And Simon is annoying and can go 

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Nene GIF by Bravo TV

He's one of the main characters...? :deadbanana4: 

OT: Super excited for this season

2 hours ago, touch said:

He's one of the main characters...? :deadbanana4: 

Still.. I don't use him :coffee2:

• 2 weeks later...

I can't get over the song in the trailer... gets me so hyped and emotional :'( I'm excited but also so nervous

• ATRL Moderator

Almost here :jonnycat: The trailer was so good that it has a lot to live up to, but I have faith.

2 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

and what's happening here??

FgcIcW3XwAAJh-l?format=jpg&name=large

:bibliahh: WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

14 minutes ago, touch said:

Finished S2 as well :jonny: So many thoughts :jonny:

Is it worth the watch ? 

30 minutes ago, Kwame said:

Is it worth the watch ? 

Definitely! Without giving any spoilers, I think it's more complex than the first season and deeps into some characters 

Okay, watched ep. 1 today and it was fine, I have several probably controversial things to say so...

I cackled at Wil suffering from bussy withdrawals, poor baby. Loved him giving mom the door too, poor ha. Sad to see him cope with his brother being gone, which leads me into:

I don't care about the August hate, lmao, like seriously, move on. This vindictive, powerplay is exactly why the royal families such, they don't operate in healthy ways, which is exactly why they're relics. Wilhelm is a monster of tradition and his fans act like he's some hapless little baby but him and August are more alike than they are different, yes, August is an ******* but as we gladly got pointed out to those hard of hearing Alexander demonstrates exactly how Wilhelm is not some boy angel, he's an active agent that chooses to be complicit with the ills of his society instead of using his power to dismantle it. That's why him and Simon don't work, Wilhelm is the aristocracy, he's not a perfect fit but he acts in accordance and it's very much within his power to not be. He's also a brat, embarrassing his mother in front of the circle was funny and sad but also shows how he's also very self-indulgent. He needs to shape up as a person and Simon would lose with him not win as people would like to believe.

Onto August, watching him grovel was pathetic and the self victimization like consequences shouldcease becauss he's like really sad about it, was annoying BUT I'm not interested in watching him squirm, if anything, I'd like to see him actually try to become independent instead of coasting off the laurels of his heritage. Most people don't clearly state the connection but inheritance is base laziness. August is also a product of the narcissist factory of aristocracy, coupled with his status of lower class than his cohort, Simon, he's also a product of inferiority complex Inc. Sarah can be his out to being a worthwhile human being but he needs to actually grow a backbone instead of using his manufactured one to harm others to his benefit. Him and Sarah will not have a fan romantically from me because they are gonna be textbook codependency marketed as puzzle pieces fitting together toxicity BUT I think they should work together, they're in the same boat after all; liars in arms.

Simon has character growth going for him but I fear he'll relapse into Wilhelm's orbit, despite what he said. Marcus is giving pet lizard bought to fill a void because that's what the "rebound" construct came from; people who don't wanna do the emotional work of reevaluation, reconstruction and self correcting. Simon has a bright future in music and should indeed build to that, bounce off of Marcus as a friend and become a more complete man to graduate school without Wilhelm being a puzzle piece worth considering. He can do better.

Felice, still a darling and I hope she gets SOMETHING to work with this season, when she finds out Sarah is a judas contract girl, whew, the fun that will ensue! I hope she finds some strength against her mom and maybe a man who likes her for her, outside what she can give him(a beard or status.)

Sarah, girl, August is bad news but you know but that's the buy isn't it? GGGB era realness. I understand the allure of project, so many people suffer from that syndrome but building sandcastles should be a beach activity ie something you do for fun not in real-time. Sarah needs to focus on cementing herself in the social class she wants through hardwork, not faking status to make it, everyone knows you're poor already, idg the keeping up with the Joneses stuff at this point. The flag burning is iconic though, people that worship nationhood are big weird.

Simon is literally like a side character this season. Willhelm singlehandedly carried the whole season.

I was so hype for this and then lowkey forgot it was coming out. November came too quick lol. Def binging tonight though.

Was it as good as season 1 ? NO because season one was never going to be topped but this was truly a fantastic season and I enjoyed it a lot.. edving as wilhelm carried the season IMO. Marcus and Simon was lowkey GIVING it IMO. 

• ATRL Moderator

Only watched the first ep, but unlike @RunUpDoneUp, I love watching August squirm :jonnycat: I love when drama series/movies build tension and the Wille/August tension is superb to watch. Also, August is actually one of my fave characters, and I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of character development he gets this season. The scene with Sarah was so good.

Overall, I thought the episode was great, and it reminded me of how much I loved the first season.

I'll see it  this weekend:gaycat7:, this is VAT week, I'm full at work and at night I'll fall asleep quickly because I'm so tired:chick3: 

1 hour ago, EdgeofTeeth said:

Simon is insufferable lmao

fr

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.