What's the goal of the anti-woke movement? To make everyone straight again?

anti-bitch

I mean, I really wonder what these Elon Musks and Ben Shapiros of the world think is gonna happen in the future. The megatrends are clear: younger generations increasingly identify as LGBTQ, support for gay marriage is going up every year, and church attendance is falling/people are becoming more atheist/agnostic.

I guess they want everyone to be straight, cis and religious. But that's not gonna happen. That ship has sailed.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anti-bitch

• ButterflyXIII

• Communion

• swissman

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Liberals don't believe in making babies. Its the right who continues to breed like p*gs producing 4-9 kids per couple... so RW will always be there and probably increase in future 

4 minutes ago, coolblue said:

Liberals don't believe in making babies. Its the right who continues to breed like p*gs producing 4-9 kids per couple... so RW will always be there and probably increase in future 

But there's a plenty of gay and even trans conservatives at this point. So the LGBTQ is here to stay. And that includes the people that don't wanna identify with a label but have same sex attractions anyway.

The goal is to provide talking points for conservative grifters who don’t have any real policy proposals. 

2 minutes ago, DonSiblon said:

This is the woke movement today and it will be the downfall of America > 

I think the extreme elements on both sides are a problem.

Just now, DonSiblon said:

the fact these teachers think this is okay is disturbing. they give the alt-right ammunition to use against us so brazenly.

the anti-woke movement is just a way for people who are too obstinate to realise that they are putting arbitrary restrictions on other people’s lives to exercise their power over people. the woke movement itself has done a lot of ridiculous things in the pursuit of progress and they should definitely face justified criticism for it, but the anti-woke movement is such an embarrassment that i can’t help but laugh at them.

1 minute ago, Nano said:

Plenty of gay and bisexual people are anti-woke. Get out of your echo chamber.

I'm not in any echo chamber. You can't tell me that many anti-woke are somehow supportive of gay people in general. Absolutely not.

And I think woke itself has become a buzzword that gets used against anything that goes against the direct interests of straight white evangelicals.

I think the "woke" movement being about realizing the inbalances in power structures, the unfair treatment of SOME people, the expansion of understanding about gender, race, ability, religion, etc. means the anti-woke movement just wants us all to go back to a time when people didn't have the voice to call out injustice, or felt they had the personal power to go against the general system.

People who are anti-woke really just want everyone else to not talk about issues and pretend like the 1950s were ideal for everyone, not just people like them (ie. white Christian straight people).

And the cherry-picking of probelmatic "woke" people doesn't really prove anything. There are going to be stupid people of all times, saying and doing things that are awkard or outright wrong.

1 minute ago, swissman said:

I think the "woke" movement being about realizing the inbalances in power structures, the unfair treatment of SOME people, the expansion of understanding about gender, race, ability, religion, etc. means the anti-woke movement just wants us all to go back to a time when people didn't have the voice to call out injustice, or felt they had the personal power to go against the general system.

People who are anti-woke really just want everyone else to not talk about issues and pretend like the 1950s were ideal for everyone, not just people like them (ie. white Christian straight people).

And the cherry-picking of probelmatic "woke" people doesn't really prove anything. There are going to be stupid people of all times, saying and doing things that are awkard or outright wrong.

Thank you! I agree. The anti-woke people just wanna highlight the few crazies they find. And they also highlight detransitioned people but never the supermajority who are happy after transitioning.

1 minute ago, anti-***** said:

Thank you! I agree. The anti-woke people just wanna highlight the few crazies they find. And they also highlight detransitioned people but never the supermajority who are happy after transitioning.

unfortunately it’s not just a few crazies anymore, and that’s the problem.

I don’t know what they want, I’m sure if they said what they wanted truthfully it would be incredibly unethical and lacking of compassion though.

16 minutes ago, DonSiblon said:

Btw this woman NEVER shows happy trans people. She only ever highlights the detransitioning minority. And it's crazy considering she's happily trans herself.

Just now, anti-***** said:

Btw this woman NEVER shows happy trans people. She only ever highlights the detransitioning minority. And it's crazy considering she's happily trans herself.

i mean, she literally shows herself. she also showed edenthedoll on her channel who is happily trans.

1 minute ago, ButterflyXIII said:

unfortunately it’s not just a few crazies anymore, and that’s the problem.

I think it is. Social media just amplifies them to make it seem more numerous. And we can talk against grooming/too early introduction to sex ed without having to be anti-woke.

Just now, ButterflyXIII said:

i mean, she literally shows herself. she also showed edenthedoll on her channel who is happily trans.

But most of her videos talk about the problems in the lgbtq sphere rather than positives. And I think that's weird.

1 minute ago, anti-***** said:

I think it is. Social media just amplifies them to make it seem more numerous. And we can talk against grooming/too early introduction to sex ed without having to be anti-woke.

they get a lot of engagement which shows that other people align themselves with the same ideological standard, so we can agree to disagree on that one.

i agree on the second point though. these teachers obviously care about these children and don’t want them to grow up without feeling supported or represented, but they’re also failing to acknowledge that it’s such a complex and nuanced issue that isn’t meant for kids that young to understand.

America and the world has spent SO LONG enforcing pre-ordained views about gender, sexuality, race, and religion that of course when the pendulum swings and people start feeling okay with speaking up against it, they will be 1) vilified and 2) seen as too extreme. But, change does require some bit of extremity, and that does not necessarily have to be a bad thing as long as its not affecting anyone else's rights. BUT if we really tally it up, only one side is advocating for the rights of others to be marginalized and reduced, and we see it time and time again.

Just now, swissman said:

Imagine how long a video called Anti-Woke Teachers of the USA would be though... like...

Being a teacher in the US must be terrible rn. The parents having all these demands. You need a degree to be a teacher but nothing for being a parent. It's evident that many people are not qualified to be parents and don't know what their kids need. And this doesn't mean that all teachers are great either, but most are.

1 minute ago, ButterflyXIII said:

i agree on the second point though. these teachers obviously care about these children and don’t want them to grow up without feeling supported or represented, but they’re also failing to acknowledge that it’s such a complex and nuanced issue that isn’t meant for kids that young to understand.

But plenty of complex and nuanced issues are taught to children from birth, basically. Race, gender, sexuality, religion, etc. are all either enforced or exposed to kids via the media, parents and schools and they generally are not given to the kids via a "here's the options!" style teaching but THIS is the right way.

And every single topic just requires an appropriate way of doing informing kids. For newer things, of course there is going to be some working out on what the best way to do it is...but total ignorance should not be the answer just because it's in its preliminary phases.

I find it hilarious that anyone thinks saying "you can be whatever gender you want, you can love whoever you want" etc. is considered "brainwashing" but "you can only be the one gender assigned to you at birth" and "you must be attracted to the opposite sex" despite the documentation that neither are true is...not brainwashing.

Edited by swissman

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.