore :clap3:

Truly in their Fearless era! 

I'm not familiar enough with Shinee to make comparisons but the given examples are not giving, I'm sorry :rip: I know they are all better vocalists (Onew and Jonghyun in particular are phenomenal) but I meant performers and I just know any random person on the street would rather watch JK.

Also, Jisung is absolutely the most talented SKZ member but if y'all think he is a better performer than Jungkook, I'm leaving :rip:

imagine how crazy of a group we woulda got if yves was also part of this new jaden group 

22 minutes ago, worldwide angel said:

so bc they don’t have a number one they don’t have western appeal despite racking up a plentiful of top 40 hits? 

they may not be #1 smashes but at least they can chart for more than 3 weeks 

Jisoo did not chart on the Hot 100. Like, at all.

thoughts and prayers tho

britdance.gif

2 minutes ago, Adama said:

Yes? Outside Kei, Baekhyun and Taeyang, JK is obviously a better singer than GD and BI. And among all of them he’s by far the best dancer like, let’s be real ? 

Sadly singing and performing live is not the bare minimum in Kpop anymore. 

None of the Stray kids guy can outsing him live JK, did you saw their performances :bibliahh:? Who’s out singing him? Chanbin? And they aren’t touching BTS rap line or BTS dance line especially when they have Hyunjin as a main dancer Lmfao. 

And we all know here that I’m a blink and I love their performances, but I’m not delusional to say that they are on par with him. He can outperforms them with ease. Especially if you compare what type of performance he’s doing compared to BP. And Rose and him are on par in term of live singing (not the best among their peers). + He performed harder dance choreographies than Lisa.

we’re not talking about whole groups but about certain members, yes? why bringing up Hyunjin when he’s not the topic at all? 

I’m not saying BP are some dancing and singing machines - what makes them stand out is their charisma and it’s the same for Jungkook 

sure, he’s the better dancer (questionable in comparison to Lisa, maybe not on tour but isn’t she kinda limited there), I don’t think he’s better singer than Rosé, but I’m talking about the average performance, not either dancing or singing 

maybe you have some example of his outstanding performance? maybe I missed something :rip:

Just now, Pluto2022 said:

Now hold on!! Since when? Spill the tea!! 

Key is more well rounded than any BTS member

Key cannot dance as well as JK, sorry but its the truth! :celestial4:

not them already charting better than the boys, stray kids, Ateez,treasure and Enhypen :bibliahh:

2 minutes ago, armink said:

And where are these recent performances that show he is a better dancer than those members? He has NEVER attempted choreo as complex so the material is just not there for comparison. Just accept you are a bitter hag who cannot even accept the most minor losses for your faves :toofunny2: 

meanwhile on Earth where this choreo is harder than anything BTS has attempted solo despite being much younger and "more talented"

This is why Army had such a bad reputation years back. Your either lack of cultural awareness or just complete delusion is too much. :bibliahh: