• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Roger

• computer.boy

• Wrecked

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

When is the album out

The album is set to be released before April but after January. 

love the single! obviously it’s no Lost Cause in terms of hookiness but it’s still gorgeous and a great continuation of what they explored on A Touch of the Beat :heart:

Oh, they're credited as producers! We love to see it.

I'm glad Yves Rothman is involved in the upcoming project.

On 11/1/2022 at 2:22 PM, BlackJesus said:

When is the album out

Update: The album is set to be released in March.  :duck:

1 hour ago, computer.boy said:

Update: The album is set to be released in March.  :duck:

I really hope they only release two singles before the album release.

I'm afraid they go the last album route and release 5 singles before the album release.

Imagine if they do the same this time, we would have half of the album out already x_x

Had a pleasure of listening to this! It's coming on March 10th and the tracklist follows as in the OP. As hinted by Aly & Aj themselves With Love From serves as a sister album to Touch, but even though the writing and production credits are filled with mostly the same team - notably Yves Rotham, Ryan Spraker and Jorge Elbrecht, there's been another shift towards more folky singer-songwriter approach as well as indie-rock, dream-pop stripping the record of any synthpop or new wave sound. The opening track already feels like something taken off the recent Angel Olsen album, soft contemporary Americana. Baby Lay Your Head Down falls under this description too. Interestingly the title track is a song most reminiscent of the previous album. I'd go as far as saying you could swap Slow Dancing and With Love From as lead singles and they would be a better representation of their respective albums. After Hours is a little bit more country indie pop track while Blue Dress drifts us back to mellow dream pop. Love You This Way and Tear the Night Up are two most upbeat songs, fun and catchy with strong bright drum patterns and swinging electric guitars. Between these sits Way of Nature, Way of Grace which is a beautiful acoustic track featuring guest vocals from American singer Joy Oladokun. It's directly inspired by 2011 movie The Tree of Life directed by Terrence Malick who seems to be honored with an official songwriting credit. Sunchoke as expected is another more dynamic indie rock track calling back to ATOTB.. themes. Talking in My Sleep is definitely one of the more poppy tracks as well, interestingly it features credits from Dreamlab - pop duo behind majority of Into the Rush. Perhaps it has a sample from one the older tracks that I don't recognize or maybe it's even some unreleased song from that time they decided to rework? Either way it fits the album really well. 6 Months of Staring Into the Sun is a stunning 5 minute long grand finale of both records. Soft piano ballad that explodes into a culmination of sound of the entire album.

It's a really pleasant listen with Aly & AJ constantly showing more artistic maturity with every next release. Even though I'm gonna mourn their synthpop phase for a bit, I'm always here for the evolution. For now With Love From and 6 Months of Staring Into the Sun are the biggest stand outs to me, but with a record like this I know the other tracks will be growing and unfolding themselves in the following months.

Sounds like AOTY 2023!

Thank you BOZ! 

I'm really excited for this album. 

Noooooo don’t get rid of the SYNTHS! 

Lucky to get him is my fave song from them :chick2:

either way I will be stanning 

hmmm they never miss for me so i know i’ll still love this but i admit i’m slightly disappointed we won’t be getting another Symptom of Your Touch here. i do enjoy the new direction but they really peaked for me with their EPs, they just do that synthy pop so well

6 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Had a pleasure of listening to this! It's coming on March 10th and the tracklist follows as in the OP. As hinted by Aly & Aj themselves With Love From serves as a sister album to Touch, but even though the writing and production credits are filled with mostly the same team - notably Yves Rotham, Ryan Spraker and Jorge Elbrecht, there's been another shift towards more folky singer-songwriter approach as well as indie-rock, dream-pop stripping the record of any synthpop or new wave sound. The opening track already feels like something taken off the recent Angel Olsen album, soft contemporary Americana. Baby Lay Your Head Down falls under this description too. Interestingly the title track is a song most reminiscent of the previous album. I'd go as far as saying you could swap Slow Dancing and With Love From as lead singles and they would be a better representation of their respective albums. After Hours is a little bit more country indie pop track while Blue Dress drifts us back to mellow dream pop. Love You This Way and Tear the Night Up are two most upbeat songs, fun and catchy with strong bright drum patterns and swinging electric guitars. Between these sits Way of Nature, Way of Grace which is a beautiful acoustic track featuring guest vocals from American singer Joy Oladokun. It's directly inspired by 2011 movie The Tree of Life directed by Terrence Malick who seems to be honored with an official songwriting credit. Sunchoke as expected is another more dynamic indie rock track calling back to ATOTB.. themes. Talking in My Sleep is definitely one of the more poppy tracks as well, interestingly it features credits from Dreamlab - pop duo behind majority of Into the Rush. Perhaps it has a sample from one the older tracks that I don't recognize or maybe it's even some unreleased song from that time they decided to rework? Either way it fits the album really well. 6 Months of Staring Into the Sun is a stunning 5 minute long grand finale of both records. Soft piano ballad that explodes into a culmination of sound of the entire album.

It's a really pleasant listen with Aly & AJ constantly showing more artistic maturity with every next release. Even though I'm gonna mourn their synthpop phase for a bit, I'm always here for the evolution. For now With Love From and 6 Months of Staring Into the Sun are the biggest stand outs to me, but with a record like this I know the other tracks will be growing and unfolding themselves in the following months.

Thank you thank you thank you!! So excited for this to come out, AHH!

excited for this, the single grew on me after seeing them live :lakitu:

but based on what i've heard so far I don't think it'll live up to a touch of the beat tbh

Performance tomorrow on the Today show!:wanda:

Sunchoke being a dynamic indie rock track is all I needed to continue living. THANK YOU @BlackoutZone for the tea! ☀️

14 hours ago, Roger said:

I love their interviews, is almost as watching close friends talk to you. 

Yes! They are always so personable, love watching their interviews! 

Still think it was such a weird decision to start the era now :gaycat6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.