• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Roger

• computer.boy

• Wrecked

• ATRL Moderator

The write-up by their publicist is an awesome read, has me absolutely perched to listen to the record in full :wanda:

• ATRL Moderator
22 hours ago, RockYou! said:

I do kind of wish they went even more in depth regarding the record but still so nice to have a long interview with them! 

• ATRL Moderator

Really interested in hearing how Talking in My Sleep sounds given the writing credits, I love that there seems to be just a little more diversity this go around in terms of co-writers 

On 1/26/2023 at 11:59 PM, Ampersand13 said:

The write-up by their publicist is an awesome read, has me absolutely perched to listen to the record in full :wanda:

Wheres this?

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, normanikordeix said:

Wheres this?

https://shorefire.com/roster/aly-and-aj

You have to scroll to the 'biography' section on the right side of the page and then click 'read more' but it's a great read!

the two singles are really great, especially the title track, whew:WAP: never listened to a touch of the beat (besides pretty places which slays) cuz of the hideous cover, any recs?

Edited by On The Bound

35 minutes ago, On The Bound said:

the two singles are really great, especially the title track, whew:WAP: never listened to a touch of the beat (besides pretty places with slays) cuz of the hideous cover, any recs?

It's SO good!

My top three might be: 

• Stomach.

• Personal Cathedrals.

• Symptom of Your Touch.

• ATRL Moderator

Baby Lay Your Head Down has encouraged me to revisit the title track (I haven't listened to in a while) and though I still think it's one of their weaker singles, I have come to thoroughly enjoy the instrumentation and the verses :jamming:

BLYHD is way way better than WLF!

14 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

Baby Lay Your Head Down has encouraged me to revisit the title track (I haven't listened to in a while) and though I still think it's one of their weaker singles, I have come to thoroughly enjoy the instrumentation and the verses :jamming:

Weak single? Yes. 

Amazing song? Absolutely. 

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Roger said:

Weak single? Yes. 

Amazing song? Absolutely. 

It really has grown on me, I still wish the chorus was a bit more dynamic but a wonderful song nonetheless :jamming:

9 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

It really has grown on me, I still wish the chorus was a bit more dynamic but a wonderful song nonetheless :jamming:

I agree, it took me a while to finally love it, but damn the whole mood and lyrics are amazing. 

• ATRL Moderator

They had a little Sirius XM radio interview the other day, hopefully they can continue visiting stations and have some promotion for when the album drops next month 

When the singles start to hit….. oh wow…. Maybe this is shaping up to be better than a touch of the beat….

Excited for this, but really wish they had more promotion. They deserve an Into the Rush again.

• ATRL Moderator

The thing that kind of saddens me at times is that had they been able to build a radio presence earlier in their career they could have (theoretically) been able to transition to AC/HAC quite nicely. Their music now would be perfect for that format (Pretty Places, Symptom, Baby Lay Your Head Down) because it's catchy and commercial enough, but alas.

They spoke about this candidly in the Zach Sang interview, but they really are content with the shape of their music career and its subsequent trajectory. And that's all that really matters. As much as I'd love for them to get much more recognition, so long as they're happy and making great records I'll be more than satisfied. 

On 1/29/2023 at 6:38 PM, On The Bound said:

the two singles are really great, especially the title track, whew:WAP: never listened to a touch of the beat (besides pretty places which slays) cuz of the hideous cover, any recs?

You should really listen, it's such a good record.

My top 3 are: Lucky to Get Him, Am I Alright, Listen

• ATRL Moderator

• ATRL Moderator
On 2/8/2023 at 11:28 AM, AM98GJ said:

Absolutely agree. With Love From is a grower for sure, she's on my hi playlist :giraffe:

Yes yes yes, been listening to it so much the past couple days. I fear I won't be listening to anything else once this album comes out :dies:

• ATRL Moderator

Can't believe we're a month away from this incoming masterpiece :wanda:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.