Aly & AJ - 'With Love From'

computer.boy

On 5/30/2023 at 9:10 AM, Roger said:

I wonder if they are (or will be able) to buy their back catalogue including that unreleased album. 

And I also wonder if Hollywood Records are willing to release that unreleased album (with A&A consent and maybe working together for the promo). 

I know it's been more than a decade but Aly & AJ are very relevant right now and their fanbase grew a lot. 

this would be ideal. their scrapped hr record and 78violet has been brought up multiple times. they should come around to releasing them officially and get their coins

On 5/30/2023 at 4:01 PM, Roger said:

Totally understand that, but I really thought they liked to collaborate with Rivers Cuomo from Weezer and Nancy Wilson from Heart. 

I remember they mentioned how proud they were regarding working with them on those songs. 

i think their issue with the hothouse record was that it leaked before it was suppose to be released so they got discouraged 

On 5/30/2023 at 3:17 PM, Ampersand13 said:

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they've either stated plainly or alluded to truly disliking the shelved Hollywood Records material (and even Hothouse for that matter a biT.) I mean they could have easily put HH on streaming at any point in time and they still choose not to so the idea of them even considering negotiating with their old label to release an even older album they don't like seems impossible. 

For the record, I think 78violet is an amazing album and I'm happy we have the tracklist and at least medium quality versions of every song on it but that ship has sailed unfortunately. If Hollywood Records ever decides to 'open the vault' so to speak as like a marketing gimmick/campaign then maybe but even then I don't think A&A would want any part of it. 

with hollywood records yes they had a certain disdain for a majority of those records but i think it had more to do so with how they were being managed and controlled as artists but they've come to terms that theirs a loyalty and audience that they've built because of those said records. with their last scrapped album in an interview a few years ago they literally don't know where it's gone or being kept therefore not having access to releasing it properly but i'm sure the girls can get down to it if they wanted to

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Roger

• computer.boy

• Wrecked

#ReleaseThe78VioletAlbum

That would be a cool Twitter campaign 🤭 

They have stated multiple times now that their only method of releasing the unreleased Hollywood Records album would be to rerecord the whole thing which they have no interest in doing. The returns they would make on that would likely not outweigh the costs.

And given their past re-recordings, even that would likely lead to a dissatisfactory resolution, ESPECIALLY because they have a negative emotional attachment to those songs and would be unlikely to give it their all.

As Ampersand13 stated, the Hothouse album could be thrown on streaming at any time and they just choose not to. Aside from not fully liking it themselves, they have always had concerns that releasing it would confuse the casual listener, being mistaken as a new album and distracting or deterring listeners from their modern day music.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Boniqua said:

They have stated multiple times now that their only method of releasing the unreleased Hollywood Records album would be to rerecord the whole thing which they have no interest in doing. The returns they would make on that would likely not outweigh the costs.

And given their past re-recordings, even that would likely lead to a dissatisfactory resolution, ESPECIALLY because they have a negative emotional attachment to those songs and would be unlikely to give it their all.

As Ampersand13 stated, the Hothouse album could be thrown on streaming at any time and they just choose not to. Aside from not fully liking it themselves, they have always had concerns that releasing it would confuse the casual listener, being mistaken as a new album and distracting or deterring listeners from their modern day music.

All this makes totally sense, thanks for sharing. 

I hope they play again Heart and 53rd Floor and got them recorded professionally so I can rip the audio, I prefer the live versions a lot more than the overproduced mess that David Kahne did.

• ATRL Moderator
38 minutes ago, Boniqua said:

King. I love you. 

• 4 weeks later...

The music video for "Sunchoke" will be out tomorrow!

On 3/15/2023 at 2:56 AM, computer.boy said:

Yeah, I think I remember reading something about a blue theme for the album or something like that... I'm using this 10-min-edit I made, just as basic as the og cover.

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

this is great

On 3/26/2023 at 6:16 AM, Ampersand13 said:

A talented fan named Zach makes some great fanmade ones 

withlovefrom.png?width=916&height=916withlovefrom.png?width=916&height=916withlovefrom.png?width=916&height=916

these are straight up perfections :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

We are seated and perched :wanda:Sunchoke supremacy indeed! 
Even if it’s not my fav from the album

• ATRL Moderator

My top 5 is probably: Baby Lay Your Head Down, Talking in My Sleep, Blue Dress, With Love From, and Open to Something (although Sunchoke is like right next to these as is Love You This Way which gets too much hate) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Does anybody know about this song? It was released on Spotify yesterday but got deleted in a few hours. I managed to listen to it a couple of times before it was gone. It has such a lovely christmas vibe and the sound overall is in the spirit of 'With Love From'. I guess it was released earlier than they planned since there's no announce on their pages. Should be coming soon I guess

spacer.png

https://genius.com/Aly-and-aj-lonesome-dove-lyrics

10 minutes ago, Arknex said:

Does anybody know about this song? 

It's a track from their upcoming Christmas EP, management messed up the release (once again). Should be out in a couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, computer.boy said:

It's a track from their upcoming Christmas EP, management messed up the release (once again). Should be out in a couple of weeks.

ohh, got it, thank you!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.