'Lift Me Up' debuts #3 WW with +7.6M, +9M combined

Starkboy

2 hours ago, greeneyedsoul said:

So 7x of what GaGa's soundtrack single debuted with? 

:skull: 

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paola Bracho

• lonnie

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• Starkboy

6 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Right, because only bops can debut at #1 :toofunny3:

If you're not Adele or Taylor they don't.

Edited by Paola Bracho

24 minutes ago, Paola Bracho said:

Give us some examples of artists that came back after 6-7 years and had a huge opening day/week regardless the material. You must be able to name at least 10 artists since it seems like according to you Rih is the exception that failed to meet those numbers. Oh and Adele better not be on that list, cause she is an anomaly. Waits for your response. 

please y'all are really scrambling for excuses.

there's not even 10 artists in the streaming era who are as big as Rihanna. Adele is the perfect comparison and only other recent massive artist who came back after such a long break

6 minutes ago, Paola Bracho said:

If you're not Adele or Taylor they don't.

drivers license off the top of my head

23 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Weird because I remember ATRL saying it’s very hard and rare for a mainstream act to come back after 6-7 years and smash… so what is the truth ?

Well you didn’t hear it from me so what’s your point? :kitty:

5 minutes ago, favorite crime said:

please y'all are really scrambling for excuses.

there's not even 10 artists in the streaming era who are as big as Rihanna. Adele is the perfect comparison and only other recent massive artist who came back after such a long break

Name some artists prior to streaming that slayed the 1st week based on their name?? YOU CAN'T!

4 minutes ago, favorite crime said:

drivers license off the top of my head

4 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Drivers License and Stuck With U?

Well yea, a teased for months song that became an internet viral before its release and a song by 2 streaming monsters (that free drop after the release week)! You clocked me!

Britney, Beyoncé, Rihanna releasing new music in 2022 and all of them charting high :jonny: who would have thought.

29 minutes ago, Paola Bracho said:

You clocked me!

the first step to acceptance is admitting it.

People blamed Katy's break when Chained to the rhythm flopped, Rihanna didn't need 'comeback hype' when she used to release every year. Taylor dropped Folklore, Evermore, Red TV and she debuted with 1.5m. Did she need to take a break. Most of the time if the music is great it works otherwise it tanks, see Adele with Easy on Me.

5 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

the first step to acceptance is admitting it.

Oh another Swiftie that experiences dysphoria. Welcome to the S-club honey!

Edited by Paola Bracho

30 minutes ago, Lein said:

People blamed Katy's break when Chained to the rhythm flopped, Rihanna didn't need 'comeback hype' when she used to release every year. Taylor dropped Folklore, Evermore, Red TV and she debuted with 1.5m. Did she need to take a break. Most of the time if the music is great it works otherwise it tanks, see Adele with Easy on Me.

Easy on Me spent 10 weeks at #1  :toofunny2:

3 minutes ago, Green said:

Easy on Me spent 10 weeks at #1  :toofunny2:

Could have been 20 weeks and still killed '30' cause it wasn't good.

2 hours ago, Feanor said:

Not the "soundtrack single" excuses when this is #1 on TTH + cover (alongside 100M+ playlisting on first day, which is more than Anti-Hero or Easy On Me's day 1 playlist reach) and the massive radio deal. Not to mention the comeback hype… :gaycat6:

What other soundtrack singles had a bigger streaming and radio push than some top artists' lead singles?

OT: Nice numbers, although I expected more given all the circumstances.

It'll probably have longevity once the movie is out tho.

2 hours ago, Feanor said:

Except looking at past numbers, standalone songs tend to get more streams than when they're dropped alongside full albums.

"As It Was" debuted with 16.1M streams when it was released and only did 14M when the album was released (his next highest song on album release day did 10.1M)
"Easy On Me" debuted with 19.7M streams and only did 10.4M with the album (next highest song did 6.8M)

Even Taylor did more with the standalone "ME!" (7.9M) than "cardigan" (7.7M) or "willow" (7.3M), which came with album drops and were released after a streaming growth of +1 year.

Again, standalone songs tend to have more streams than songs that come with album drops, not less.

And EOM was announced October 12, released October 15 so idk where you're getting 2 weeks from :gaycat6:

:soda::soda::soda::soda::soda:

OT - Great numbers. Wish her music comeback was with a stronger song.

3 hours ago, ninasayers said:

The instrumental seems to have cannibalized the original a bit. 

Because it's better. It sounds really beautiful without Rihanna's voice.

3 hours ago, ninasayers said:

The instrumental seems to have cannibalized the original a bit. 

I played it first cause it was the first one that popped up when I searched the song yesterday. The titles are so long you can’t tell which is the instrumental :rip:

You can clearly tell people were perched to drag and can't really drag the numbers without looking ridiculous :deadbanana4:

Like the numbers aren't bad at all, especially for a soundtrack like give it up and save the drags for the R9 lead if it flops :ahh:

it's obviously not bad but it proves once again that it's not worth it to take long breaks in the streaming era

Explaining the 27M radio debut: it’s Rihanna’s first single in 7 years!!!! Of course it will debut huge!!11

Explaining debuting below Taylor and Kim Petras on Spotify: it’s an unpromoted soundtrack single ballad, no one had big expectations!!11

So what is it  :fan:

15 minutes ago, Icarus said:

Explaining the 27M radio debut: it’s Rihanna’s first single in 7 years!!!! Of course it will debut huge!!11

Explaining debuting below Taylor and Kim Petras on Spotify: it’s an unpromoted soundtrack single ballad, no one had big expectations!!11

So what is it  :fan:

What it is is that she might get something your fave Camila has never had: a solo top ten :sistrens:

1 minute ago, lonnie said:

What it is is that she might get something your fave Camila has never had: a solo top ten :sistrens:

Never Be The Same was a solo top 10. Kane Brown remix was never credited ? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.