• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pride4jc1222

• PoisonPill

• PoisonedIvy

• Sweet Sexy Savage

50 minutes ago, terrorblade said:

Shivers was THAT big?:skull:

Its radio payola was big. It was charting in the H100 chart for some weeks despite being out of AM and Spotify Top 100 USA 

1 hour ago, Klein said:

Tbh that's great. She's pretty much guaranteed top 2 artist next year too then. 

And that means she became top 6 on the Hot 100 Artist YEC with only two weeks :bibliahh:

Well ATW is also in there.

But yeah she is all but guaranteed #1 artist next year and top 5 on the Hot 100

2 hours ago, Shendelzare said:

the way I've only listened to AIW and EOM :rip:

2 hours ago, Bindi said:

This 

Really? 

You couldnt avoid most of these songs. I only dont have any idea how Super Gremlin sounds like and I'm surprised to see Big Energy on this list, was it really that big?

1 hour ago, Superbitch said:

And y’all still wonder who should get album of the year ? Miss bad bunny :clap3:

:eek: @ big energy I was told by some magas of Music the biggest song by a female rapper was a different one :eek:

Big Energy charted for 51 of the 52 tracking weeks on the Hot 100 and you expected another song to accumulate more points?

Only spent 18 weeks on the streaming charts though :rip: a big hit indeed

Arent 9/10 of these hits from 2021? The charts have never been this dry :toofunny3:

Edited by JennyWayne

53 minutes ago, naval23 said:

Adele having the #1 female album and song of 2022 damn :clap3:

in her "flop" era :clap3:

Interesting to see Easy On Me, the "radio-driven" song, being the most streamed female single of the year :sistrens:

Adele making 4 of these lists despise the album being called a massive flop and EOM being called a radio hit :rip: 

Taylor and Doja placing in the top 10 for hot 100 but have no songs in the top 10? 

2 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Taylor and Doja placing in the top 10 for hot 100 but have no songs in the top 10? 

Having lots of song entries with good placements or great longevity for all 12 months helps boost an artist on the H100 artists chart (since they’re getting points from multiple songs all year long) way more than having just one big song giving you points for like 3, 4, or 5 months of the year. 

Just now, WeFoundTrouble said:

Having lots of song entries with good placements or great longevity for all 12 months helps boost an artist on the H100 artists chart (since they’re getting points from multiple songs all year long) way more than having just one big song giving you points for like 3, 4, or 5 months of the year. 

Where do you think Taylor and Doja’s highest placement for their songs would be? In the top 20? Top 30?

Just now, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Where do you think Taylor and Doja’s highest placement for their songs would be? In the top 20? Top 30?

I’m definitely no expert at this but I’d guess All Too Well is probably floating between 50 and 70 or something like that?. But really It’s those 2 weeks of all deluxe 20 songs from Midnights charting right before the cutoff that really gave Taylor a huge leap into the H100 top 10 though, the Red TV singles alone wouldn’t have done it. 

For Doja though, Vegas, I Like You, and Woman all did pretty good this year. I think Vegas would probably be her biggest and I guess it’s somewhere after 20 but before 40? 

Congrats to Bad bunny and Taylor for their domination.

The other girls just can't compete.

tumblr_p7a7x2acKG1qk7scno1_540.gif

22 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Dua having a top 10 song on Hot 100 YEC for 3rd year in a row :clap3:

The most important takeaway from that list

ezgif.com-gif-maker.thumb.gif.7342e659ce

Kinda boring for a song from mid-2020 to be the YEC #1. AIW clearly feels like the Song of the Year. 

How did Shivers snatch #5? I assume almost entirely from airplay?

22 hours ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Yes? That shouldn't be surprising, the YEC only includes the first two weeks of Midnights, it's incredibly she dominated the YEC so much.

Edited by PoisonPill

30 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

Kinda boring for a song from mid-2020 to be the YEC #1. AIW clearly feels like the Song of the Year. 

How did Shivers snatch #5? I assume almost entirely from airplay?

AIW only felt like the song of the year on radio. It really wasn't that big outside of radio, as evidenced by its only spending 2 weeks at #1 on radio. Plus, it has been outside the Top 20 on Spotify for weeks now, and it isn't even 9 months yet. Heat Waves was in the Top 10 of Spotify for like 18 months.

Yep, Shivers is radio-driven (just like Big Energy).

On 11/26/2022 at 7:27 AM, Xder said:

However both are big hits what can't be said about big energy and gremlin...:huh:

Super Gremlin is the #1 or #2 streamed song of the year in the US? :huh:

26 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Super Gremlin is the #1 or #2 streamed song of the year in the US? :huh:

#3 according to this: 

But the fact that Heat Waves, a holdover from 2021, tops the list shows that there really wasn't a true dominant streaming hit in 2022. The big ones, Super Gremlin and WDTAB, are largely forgotten by now. We already have 2 hits in the 2023 tracking year, in Anti-Hero and Rich Flex, that are bigger than anything we had in 2022.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.