Francia Raisa (Selena’s kidney donor) reacts to Taylena friendship: “Interesting”

nostalgia

Selena clearly meant someone from the MUSIC industry, or hell, someone who's actually worldwide famous like Taylor. No one knows who Francia is, so there's no point on using her as an example in that case. Selena is also friends with Sofia Carson who is someone far more famous than Francia and could've been used as an example too, and i'm not seeing her mad about it :rip:

I'm sorry but there's more to it than just a lack of a shoutout, otherwise their friendship is extremely fragile. If they loved each other so much i'm sure this could've been handled behind the scenes.

Also the Demi stans in here using her kidney transplant as some kind of excuse to attack Selena are pathetic :toofunny2:

11 hours ago, Cain said:

But honestly, I feel like if you do this for someone it should be for altruistic reasons only :michael: Also for your own sanity 

Someone walking around with your kidney doesn’t mean that that person then owes a healthy lifestyle to you. They owe it to themselves but that shouldn’t be your concern. It shouldn’t be a ‘I give you my kidney and in return you ___’ thing, again also for your own sanity 

Spill :clap3:

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• #Beautiful

• Freakshowvato

• sillycilla

• KatyPrismSpirit

16 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

I'm sorry but there's more to it than just a lack of a shoutout, otherwise their friendship is extremely fragile. If they loved each other so much i'm sure this could've been handled behind the scenes.

Also the Demi stans in here using her kidney transplant as some kind of excuse to attack Selena are pathetic :toofunny2:

Yeah it IS MORE than just the lack of shoutout in one interview lmao, it does involve the kidney transplant and Selena's recent doc that doesn't mention Francia at all. Also this isn't an excuse to "attack Selena" no one is attacking her. The fact Francia is a kidney donor is literally in the title of this thread, it's not "an excuse". It's just valid criticism and attempting to understand why Francia is potentially upset, given the recent unfollow.

I do NOT think Selena should be attacked or hated on for this, bc this is a complex topic and we are mature individuals with empathy for all parties involved. Well intention people still make mistakes or forget things sometimes.

Regarding the interview, I do understand tho that maybe Selena was thinking like her level famous, but she has other industry friends like Camila and Miley, and growing up was best friends with Demi. I don't know why Taylor is her "only" friend. And what's sad is Selena met Francia through acting so they are industry friends. :cries:

Edited by Freakshowvato

I hope Selena has footage that she filmed that mention Francia and it's released in a Director's Cut version or something bc that girl deserves a TINY bit of spotlight in this story.

34 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Huh? Kidney transplants carry very real risks, especially for the donor. It’s a MAJOR surgery and a MAJOR life decision. 

Death. There is always a risk of death with any major operation. However, the risk of death from surgery for living kidney donors is very low. Living donors undergo careful pre-operative testing and evaluation to make sure they are healthy enough for surgery. In one study of over 80,000 living kidney donors, death from surgery was 3.1 per 10,000 donors. This rate has not changed for the last 15 years.

https://www.kidney.org/transplantation/livingdonors/risks-of-surgery

Just now, #Beautiful said:

Death. There is always a risk of death with any major operation. However, the risk of death from surgery for living kidney donors is very low. Living donors undergo careful pre-operative testing and evaluation to make sure they are healthy enough for surgery. In one study of over 80,000 living kidney donors, death from surgery was 3.1 per 10,000 donors. This rate has not changed for the last 15 years.

https://www.kidney.org/transplantation/livingdonors/risks-of-surgery

There are still risks associated with having one kidney, and Francia can’t donate to another relative who may need one because of Selena. Selena should be grateful af. 

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

There are still risks associated with having one kidney, and Francia can’t donate to another relative who may need one because of Selena. Selena should be grateful af. 

There are risks with any literal surgery in existence as I've already said and everything that you've just mentioned was surely well thought by said donor before agreeing to do it for Selena and publicly stating that it felt like "God's calling her to do this". What makes you think she's ungrateful? Post your sources

15 hours ago, Subzero said:

I'm not in their friendship so my opinion doesn't mean much but when I watched the doc to me it came off in a way that Taylor is the only major *constant friend in her life from the industry since they've been friends for so long, didn't come off as "I'm friends with absolutely NOBODY ELSE in the business" :celestial5:

But we're outsiders, we'll never really know what/if anything happened with these two. It's unfortunate since she's a big part of saving her life but at the same time they're not required to stay close just because she gave her a kidney, that seems more like a forced responsibikity than a friendship nd people naturally grow apart.

Francia has a right to be hurt though if she felt their relationship was more important. I support them both and hope their friendship can mend one day :celestial4:

Some normal sense on Atrl.

That's rare.

The "funny" thing is that people here for Francia against the "evil selena" don't even care about her since yesterday. 

Some people really need to get a life instead of spending theirs following as stalkers someone they don't know, specially about the health issues. 

41 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

Selena clearly meant someone from the MUSIC industry, or hell, someone who's actually worldwide famous like Taylor. No one knows who Francia is, so there's no point on using her as an example in that case. Selena is also friends with Sofia Carson who is someone far more famous than Francia and could've been used as an example too, and i'm not seeing her mad about it :rip:

Selena and Sofia seem very close lately, they hang out often. They're so cute

OT: that stan is a troll and everybody knows.

The way all the Britney fans are running in here to bully Selena just like their fav. :deadvision:

Isn’t the documentary supposed to be about her battle with mental health? Why would her kidney transplant take precedence over it? 

People are being so wildly over the top and out of line about this without (clearly) knowing anything about Selena and Francia's friendship and history or even having watched the documentary, like are y'all not embarrassed :biblio:

1) Francia is not mentioned in the documentary because Selena's transplant is not touched upon, period. They had stopped filming by the time she cancelled the tour in 2016 and only got back at it by late 2019, while the trasnplant took place in 2017. Had this part of Selena's life been included in the film I'm sure Francia would have appeared as long as she wanted to be a part of it, since...

2) She and Selena did not "fall out" like most weirdos who fantasize about Selena being a hardcore drug addict / kidney stealer love to believe, Selena has consistently thanked her through the years and this was them mere months ago:

3) Selena did not pressure anyone into donating anything, in fact she tried to keep her (extremely critical) condition hidden until she broke down, in front of Francia, when she couldn't even open a water bottle anymore. She then insisted Francia should not even get tested because she had enough going on already, but she did anyway and then the doctor wrongly informed Selena first about the compatibility who then told Francia very excitedly. A mistake, yes, since she shouldn't have assumed that she'd be up to the surgery just because she got tested, but not in bad faith

4) With "only friend in the industry" I'm pretty sure Selena means someone who's been by her side consistently since the beginning and is obviously referring to a whole different celeb environment than the one Francia, who had basically no acting credits by the time she and Selena met and is not a pop star, belongs to. It's valid if Francia has issues with this statement but as an outsider it makes sense Selena wouldn't consider theirs as an industry friendship and leaving shady, promptly-deleted comments under posts from news outlets just comes across as a childish way to stir up drama, but alas :michael:

Edited by Godly

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Huh? They do owe it to you to try to be healthy. It’s YOUR organ that’s allowing them to live a fulfilling life. Let’s stop justifying selfishness like it’s our job, let’s do that challenge.

12 hours ago, Cain said:

But honestly, I feel like if you do this for someone it should be for altruistic reasons only :michael: Also for your own sanity 

Someone walking around with your kidney doesn’t mean that that person then owes a healthy lifestyle to you. They owe it to themselves but that shouldn’t be your concern. It shouldn’t be a ‘I give you my kidney and in return you ___’ thing, again also for your own sanity 

Hmm I kind of see both sides to this. 

If I were a kidney recipient, I think I’d want to do everything in my power to “take care” of it and always thank my donor, try to remain close to them, etc. 

On the other hand, if you donate a kidney, I think you have to go into it with the understanding that friendships change (and end) and you can’t control how it’s used going forward.

For that reason, I doubt I’d ever be able to donate a kidney to someone other than one of my immediate family members. So much potential for fraught situations. 

1 hour ago, Freakshowvato said:

I hope Selena has footage that she filmed that mention Francia and it's released in a Director's Cut version or something bc that girl deserves a TINY bit of spotlight in this story.

That would be minimal.

I really used like Selena but this **** made me HATE her. I hate people that are not loyal. 

Edited by Irco

17 hours ago, Da Vinci said:

God I'd hate to be a celebrity, literally every sentence is magnified and taken the wrong way :dancehall2:

Yeah that's so stupid. That girl sounds rude and interested. Is she even from the music industry ? I don't get why she's mad

she was always disrespectful to francia. i remember selena referring to her as "that girl who donated the kidney". :rip:

"im sorry i didnt mention every person i know" ????? SHE LITERALLY GAVE YOU A KIDNEY YOU UNGRATEFUL *****

Girl, you don't "just know her" she literally saved your life.

Something should have happened, there's no way Selena is this ungrateful for no reason

6 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Is she serious?! She would’ve been dead if it wasn’t for her.. she is just not someone “she knows” TF if wrong with her? :ace: 

Britney sweetie I’m so sorry you were right.

2 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

Girl, you don't "just know her" she literally saved your life.

Something should have happened, there's no way Selena is this ungrateful for no reason

selena has a habit of disposing those people she used for her own gain so no surprise

That response is so nasty. Definitely shows her intentions in the original comment too. Like the girl gave you a kidney after basically being forced to? Show some respect to your “friend.”

11 minutes ago, Attitude said:

yikes

such a callous way to talk about someone who literally gave you an organ and will have to deal with the long-term risks of that

where's her PR :redface:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.