Young Royals: Season 3 | Netflix | Final season out now

Lovett

i didn't like episode 1 of season 2 at all and forced myself to begin episode 2 but now :deadbanana2: I'm glad I did cause the rest of the season was so good. There needs to be a third season:clap3:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nebur

• Lovett

• feelslikeadream

• Johnny Jacobs

Just started watching this show 2 days ago and we’re already done binging it. :rip:Really admire this show for casting actors who are looking like actual teenagers, acne and all… 

The whole gay royal crown prince hook feels fresh and brings a lot of the needed complexity. The other characters besides August are likeable as well. 

Overall really enjoyed it and looking forward to a 3rd season. 

Finally finished :jonny5: I hope we get a season 3

I love Marcus. He's such a cutie who deserves better but also lowkey manipulative with that father line 

August is still 100% trash. I wanted him to off himself so much this season.

And Sarah :biblio: that skank turning on her own blood like that. Glad she at least started to do something right in the last episode. 

Wil ain't no saint either as y'all make him out to be. Simon either but I think that's why I love this show so much. No one is really perfect and most of the time their flaws are what really makes this show so good. 

3 hours ago, chester said:

Just started watching this show 2 days ago and we’re already done binging it. :rip:Really admire this show for casting actors who are looking like actual teenagers, acne and all… 

This is actually one of my favorite things about the show. I remember being shook at the casting on S1 because for once the Netflix actors looked like actual teenagers and not Instagram models. :toofunny2: Heartstopper did this too, but the actors were younger.

13 hours ago, Hector said:

The way August managed to be worse than in Season 1 :deadbanana4:

honestly, I actually enjoyed his redemption arc and was rooting for him and then he brought in Alexander and I was like :rip: 

I loved this season, it was so deep and complex and I also liked the darkness. Seeing Wille's struggles was so interesting and to me he seemed unpredictable, it felt like anything could happen and I loved it. I felt so bad when that whole Marcus thing happened and it was amazing when he changed his strategy and started to be nice to him and it totally threw off Simon.

Imo it was great that we got to see more of the other characters this season, Sarah, August, Felice, it felt very complete and did not leave any questions unanswered and everything tied together well. Felice is an absolute queen btw :alexz:She deserves more recognition.

That last scene with the speech, I was yelling and it was the perfect ending.

It would make sense if there is another season, S2 had a lot of drama that is now out of the way and yet there are still some points unresolved which could be brought to a close in a S3, plus there we could see more of a happy Wille/Simon relationship  :duca:

Am I wrong or this second season is not getting the same success-buzz of the first one?

The first one has been #1 and in top3 for weeks in my country and punctually trending on Twitter, meanwhile this second season is already falling of the top10 despite being just released and it's making 0 noise.

However I enjoyed this second season, loved the final episode, overall it's a good show but I feel like the plot was really stale this second season, nothing really happened and some minor storylines were kind of cringe and pointless for me, like the horse one, considering it's a 6 episode show they need more dynamics imo.

16 hours ago, 1DES said:

This show needs to be longer than 6 episodes. 

This. I'm going to watch the last two episodes of season 2 tonight :duca:

At best, it's going to be renewed for 1 last final season...

• ATRL Moderator

Just finished and phew, the last episode was so good. We need at least one more season :gaycat6: This show having fewer seasons than Love Victor would truly be the peak of homophobia.

I usually hate when I watch gay media and end up caring more about straight characters, but I was def most interested in Sara and August this season. They did great work creating a tangled web around them. The shooting range scene was such a good payoff, getting everyone important together like that.

And ftr, Simon never turned out to be annoying :coffee2: I think y'all were confusing Simon and Wille, maybe because of the language barrier? But it's ok because they both came out alright in the end, I think.

On 11/5/2022 at 3:20 PM, Leptine said:

Am I wrong or this second season is not getting the same success-buzz of the first one?

The first one has been #1 and in top3 for weeks in my country and punctually trending on Twitter, meanwhile this second season is already falling of the top10 despite being just released and it's making 0 noise.

However I enjoyed this second season, loved the final episode, overall it's a good show but I feel like the plot was really stale this second season, nothing really happened and some minor storylines were kind of cringe and pointless for me, like the horse one, considering it's a 6 episode show they need more dynamics imo.

Tbh, I don't get the impression that it's an expensive show to produce (the rowing competition in the gym :rip:), so as long as it's a success in Scandinavia, it should be renewed for a new and maybe final season. I've noticed the new season entered in a bunch of new markets the first one didn't, so the word of mouth worked between seasons. The major con is that this is a 6 episode/season show, in contrast to Manifest or The Crown, for example, so in one day you can easily binge the whole season and never go back to it. 

I finished watching season 2 last night. While I really loved it, I think season 1 is better. However, I hope we get one more season at least.

jus killed both seasons over da weekend

can Sara be any more insufferable, da worst of sisters

also Queen Felice is everything

• ATRL Moderator

Just finished season 2 and it was a major step up from season 1. The drama was much sharper and the characters felt more fleshed out.

August needs to be rotting in a jail cell by the end of S3.

On 11/2/2022 at 8:41 PM, Nebur said:

don't you drag king Wil:biblio: we know that he is not perfect and that he made his mistakes, but understand he is 16 years old  he was never prepared to be a king he was never trained, not to mention that he is gay and there can be no gay king according to the palace add that he lives with anxiety and the person he loved one died and the other acted like an idiot this entire season:coffee2:

Wil should be working a regular ass job, in a regular ass school, he's very much out of touch with actual people. He acts beneath 16 actually and being gay doesn't change that, he's bossy and acts like everything should fall in his lap and doesn't take the time to understand why people behave the way they do(which his brother tried to get him to understand in s1) instead of getting mad by it. Who isn't anxious in our cast though? August is anxious, Sarah is anxious, Simon is anxious and Felice was anxious in s1.

If wil gets afforded the kid excuse then so does everyone else at that school tbh. The only thing I'd give him is his brother dying and he was on one before that too, it's why he got sent to the school in the first place, behavioral issues and causing trouble. Just a rowdy busy body.

I still haven't watched the last 3 eps. gonna try to get them in on the weekend or something. The way the writers have been in the past makes me feel like they won't disappoint me.

The season was good

King will :heart2:

I hate Simom even more now :biblio: can he be more insufferable :deadbanana2:

Not him getting a prince and a cutie (marcus) and he's being a little bich while he aint ****. 

So f***** annoying. 

At least make him stop singing :grump:

I dont know why but August is serving hotness this season :redface:

Felice is that bich tbh

Hopefully S3 will give will the hottie and normal guy he deserves and simon will leave to be the flopped "singer" that he thinks he is. 

I thought they did a really good coming up with suspense for the 2nd season. Kudos to the director on once again making scenes where minor things like a look packs such a punch.

I hope it'll do as well as Heartstopper since it's the better show, imo.

Looking forward to season 3, where I hope they'll go on a class trip. Maybe Simon could take Willhelm to the yearly family reunion in latin america?

1 hour ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Yah this is def getting cancelled

Why? :rip: The show is a success in Scandinavia and it reached the Top 10 in 26 countries per Netflix. Its still one of the top non-English series WW despite being very short.

I think it's definitely getting a 3rd season, maybe final one. I don't really want them to drag it forever either.

Edited by State of Grace.

• ATRL Moderator

^^ And it seems pretty cheap to film, I would assume. They shoot almost entirely on one set, don't use special effects or CGI stuff, the actors are young and are probably exploited and underpaid, there's no huge star who costs a lot to retain, etc. I'm sure they can afford a final season.

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

^^ And it seems pretty cheap to film, I would assume. They shoot almost entirely on one set, don't use special effects or CGI stuff, the actors are young and are probably exploited and underpaid, there's no huge star who costs a lot to retain, etc. I'm sure they can afford a final season.

Agreed. They did end S2 in a way that it would work if there was no continuation, still there are a few things that have not been resolved and of course most fans want to see more Wilmon so I do think there will be one final season to tie it all up and give proper closure to their story.

4 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Yah this is def getting cancelled

Huh? I thought this season was more successful than the first one 

• ATRL Moderator

They should get the real Swedish prince to do a nude cameo next season :gaycat2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.