Billboard YE charts (final predictions)

DesiredConsternation

17 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

#3 according to this: 

But the fact that Heat Waves, a holdover from 2021, tops the list shows that there really wasn't a true dominant streaming hit in 2022. The big ones, Super Gremlin and WDTAB, are largely forgotten by now. We already have 2 hits in the 2023 tracking year, in Anti-Hero and Rich Flex, that are bigger than anything we had in 2022.

Super Gremlin is 4X Platinum eligible after a year

WDTAB did seem to kind of fizzle out when the album started dropping though

It's definitely too early to say how Anti Hero & Rich Flex will perform in the long run compared to 2022. Anti Hero though, has huge fan support digital sales wise.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pride4jc1222

• PoisonPill

• Brando

• Armani?

On 11/26/2022 at 6:48 AM, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

Hot 100 looks pretty weird. Cold Heart so high. Shivers at #5? Damn…

Cold Heart spent 52 weeks in the chart, it only peaked at #7 because radio didn’t give it a push. It would have easily gone top 3 if radio gave it the similar treatment as Don’t Start Now and Levitating, possibly her first #1.

Shivers also spent 52 weeks on the chart and 19 of them in the top 10. So I’m not surprised by this one at all. However, radio definitely helped its longevity unlike Cold Heart. 

I was most surprised to see Ghost in the top 10, but then I realized it also spent 52 weeks on the chart too.

On 11/26/2022 at 7:27 AM, Xder said:

However both are big hits what can't be said about big energy and gremlin...:huh:

Just say you don't listen to urban music and go.

Adele top female album and top female song iktr :clap3: in her flop era too

Adele the only solo female in the top 10 streaming songs

crystal-rhobh-intro-pose.gif

On 11/26/2022 at 11:12 AM, Assassin said:

I wonder what placement Heat Waves will have on the All Time chart

I think when it is all said and done, I think Billboard will correct the multipliers for 2019-2022, and Heat Waves will finish right around Circles and Levitating on the all-time list. Here’s a modified list up to 9/10/2022 (HW charted for 6 weeks after this): 

I just can’t see Billboard keeping the current multipliers and having BL and Stay in the Top 3 just a year apart. Stay being above Uptown Funk is ridiculous.

It looks like the Billboard Year End charts will be revealed tomorrow: 

It just gets earlier and earlier each year. Next year, it will probably be revealed in November, and soon enough, probably in October.

Doja with her 7 entries making her da top female act on da Hot 100 for 2022

Here is the official 2022 Billboard Year End chart: https://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end/hot-100-songs/

The Top 10 is as expected. The first surprise was Wait For U beating out About Damn Time for the #11 spot. Unholy sneaks in at #98.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.